What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichiello vs Hodgson

Who is a better fullback?

• Brett Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I believe that these two are currently the two best fullbacks running around. Who do you think is better?

Minichiello was a little out of sorts at the start of the season, but has been playing well in recent weeks.

Hodgson has had a brilliant season and has been pretty much faultless all year. I thought his defence stood out tonight, and he is not usually noted for it.

Both are great under the high ball and both are great in attack. Who is better and why?

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I believe that these two are currently the two best fullbacks running around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest thread of the week. :clap: #-o Minichello is miles ahead of this "hodgson" fellow you speak of. :D

Pantherjim.

Referee
No Doubt Hodgson is having a great year and is in brilliant form but I still think Minichiello is the number one fullback in the game. (even though he's a Rooster ;-) ) I love just love his kick-returns! he ends up making 15-25 metres on average after taking the ball on the full. A very dangerous player! I just wish Sugar would do the same!

Pantherjim.

Campbell,P-4040201L.jpg

Nug

Juniors
Mini is defnalty better on the wing though imo
I hear he will be moving back there later on in the year...

lockyno1

Post Whore
This year Hodgson has been much better than Minichello. I mean Minichello has played half a decent game of footy thi year and that was in State of Origin 3!!

However, and despite this I still rate Minichello more of a game breaker than Hodgson.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Compared to last year, Hodgson is unbelievable.

He is in great form too, but he is sometimes found out of position when fielding kicks. Minichiello and Hornby catch a lot more kicks than Hodgson does. More often than not you find Hodgson running back and cleaning up. That loses him a lot of ground.

I don't think they are Miles apart thugh. They are both very dangerous, and are the top fullbacks in the comp.

Red Bear

Referee
lockyno1 said:
This year Hodgson has been much better than Minichello. I mean Minichello has played half a decent game of footy thi year and that was in State of Origin 3!!

However, and despite this I still rate Minichello more of a game breaker than Hodgson.
What about his match against the Dogs earlier this year? I thought Minichello was excellent until the test match and after that his form dropped off and its been ppicking up since Origin again.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Why do people think we're over the cap when everytime it comes to rating players, you dont really rate Roosters players? #-o According to this poll, Hodgson is better than Minichiello. :oops: And of course Hodges is the most overrated in the comp. Morley is just a cheap shot merchant. Finch is overrated and shouldnt have played for NSW. Wing is behind both Buderus and Smith as the best hooker. Walker is one of the worst players ever. Crocker and Flannery arent up to Origin standard.......

Going into the Origin series I would have selected Hodgson as my fullback.

Hodgson throws himself into the game. He gets bashed every week....but he'll side into 17 sets of knees to scoop up a grubber kick and no hesitate.

Hodgson is the safe of the two thats for sure. For all this crap about Minnichello being safe as houses....he makes bad mistakes in big games.

Both are great player, but if I had to chose a fullback I like the fearless attitude of Hodgson.

Anonymous

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:
I believe that these two are currently the two best fullbacks running around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest thread of the week. :clap: #-o Minichello is miles ahead of this "hodgson" fellow you speak of. :D

10 people don't think so. And so far aonyl 19 have voted. oh well at least erhtey're both better than schifcofske.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Lockyear, Hunt, Hornby, Minichello, O Davis, Hodgson..

Thats how i rate them, but does it really matter, Hodgo does some things better than Mini, and others, but is not a better Ball Runner, or Tackle buster, or defensively he is nowhere near Mini.

Out of these 2, I voted.. Mini..

But if we were voting on parts of the game, Maybe Hodgo.

STSAE

Juniors
Stgillaman said:
Lockyear, Hunt, Hornby, Minichello, O Davis, Hodgson..

Thats how i rate them, but does it really matter, Hodgo does some things better than Mini, and others, but is not a better Ball Runner, or Tackle buster, or defensively he is nowhere near Mini.

Out of these 2, I voted.. Mini..

But if we were voting on parts of the game, Maybe Hodgo.

Dimsim, you know what I am gonna say so why bother??

Ok I will then.

Do you want tictacs with that, baby??

:lol: :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Hunt ahead of any of the blokes you mentioned is a joke. Hornby ahead of either one of Minichiello or Hodgson is a joke. O'davis ahead of Hodgson is a joke. But whatever, i'm glad I have one of the 2 playing for my team.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Hunt ahead of any of the blokes you mentioned is a joke. Hornby ahead of either one of Minichiello or Hodgson is a joke. O'davis ahead of Hodgson is a joke. But whatever, i'm glad I have one of the 2 playing for my team.

BB.

it's called an opinion.

I Would rather have Hunt than Mini, Hodgo.. Any old day of the week Mate.

if you prefer hodgo, well that's bloody fine with me too.

Why does my opnion on who I prefer bother you. ? :roll: :roll:

Anonymous

Juniors
I just don't see any evidence. Of course I would rather have hunt than anyone else - just because of his potential. As for who is performing better, stats will back me up that all those blokes are outperforming him at this stage of his career.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
I just don't see any evidence. Of course I would rather have hunt than anyone else - just because of his potential. As for who is performing better, stats will back me up that all those blokes are outperforming him at this stage of his career.

the question was who would u prefer. I would take hodgo and Mini..but not if i could take hornby and hunt.

Hornby is not flashy. He gets the job done, organises the defensive line, and bobs up all day, and does his job in attack and defence.

he rarely makes a mistake, and thats what you want from a fullback.

Im happy, so are you, what's the problem. ? My Opinion ?