What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minichiello vs Hodgson

Who is a better fullback?

• Brett Hodgson

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ledzep

Bench
I would rather Hodgson.
He does stuff with the ball that Minichiello can't do.
He also puts his body on the line far more than Minichiello

Earl

Coach
Stgillaman said:
Lockyear, Hunt, Hornby, Minichello, O Davis, Hodgson..

Thats how i rate them, but does it really matter, Hodgo does some things better than Mini, and others, but is not a better Ball Runner, or Tackle buster, or defensively he is nowhere near Mini.

Out of these 2, I voted.. Mini..

But if we were voting on parts of the game, Maybe Hodgo.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You f**ken idiot :lol: :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
kia ora storm said:
Neither are the best running around...ever heard of a player called Billy Slater ??.

:roll:

Defence isnt good enough and he makes too many mistakes.

Hodgson and Mini are as safe as a house at the back. Slater isnt.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Raiders 2004 said:
I believe that these two are currently the two best fullbacks running around.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funniest thread of the week. :clap: #-o Minichello is miles ahead of this "hodgson" fellow you speak of. :D

Explain.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
kia ora storm said:
Hodgson..defensively strong...wrong !!. :mrgreen:

He isnt defensively strong, but his defence is quite good for his size. Watch the game last night for some fine examples of a fullback saving tries.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Hunt ahead of any of the blokes you mentioned is a joke. Hornby ahead of either one of Minichiello or Hodgson is a joke. O'davis ahead of Hodgson is a joke. But whatever, i'm glad I have one of the 2 playing for my team.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Hornby ran ring around Hodgson twice this year 50-0 and 39-10 :lol: Maybe he just got scared. ;-)

SaintTPP

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
kia ora storm said:
Neither are the best running around...ever heard of a player called Billy Slater ??.

Defence isnt good enough and he makes too many mistakes.

Hodgson and Mini are as safe as a house at the back. Slater isnt.
No offence, but he didn't look too safe when saints played them.....

tiger_nick

Bench

Hodgson didnt have a chance, he played behind a pack that was smashed from pillar to post. In the 39-10 loss he still scored two great indivdual tries. Yes in the 50-0 he was terrible, so was everybody esle.

Hornby is a solid fullback playing behind a top team. If Hornby and Hodgson swapped teams it would be more obvious who the better player was. Hornby would do nothing for the Tigers.

rabs

Staff member
Hodgson has too many "tentative" moments to rate highly for me, while Minichello alwasy goes in hard

salivor

First Grade
After a couple of average years with the Eels I've been really impressed with Hodgson of late. Minichiello on the other hand has been down on form and while being a great runner of the ball probably isn't quite the complete player that Hodgson is.

Hodgson by a hair but the standard of fullbacks that are around at the moment is amazing.

I actually agree with Stgillaman.

If we're talking about who we'd pick right now, I'd go Hunt too. Just because he's only 17, yet he plays like Lockyer. He chimes in with attacking plays, he has an amazing step and he oozes confidence. This kid will be the best player in the world within the next decade. You have to pick him because he has so much upside.

But if we're talking about on form at the moment, I'd take Mini. Hodgo is good, but he gets monstered in every tackle, where as Mini can break about a thousand tackles and he makes more metres. Yes Hodgo has been very impressive, but you gotta go with Mini.

Red Bear

Referee
But Hunt and Slater both tackle like 3 year olkd girls(no offence to any 3 year old girls out here). Neither Hodgson or Minichello are the greatest defenders but they are definately better than either Slater or Hunt. Hunt should learn how to tackle rather than trying to step everyone. Hornby isnt that great a player, he's good defensively and backing up but his kick returns need a huge amount of improvement.

_A_J_Gray_

Juniors
Lockyer
Minichello
Hodgson
Hornby
Patten
Hunt
Slater
Wesser
Schifcofske
O'Davis

Gee There is a lot of top fullbacks isnt there?

Latest posts