What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing threads

A GB vs NZ thread went missing around 6:00 am just before half time and innsaneink's Aus vs France thread disappeared as well. What's going on here?

innsaneink

Referee
The Aus -france ones in international forum, I suspect the GB -NZ one was wiped as it didnt contain 'spoiler' in the title....I may be wrong tho.

innsaneink

Referee
You'd think so, though I think only admin can edit posts and titles, mods can only move or delete altogether??????

Misanthrope

Staff member
No, we can do all of that and more. I don't know what happened to it, but I'd venture it was merged with another thread. I can't see any deleted ones.

nah, it just disappeared. I didn't see any new thread having new posts added to it. There were about 20 posts in that one when i clicked on it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it hasn't been deleted, that we can see (we can see if they have been deleted)

its just disappeared into cyberspace by the looks of it

tex

Juniors
Why do we need to use the word spoiler? Surely anyone who doesn't want to know the result would be well advised to stay away from a rugby league forum, and more specifically, a "Tri Nations" sub forum. I don't understand the need for secrecy.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its an "unwritten rule" we have, and a bit of common courtesy

some people choose to record it and watch it later, as with any NRL game

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Apart from that its the polite thing to do Tex.

Thunderstruck, I'm not sure what these missing threads are.

We don't delete spoliers as a rule. As mentioned, it would be edited to indicate it is a spoiler.

It may have been merged. If a thread was soft deleted, Admin can see it. I can't see anywhere. It takes extra effort to hard delete it so that's unlikely.

In summary, its a mystery to me. I can look up the Mod logs but that's extra work which takes time. If it is important enough, I'll do that.

The missing thread was one titled GB vs NZ for that game last week. The Aus vs France was apparently moved to the International forum but the other one just went nice person.

As I said, there were 20 posts when I saw the thread at 6 am sunday and clicked on it only to see a page saying I've clicekd on an invalid thread.

Not that I care about it anymore since.

roopy

Referee
A few threads were merged because we had active threads on the same subject - and a few were moved to more appropriate forums (international) because they weren't about tri nations.
I moved the threads.
I don't know who merged the threads - but it was the right thing to do IMO.

Latest posts