What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

I have been a fan of Mitchell, but my patience is running out. That was his 3rd decider and he has been very poor in all 3.

Wayne Pearce is a NSW legend, and is the only man to captain and coach the blues to a clean sweep. He may also be a Queensland legend because he didn't use a condom.

loooooool i'm gonna sig this shiit

Last edited:
I also like the way that after Puss has kicked the ball into QLD hands, one of the other Blues players gestures to the ref;

"Ref!! One of our guys f**ked-up. Blow us a penalty! " :lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
I was delerious with fever and barely conscious watching that game, even I could see the overlap and had the clarity to yell out "through the hands Pearce you useless merkin!"

That was the single most embarrasing play i have seen fron an origin player. Simply pathetic lack of vision and skill

Bag Pearce all you want (and he's been ordinary in almost every game he's played for NSW), but it's not like there's any amazing halves missing out because of him. He's held the jersey down simply because nobody else has stood up. If Reynolds continues to develop into a class halfback next year, he will take Pearce's spot. You really can't drop a guy unless the person you replace him with is really stepping up and demanding selection and no one has really been doing that.

Bag Pearce all you want (and he's been ordinary in almost every game he's played for NSW), but it's not like there's any amazing halves missing out because of him. He's held the jersey down simply because nobody else has stood up. If Reynolds continues to develop into a class halfback next year, he will take Pearce's spot. You really can't drop a guy unless the person you replace him with is really stepping up and demanding selection and no one has really been doing that.

I just see that attitude(an attitude espoused by Joker's Wild amongst others when the subject of Shitfull Pus arises) as similar to taking your car to a mechanic saying "There is something wrong with my brakes. They don't work". If you went back to the mechanic and he said that they are fine and don't need changing, would you think that he had all of his marbles? That's the situation that NSW is in via Pearce, but more to the point by his selection to the NSW Origin team. People who see what everyone else sees saying "We don't have any other choice." Well fine, don't fix the brakes. However don't think that the thing which doesn't work at the moment that it is required to work, will magically rectify it's deficiencies and perform the function that it is unable to carry-out.

This is a fellow who has been selected to be the halfback for the deciding games in 2008 and 2010 as well as being the sole halfback for the 2011, 2012 and 2013 series. We all know how well he performed in ALL of those deciding games. He has been an absolute boon for QLD and years from now when the dust settles and this current QLD dominance is analysed his selection will be acknowledged as being crucial to QLD's winning streak due to the consistency of his mediocrity at this level.

Still people say "Who else can we use?"

Well the obvious answer is take a hard look and give someone the chance because all that Puss is going to deliver is shite.

Mr Saab

Referee
Do what you always do and you will get what you always get.
Please Bozo and Loz...give Mitchell another chance as he is a good bloke and tries hard. Don't worry about execution.....that will come when he is about 30

Geohood

Bench
He's back to his usual self tonight at club level. I'll be happy for him to concentrate on the Roosters next year. Fk origin.

Also shows his character when he could of just about necked himself the past couple of days but is on fire at his next opportunity to play.

I think that even more of a worry than Pearce's selection this year was the two pronouncements from Laurie Daley, the man who is at the steering wheel of NSW for the foreseeable future.

Before a whistle had been blown for the commencement of the 2013 season Daley announced that Pearce was the only person who was in the consideration for the halfback jersey.

Really now. Consider that statement for a moment because it begs consideration due to the leading position that Daley holds in relation to the fortunes of the NSW Blues. What Daley was saying in reality was: No matter how well anybody performs in the lead-up to Origin they will not be considered for the Blues because we only want Pearce.

Does that inspire confidence in the man with the steering wheel in his hands? It shouldn't because it smacks of an agenda which sees winning Origin as secondary to the politics of personality. It smacks of an Inner Circle which sees losing 2008 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 as acceptable, so long as their Golden Child gets to ascend the throne and thereby cement an Origin Dynasty by assuming the Title held by his extremely talented and likeable Father.

In all three Games this year Poos was deplorable. Despite this Daley boldly announced prior to the decider that win or lose Pearce would be selected to play Origin in 2014. After the shellacking of Game 3,and it was a shellacking because NSW had sufficient opportunity to score 30 points but didn't, Daley could have reviewed the evidence and decided otherwise, but no, after the loss Daley defends Pearce saying "I have been a big supporter of Mitch and always will be. But when things go wrong he is the guy to always cop it for whatever reason.*" For whatever reason. That essentially says: I didn't see anything which needed fixing so I don't understand what the criticism is.

This from the guy with the steering wheel in his hands.

Truly, if I was a NSW supporter I'd be furious. Absolutely ropable. Ropable because there is an agenda at play which is along the lines of a personality cult dedicated to Wayne Pearce. A personality cult which basically has the attitude that it is quite acceptable for NSW to lose for many years merely so that an underdone upstart can have a 'C' placed next to his name and do press conferences eventually. How do you know that they haven't got plans for this twat to become the NSW coach also eventually? Daddy Pearce held that position also.

What the NSW fans have to open their eyes to is that they don't care how hopeless this guy is: They will HAVE HIM THERE no matter WHAT happens. That is the truly scary scenario which is taking place behind the curtains and it is totally irrational.

* http://www.nrl.com/coach-daley-rues-blues-lack-of-execution/tabid/10874/newsid/73520/default.aspx

Actually, the title of that article that I linked in the above post is quite ironic:

Coach Daley rues Blues' lack of execution

Well he rues the lack of execution of everybody except for Blissfull Tears.

Cliffhanger

Coach
He's back to his usual self tonight at club level. I'll be happy for him to concentrate on the Roosters next year. Fk origin.

Also shows his character when he could of just about necked himself the past couple of days but is on fire at his next opportunity to play.

One thing I have always liked about Pearce is his mental toughness. One of the defining traits of an athlete who is mentally tough is their ability to move on from failure.

He may not be remembered for much good at an Origin level but he just may well be added to the list of Premiership winning halfbacks this season.

adamkungl

Immortal
Is anyone reading Record Breaking Maroons posts?

Anyway, second NRL MOTM in a row for Pearce. Great game tonight, 3 try assists and perfect kicking game. Bring on the finals

The Chooks(who are vastly more than Mouthfull Piss) are playing really well this year. Scoring 40 points against the Sharks tonight tells you more about the Sharks crappy defence. They obviously threw the towel in and gave-up.

Shitfull might play well for the Chookies this year, but as an Origin half....

Attachments

• screen-shot-2012-05-23-at-1-18-30-am.jpg
    screen-shot-2012-05-23-at-1-18-30-am.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 13

Jason Maher

Immortal
Is anyone reading Record Breaking Maroons posts?

Anyway, second NRL MOTM in a row for Pearce. Great game tonight, 3 try assists and perfect kicking game. Bring on the finals

I'm pretty sure he reads them himself many times over so he can congratulate himself for being so damned clever.

As for Pearce, he obviously knows what to do at NRL level. Why does he f**king forget it as soon as he dons sky blue? Useless merkin.

bellyache

Bench
I'm pretty sure he reads them himself many times over so he can congratulate himself for being so damned clever.

As for Pearce, he obviously knows what to do at NRL level. Why does he f**king forget it as soon as he dons sky blue? Useless merkin.
When NSW pick the Roosters pack for our halves to play behind we will win...

hugzy

Juniors
I also like the way that after Puss has kicked the ball into QLD hands, one of the other Blues players gestures to the ref;

"Ref!! One of our guys f**ked-up. Blow us a penalty! " :lol:

Hahaha its gotten to the stage where its so sad u just have to laugh

Watching.him "dominate" behind an insane pack of forwards is so sick

chigurh

lol - see you at suncorp for game 1 next year, pearce

Ricky Stuart: Stop eating our own
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...p-eating-our-own/story-fni3fh9n-1226682454815

When asked after the game what was the one thing he believed NSW have done wrong throughout his time in Origin, Cameron Smith said he couldn't believe how the Blues kept expecting to win when they kept turning up with new combinations.

Pearce didn't have his best game in Origin, but the first thing he should have woken up to on Thursday morning was messages from 16 others saying thanks for taking the heat off us.

Because I watched that game like a lot of others and I know nobody tried harder. And I didn't see him miss any tackles that led to tries.

Blaming Pearce is simply camouflaging other areas where we failed to aim up on Wednesday night.

The worst thing we can do is to look for cheap excuses.

Blaming Mitch Pearce is a cheap excuse. It's grossly unfair.

I said after game one that we needed to step up another gear for game two because Queensland were going to be better.

Queensland were better in Brisbane, but we were not.

We needed to do that again for game three, when it was all on the line, and we failed again. We didn't step up.

We played almost like there was an assumption it would be there rather than rebuilding what we needed and let go of the opportunity we had.

I could be a mile wrong here, but I don't know how much some of the debutants and less experienced players understand what Origin is about. We need stability, not just with the selections but with our attitudes and behaviours in camp.

At various points throughout the past 30 years we have lost our way in regard to preparation and attitude in Origin, but we've always found our way back.

Over time, we have come to understand what works and what doesn't work and the preparation for the entire time in camp, from the early days when we're far more relaxed to the build-up days before the game, is done because we know this is what works best.

Everything is deliberate in Origin, and can be justified - and Pearce is no different.

He is the best halfback in NSW right now, no doubt.

A lot of people forget that. His crime for many, it seems, is that he is not a Johnathan Thurston or a Darren Lockyer, but is that his fault?

There isn't a player who tries harder.

And while the critics call for Reynolds to replace him, nobody has stopped to think about the pressure that would put on him next year.

In his Origin debut, most of the state believing he is the magic formula, every move under the microscope and against one of the greatest football teams ever.

I'm not here to say Reynolds would not be able to handle it, just that it's a lot of expectation to put on a kid.

What happens if Reynolds has a quiet game? Do we eat him as well? Throw him out because he didn't provide the immediate solution?

With due respect, he is not Thurston yet. Anybody who believes he is going to be the saviour in his first game has no idea about Origin.

Latest posts