What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

DiegoNT

First Grade
Peter Sterling
Steve mortimer
Ricky Stuart
Geoff Toovey
Terry lamb
Cliff Lyons
David Gillespie
Paul Sironen
Bradley Clyde
Trent Barrett
Mark Caroll
Ryan Girdler
Shaun Timmins
Craig Fitzgibbon
Craig Wing
Anthony minichiello
Luke Bailey
Andrew Ryan
Kerry Boustead
Chris Close
Greg Dowling
Sam backo
Micheal Hancock
Kerrod Walters
Steve Walters
Brett Dallas
Robbie O'davis
Wayne Bartrim
Wendell Sailor
Brad Thorn
Matt Rogers
Chris Mckenna
Lote Tuquri
Carl Webb
Shaun Berrigan
Micheal Crocker
Matt Bowen
Willie Tonga
Corey Parker
Ashley Harrison
Dallas Johnson
Jacob Lillyman
Ben Hannant
Matt gilett
Ben teo

Pearce has played 15 origins. All these players named have played 15 or less, so tell me again how he hasn't had enough chances

DiegoNT

First Grade
To be fair to Mitchell, name a single decent front row forward for NSW he's played behind in all his SOO games.

2013- he had Gallen woods Tamou up front. Bird lock. Merrin fifita bench.

2014. Hodkinson had Tamou woods and gallen game 1. In game 2 Tamou went to the bench and bird at lock. He had trent merrin as the only middle forward on the bench in game 1 and Tamou joined him on the bench for game 2 and 3.

2015 he had woods Tamou Jackson game 1 gallen from game 2 and 3. With fifita on the bench for game 1 and klemmer merrin all series.

POPEYE

Coach
Losers like to forget how close games have been in Origin a lot of the time, still, NSW can go f**k themselves again if Maloney is not regarded as the main man . . . Pearce would be good enough to be his offsider

gUt

Coach
What would be your definition of failure?

2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

What would be your definition of failure?

The useless kicks he puts in at the end of the set, the repeated failure to force line drop outs (even went an entire series without forcing a single drop out! What a feat!), his pathetic runs that he goes on where he just gets smashed but the what would be an even better definition is the bit of gem we have bellow - blowing a 5 on 3 overlap which would have won them the series.

To be fair to Mitchell, name a single decent front row forward for NSW he's played behind in all his SOO games.

2011 - The packs were even besides one game where Paul Gallen delivered one of the greatest performances by a frontrower.

2012 - Tamou and Grant dominated the Queensland forward pack

2013 - Our forwards out played theirs again.

2015 - Klemmer destroyed QLD in games 1 & 2.

TheFrog

Coach
In that time he has excelled in the NRL.

His team ran 15th last year. Ahead of only Newcastle, perhaps the worst side of the NRL era, and certainly the worst side this century. You do not excel in a team that runs second last beating only the worst side this century. That goes for Cordner and Ferguson as well.

Tommy Smith

Referee
His team ran 15th last year. Ahead of only Newcastle, perhaps the worst side of the NRL era, and certainly the worst side this century. You do not excel in a team that runs second last beating only the worst side this century. That goes for Cordner and Ferguson as well.
Cordner and Pearce missed half the season, genius.

The bad half.

Deary me.

Valheru

Coach
The useless kicks he puts in at the end of the set, the repeated failure to force line drop outs (even went an entire series without forcing a single drop out! What a feat!), his pathetic runs that he goes on where he just gets smashed but the what would be an even better definition is the bit of gem we have bellow - blowing a 5 on 3 overlap which would have won them the series.

So if he doesn't do those things you will call it a success?

I get the feeling that whether we win 3-0, lose 3-0 or anything else in between, there is absolutely no circumstance where you will not call it a failure.

Valheru

Coach

lol that is rich coming from someone who wants Matt Moylan in the team.

Is he not part of a team that has won 2 from 9 after being premiership favourites, beating only Newcastle (as you say one of the worst teams ever) and the tigers who we know have had their issues?

Tell me how you can excel in a team like that and unlike Pearce, Moylan has actually been there for the whole season with no injury crisis.

MKCS

Juniors

Mate, what a stupid comment.

The first 10 weeks of the season were spent without Pearce, without Cordner, without JWH and with a rookie fullback who has potential but was not yet ready for the NRL. At one point our spine was Latrell Mitchell, Jayden Nikorima, Jackson Hastings and Jake Friend. 1, 6 and 7 had less than 20 games between them leaving Friend to try and control everything.

This year his team runs 5th and is considered one of the favourites for the Grand Final this year by the media.

TheFrog

Coach
This year his team runs 5th and is considered one of the favourites for the Grand Final this year by the media.
They've got no chance of making the GF. Will barely scrape into the 8. The media are the reason we're going to have to watch Pearce make a goose of himself in Origin yet again.

Cordner is quality, but he should not be captain at this stage.

lockyno1

Post Whore
NSW are always good for a good laugh...

Moylan plays 6 last game, NSW win...

Nope...not good enough...

Bring Myth back...

Not Moylan's fault his club coach is horrible and won't play him at 6!

So if he doesn't do those things you will call it a success?

I get the feeling that whether we win 3-0, lose 3-0 or anything else in between, there is absolutely no circumstance where you will not call it a failure.

No, doing the opposite of all that would be what I call a success.

If you look back to my posts from a few years ago, you'd know that I was actually someone who supported Pearce's inclusion into the team even when others had already wanted him gone. His failure in that 2013 series was the last straw for me, it was so obvious that the guy just isn't good enough.

Latest posts