What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

perverse

Referee
i strongly doubt Pearce is as fast as Mullen... by both eyeballing them and also from seeing Mullo go 80m-100m more than once in his first grade career. Mullo could easily play in the centres or on the wing and not look out of place speed-wise.

having said that, i've never really seen Pearce with 100m of open air in front of him, either.

dunno where you got Walsh, Cronk and Sandow from though, timka. i'm not sure any of them has any particular amount of toe... and you've probably got one of the fastest halves at your very own club for comparison. lol.

timka4

Bench
i strongly doubt Pearce is as fast as Mullen... by both eyeballing them and also from seeing Mullo go 80m-100m more than once in his first grade career. Mullo could easily play in the centres or on the wing and not look out of place speed-wise.

having said that, i've never really seen Pearce with 100m of open air in front of him, either.

dunno where you got Walsh, Cronk and Sandow from though, timka. i'm not sure any of them has any particular amount of toe... and you've probably got one of the fastest halves at your very own club for comparison. lol.

Well Mullen probably is the fastest halfback, but I kinda took into account next year he will be playing 5/8 and he is a natural 5/8. I kinda didn't consider him in the "halfbacks" probably should have mentioned. Over 100m no, I wouldn't say Walsh.

I just judged my picks based on minor line breaks and acceleration I see in general play.

perverse

Referee
Well Mullen probably is the fastest halfback, but I kinda took into account next year he will be playing 5/8 and he is a natural 5/8. I kinda didn't consider him in the "halfbacks" probably should have mentioned. Over 100m no, I wouldn't say Walsh.

I just judged my picks based on minor line breaks and acceleration I see in general play.
i don't think Mullen playing 5/8th is anything even close to a sure thing next year. Beau Henry is as much a halfback OR 5/8th as Mullen is... except Mullen has far more experience at NRL level as a #7 than Beau (obviously).

i think it's an even money bet for which of them will play in the 6 or 7.

Grishnakh

Juniors
I've seen Carney run 60 metres plus on numerous occasions but can't think of any times that Pearce has done it (Roosters fans might correct me). I have, however, seen Pearce do lots of cool tricksy things that didn't involve a great deal of pace...but not yet for NSW. Carney might help him get that back and would otherwise provide the pace. Throw in Farah and that's a scrumbase and dummy half that NSW can build around for years.

The last time i remember was vs panthers in 2007 where he ran most of the field to score on the buzzer with wallace chasing i think...

Yosh

Coach
Mullen slowed down alot imo this year. He got run down a couple of times in the last week and looks like he is preparing himself to get run down. Previous seasons he would have pinned his years back and just backed himself but he hasn't really done that this year.

timka4

Bench
i don't think Mullen playing 5/8th is anything even close to a sure thing next year. Beau Henry is as much a halfback OR 5/8th as Mullen is... except Mullen has far more experience at NRL level as a #7 than Beau (obviously).

i think it's an even money bet for which of them will play in the 6 or 7.

You may be right, I would hope to see Henry develop into a half back though, Mullen is soo much better in the number 6 and wider of the ruck. Although the past month he is coming good into the number 7 jersey again. But for mine he is too inconsistent as a halfback, bit like Benji. Anyways back to Pearce...

Gaba

First Grade
pearce is the only halfback who tim smith has dominated against, Shows how poor NSW is in the halfback area when they cant get a halfback up to nrl standards.

Last edited:

BeeeeeRad

Juniors
Gaba, give it up mate. It wasn't funny 2008, and it's still not funny now in 2010 after the 1000th time.

Gaba

First Grade
Gaba, give it up mate. It wasn't funny 2008, and it's still not funny now in 2010 after the 1000th time.
the point im making the selectors claim they wont pick soward because they are waiting for him to perform in the finals.

Pearce has not perform when the pressure is on him either, he has gone missing in every state of origin game he played.

The roosters did nothing in the finals in 2008 back to back loses , pearce went missing and yet still picked for origin.

So the selectors are the ones who are at fault they contradicted themselves

Its not really a go at pearce , its just how poor of state nsw is in.

They will never justify thier decisions

And people continue to say give pearce a chance , he been in the nrl for over 3.5 years now and still hasnt learn anything in attack against the good teams other then kicking.

How many more chances , Pearce isnt up to state of origin just forget him.

Last edited:

evil_p091280

Juniors
Don't worry gaba, you make perfect sense.

Selectors will always make excuses why they don't pick people (eg. Can't tackle, can't kick, etc)

Yet when they want someone in the team the same rules don't apply.

It's called an agenda, and nsw selectors have far too many.

Latest posts