What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

evil_p091280

Juniors
If this bloke is the future 4-5 years of NSW halfback then I sense a qld ten-peat on the way...

Hopeless. Creates nothing.

Walsh, Wallace, and Hornby (though retired from rep) are all far better.

Hell, even Mortimer is better and he was just dumped as eels half.

mrpwnd

Bench
Pearce just isn't a good organiser as well as a 1st reciever.
He plays well when he comes as 2nd reciever as a support halfback with less pressure although i see very little talent in him overall.
If NSW keep him, then they'd need a fast thinking organised 5/8 like Soward to take over all the attacking direction.

Jason Maher

Immortal
He needed to tell Barrett to f**k off and stop hogging the ball. I also was very impressed with his defence, even moreso than I was with Kimmorley's in game 1 (and that is the only thing that has ever impressed me about Kimmorley in Origin). Pair Pearce up with a decent 5/8 (my pick would be Sutton) and give them a chance to form a combination. Should have happened this year, but you can't uncrack an egg.

perverse

Referee
yes, Pearce's defence was very impressive for mine. he doesnt mind making tackles.

adamkungl

Immortal
He needed to tell Barrett to f**k off and stop hogging the ball. I also was very impressed with his defence, even moreso than I was with Kimmorley's in game 1 (and that is the only thing that has ever impressed me about Kimmorley in Origin). Pair Pearce up with a decent 5/8 (my pick would be Sutton) and give them a chance to form a combination. Should have happened this year, but you can't uncrack an egg.

Correct...the couple of times Pearce attacked close to the line we got a repeat set and an almost try (thanks Watmong).

He f**ked a couple of things up too, the kick for touch and the intercept at the end.

Other than that, did a lot of work, was in dummy half a lot coming out of our own half because Ennis is a f**king nuffy.

This thread is just a Dragons fan deflecting the barage of criticism that is yet again heading towards their players. Have a f**king cry. Chokers.

mrpwnd

Bench
Correct...the couple of times Pearce attacked close to the line we got a repeat set and an almost try (thanks Watmong).

He f**ked a couple of things up too, the kick for touch and the intercept at the end.

Other than that, did a lot of work, was in dummy half a lot coming out of our own half because Ennis is a f**king nuffy.

This thread is just a Dragons fan deflecting the barage of criticism that is yet again heading towards their players. Have a f**king cry. Chokers.
I can't find too much to fault Pearceys game, but I would like him to put in more grubbers through the line, way too much bombing in that game, although i'd credit Bellamy for that.

Gaba

First Grade
this is what i told everyone , pearce was out played by tim smith and still picked for state of origin.Pearce has never dominated any decent halfback in his career

Pearce is only a kicker and has no attack against good teams

nsw will never win while pearce is at halfback

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
In all honesty, he's a very capable and reliable halfback, it's the style of play that Bellamy coaches.

Get a coach in there who coaches attacking style of football and you will see Pearce have a completely different game plan and much better performances.

I don't think he was that bad really, i'd stick with him purely because the other available options are no better than him.

Gaba

First Grade
In all honesty, he's a very capable and reliable halfback, it's the style of play that Bellamy coaches.

Get a coach in there who coaches attacking style of football and you will see Pearce have a completely different game plan and much better performances.

I don't think he was that bad really, i'd stick with him purely because the other available options are no better than him.

You are right it shows how poor nsw are in halfbacks, if they have no choice in sticking with pearce

i thought he may have changed under brain smith but he hasnt, he is still the same against good defensive teams , he only kicks in attack, thats all he got he will never be a game breaker.

Last edited:

The Brain

Juniors
I dont think Pearce's game is complimented by Barrets.
Barret was mostly receiving first but not as much as the second game.
Pearce was average at best last night.
I do remember there for a while Johnathon Thurston been useless in his first couple of years while he was blitzing in the NRL.
The team has gotta click as a whole for anyone to look good.
Ennis once again gets baited by Queensland -this guy lacks composure and respect for his team they should f**k him off first-his dummy half passes are too slow for Origin -watch and take notice Queensland are onto the ball as soon as he gets rid of it.
Kidley has been bad - to average in SOO but came to life last night best player on the field with Leroy Lars
I expect Gidley to Partner Pearce next year.

evil_p091280

Juniors

Or it's a thread about an overhyped nuffie who if his last name was Smith (no relation to Cameron) he would be a first grader at best.

But fine, if you want to just blame the dragons then go right ahead, no skin off my nose. I just call it as I see it.

Didgi

Hornby or Wallace? :lol: Way to go mate.

When Barrett f**ks off and Pearce gets a chance to do something other than tackle, you'll se what he can really do.

anjado

Juniors
I think this years finals series will be a key indicator to who should be in the halves

Walsh,Graham,Soward,Sutton,Bird,Hodgkinson,Pearce,Carney,Wallace,Mortimer,Keating and Mullen

most of them should be there come finals time, We should see which halves handle the pressure best and the ones who do should be NSW halves. Let's see who can do it in a big game.

gregstar

Referee
here's the problem - no loyalty & no acceptance of reality.

1) queensland are a class above & comfortably so.

2) the selectors need to stick with a cadre of players for an extended period of time regardless.

the blues were highly competitive against the all-time great qld side. why ditch pearce? because at his very young age & low experience he was unable to orchestrate a victory against possibly the greatest team in history?

the groundwork for queensland's current dominance lay obviously with the existence of talent. but also, the hard yards were made in '03, '04 & '05 by not panicking after every loss.

some need to get a firm grip on reality instead of their trouser snake.

Didgi

this is what i told everyone , pearce was out played by tim smith and still picked for state of origin.Pearce has never dominated any decent halfback in his career

Pearce is only a kicker and has no attack against good teams

nsw will never win while pearce is at halfback

No one will ever take anything you say about Pearce seriously.

Thinking about it, maybe I'm being too specific there.

legend

Coach
Pearce needs Carney or NSW needs another half but Carney is ready and can run to the line or pass when needed.

I personally think Pearce is nowhere near Origin standard but for NSW, I'm not sure who is.

We are bereft of quality halves and hookers.