What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Miss Tackle of 2010

Big Pete

Referee
^Feh, who hasn't smashed Dave Taylor? Besides not as if Dugan had to do much, present a road block and use all your momentum to nudge Taylor 2 metres down the left.

Taylor didn't learn however...Dugan did it again right on the buzzer.

Didgi, I'm not sure if that's the one kbw was referring to (you probably knew that) and honestly he could've done a lot worse, at least he prevented his momentum and allowed Hodges time to round him up.

He's had some ordinary ones Karmichael though, a few in that Storm game (50-4 2005) were absolute shockers, King just acted as if nobody was there. Then there was one were Barrett made him look like a grandpa at Suncorp.

Billythekid

First Grade
No doubt it wasn't the best attempt from Slater but people are making out like that is indicative of his whole career defensively.

Slater is a damn good defender and one poor attempt at a tackle doesn't change that.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I am not a Slater fan but why all the hate?

Dugan is much bigger and did less, Gidley was tackling a player coming at him, good tackle but the speed of that player looked a lot slower. Give Slater a break, not his best but not as bad as other attempts.

Didgi

Didgi, I'm not sure if that's the one kbw was referring to (you probably knew that) and honestly he could've done a lot worse, at least he prevented his momentum and allowed Hodges time to round him up.

He's had some ordinary ones Karmichael though, a few in that Storm game (50-4 2005) were absolute shockers, King just acted as if nobody was there. Then there was one were Barrett made him look like a grandpa at Suncorp.

Yeah, I knew he wasn't talking about that one. That was just one I remembered and could find on youtube.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I'm thinking Miss Tackle of 2010 would look more like this:
images

Surely there's a better looking Miss Tackle than her...
fishing-babes.jpg

kbw

Bench

No that was a funny won though, I can hear the Ch9 idiots dribbling with excitement about cuties wonderous shoulder charge.

I can't remember when the game was (except it was in brisbane) where he actually ran away to avoid the tackle.

He was one of the worst fullbacks positionally I have ever seen