What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Sargent sacked for cocaine !!!!!

fish eel

Immortal
Hellsy said:
Take it from me.... it happens all the time. I have seen it.

I will obviously never name names but it happens

I'm not saying it doesnt happen. That would be silly and naive.

Anyone indulging in that behaviour is a fool. Unfortunately, they've all just seen Mitchell Sargent rewarded with a new contract for taking, not a recreational drug, but an ILLEGAL drug.

But your post stated that no club 'could' be drug free.

I would argue to my last breath that it would be possible for a club to be drug free, and would imagine that some clubs are in fact drug free.

Hellsy

Immortal
They probably are... but I know many that aren't currently, and even though they are f**kin morons for doing it, if the NRL doesn't test every player every week then they have a good chance at not getting caught... and testing is expensive, so I guess it is a matter of chance

stiffmeister

Bench
Time for an intelligent reply.

People smoke recreation drugs??? Big deal. Who doesn't drink alcohol here???. I bet most do. So get off your politically correct high horse & accept the fact that footballers are human too. Stop trying to show you are perfect people. Pfft

stiffmeister

Bench
fish eel said:
I'm not upset for him

If he is dumb enough to do that crap.

I mean seriously, do these footballers need to have their hands held and be baby sat?

Don't make me laugh Mr perfect. You posted shots of you drinking recreational beer in Germany, Remove the splinter from your eye first.

stiff-meister eel said:
Time for an intelligent reply.

People smoke recreation drugs??? Big deal. Who doesn't drink alcohol here???. I bet most do. So get off your politically correct high horse & accept the fact that footballers are human too. Stop trying to show you are perfect people. Pfft
we're not talking about a joint here stiffy last i heard cocaine was a hard drug and unlike alcohol illegal to everyone not just footballers

im not trying to draw and quarter the guy but i hope he knows just how bloody lucky he is to not be banned by the nrl and also be offered a contract by another club my memory's hazy but im sure craig field and kevin mcguiness got much heavier treatment for the same offence

fish eel

Immortal
I know better than to reply to Stiff....but what the hell.

Nobody had ever said, footy players cant drink.

Going out and getting p!ssed, thats their choice, but can they expect to be able to consistantly perform at their peak if they are trashing their bodies? I doubt it. If they want to get pissed mid season, perhaps they arent so professional? You can drink without getting drunk.

As for drugs, well, they're illegal for a reason. Anybody who wants to put that crap in their body is a fool. A sportsman, even more so. They are paid to be professional atheletes. That should involve them, being responsible and professional enough to look after their bodies.

Hellsy

Immortal
Agree Fish... but I still think he deserves a 2nd chance.
Footballers are faced with peer pressure from friends the same as what regular people are, they are no less vulnerable to temptation.
THe Knights will test him all the time and help him through his issues with drugs

fish eel

Immortal
I never said he didnt deserve a second chance.....

Bottom line for me, is that if guys are going to be ill disciplined, make poor choices etc off field, chances are they'll do it on the field as well