What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

mrpwnd

Bench
Can i just say, i am still in utter disbelief that Mitchell Pearce was given the no. 7 over Luke Walsh.
Someone explain what points could have caused Pearce to be seen as better other than the fact that hes 2-3 years younger.
Anyone watching the season so far would see that Walsh in his current form really outdoes Pearce, heck i'm neither a Panthers nor a Roosters fan.
Someone please prove me wrong in regards to Walsh and Pearce.

chrisD

Coach
No-one needs to prove you wrong, it's obvious to anyone who has watched Roosters and Panthers games this season and it's why you're alone on this.

Noname36

First Grade
Walsh would get absolutely destroyed in origin.

He's going well now at Penrith because he's getting a really good forward platform to work off. I understand that Walsh and Soward are both skillful players, but they would get absolutely murdered in origin if the forwards don't lay a fantastic platform.

Pearce may not be as skillful at this stage, but he's 10 times tougher.

chrisD

Coach
Walsh is not comparable to Soward in skill. In fact Pearce is not comparable to Soward in skill. Soward would be about the same liability in Origin as Thurston and should be there based on his attacking play.

Doomednow

Bench
Keep Pearce, put Soward in. I'm not sold that Walsh is ready for origin.

However the argument that both Soward and Walsh only shine because of their forward pack is moot. Just give them a solid forward pack - problem solved. Ok not exactly as easy as it sounds maybe, nut definitely not unachieveable. We already had some excellent achievement from some of the guys in game III

Frailty

First Grade
Pearce has not performed in any origin game, and he has gone missing in every single game he has played.

If only they gifted Wallace that many games... Too bad his dad didn't play Football.

RHCP

Bench
Wallace has played 4 Origin games which he was mediocre in, Pearce has played 3.

So, using simple mathematics, we can deduce Peter Wallace has had more chances to perform at Origin than Mitchell Pearce.

If you're going to try and make a stupid argument, at least don't use false facts.

Frailty

First Grade
Wallace has played 4 Origin games which he was mediocre in, Pearce has played 3.

So, using simple mathematics, we can deduce Peter Wallace has had more chances to perform at Origin than Mitchell Pearce.

If you're going to try and make a stupid argument, at least don't use false facts.

Based on performance at Origin, Wallace was a lot better than Pearce.. At least Wallace got involved.

RHCP

Bench
Based on performance at Origin, Wallace was a lot better than Pearce.. At least Wallace got involved.
He had plenty of chances to stamp his name on that number 7 jersey and couldn't do it.

Barrett totally dominated Pearce in Games 2 & 3 this year. Mitchell deserves at least one more shot to show he's up to it without a five-eighth calling the shots.

mrpwnd

Bench
Wallace got involved
And he just sucked.
You wanna know what he did for NSW in origin?
Heres a hint, zero, zilch, 0 w/e you wanna call it.
He plays good at the broncos because he's continually sucking Lockyers left nut.

mongoose

Coach
Hmm not sure about Pearce. Potentially he is probably the best halfback nsw have but he didnt show anything in his 2 games this year. Atleast he's a strong defender.

I still think Soward should get a run.

Grishnakh

Juniors
Pearce is too slow for my taste. I'd love to see a lightning quick halfback to really worry QLD, but if we're not going to see that (who is there fast and good enough?) I wouldn't mind seeing Carney get a run. He might bring out something in Pearce that we've not seen for NSW. Throw in Farah, with Pearce and Carney combining like they do for the Roosters and we'd have some good kickers, some pace and some genuine creativity.

Latest posts