What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Sargent sacked for cocaine !!!!!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tank30, it might be an idea to look back in the last 3 or 4 pages to realise what prompted my reaction to the situation, It wasn't about Micthell or Stiff taking drugs..It was in response to Stiff saying that it's alright to take drugs in moderation after I had asked him whether he would encourage his children to take them.

James_Hardie

Juniors
On the topic of Mitch. He is a dumbo, i hate drugs and everything to do with them, but don't hang him out to dry as an axe murder. Lord knows he isn't the only person in rugby league or society taking cocaine. Of course that doesn't make it right, and he deserved to be sacked.

But someone is going to sign him up (because it was an inhouse test not a ASADA one), so can we make sure it is us! We signed Clinton Schif after getting in trouble at Sth QLD for rec drugs, and he turned it around. I'm sure Mitch can to.

Gronk

Staff member
James_Hardie said:
We signed Clinton Schif after getting in trouble at Sth QLD for rec drugs, and he turned it around. I'm sure Mitch can to.

Clinton got done for steroids actually J_H.

Hellsy

Immortal
Yeah true, and look where Clinton is now!
Captain of his club, and a very well respected man around town.

I sure wouldn't say no to him coming home to Parra, he could be closely monitored and tested frequently.... cause in reality anyway, cocaine isnt going to improve his onfield performance :LOL: :LOL: only hamper it!

The radio this morning tells me that it was a police tip off to the Cowbies that sparked their inhouse testing, so someone in the gen public or maybe on off duty cop has seen him and reported him

Gronk

Staff member
Actually I'm amazed that the Telecrap this morning didn't lead with the headline "EX EEL SACKED FOR DRUGS".

What a refreshing change. :sarcasm:

Hellsy

Immortal
:LOL: :LOL:
Spose cause he went to Melb after leaving us they didn't feel they could go back that far!
:LOL: :LOL:

Gronk

Staff member
Hellsy said:
The radio this morning tells me that it was a police tip off to the Cowbies that sparked their inhouse testing, so someone in the gen public or maybe on off duty cop has seen him and reported him

Apparently his mate is/was under investigation for supply by the Narcs. They tipped off the club that Sarg was a user. I assume they have evidence, maybe surveillance footage. Thats why he didn't ask for B sample and confessed without contest.

Hellsy

Immortal
Ahh.. that'd explain it!
The radio wasnt real informative

At least he admitted it, I hate it more-so when they lie and say the tests are wrong, when they admit it it is like they are asking for help. Shame the Cowboys wont be there to offer him that help, but that is their policy nonetheless

Stagger eel

Staff member
he is free to score another contract with another club because apparently he won't be handed the 2 year ban due to the fact it was an inhouse test conducted out of competition.

Hellsy

Immortal
Is that definate this morning?
Yesterday they said that if he did score a new contract the NRL may still not register him

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hellsy said:
Is that definate this morning?
Yesterday they said that if he did score a new contract the NRL may still not register him

yeah, it's been reported this morning that he won't be facing a ban and free to play next season, the NRL has not specifically said that they won't register the contract but imo...there may be clauses to his next contract which may mean that he may need to attend a drug summit or some kind of councelling for the NRL to allow the contract to go ahead.

Gronk

Staff member
eelavation said:
yeah, it's been reported this morning that he won't be facing a ban and free to play next season, the NRL has not specifically said that they won't register the contract but imo...there may be clauses to his next contract which may mean that he may need to attend a drug summit or some kind of councelling for the NRL to allow the contract to go ahead.

We must remember that the NRL have a soft stance on recreational drugs as opposed to preformance enhancing. Roy Masters recently did a piece on how the NRL were threatened to have their government funding pulled if they did not adopt a drug policy in line with the Governments. Accordingly they have fallen into line, but only test game day for rec drugs. So if a player (Frank Pritchard for example) was woken up at 5.00am on a Tuesday he would be tested for roids and EPO but not coke or dope.

Tank30

Juniors
eelavation said:
Tank30, it might be an idea to look back in the last 3 or 4 pages to realise what prompted my reaction to the situation, It wasn't about Micthell or Stiff taking drugs..It was in response to Stiff saying that it's alright to take drugs in moderation after I had asked him whether he would encourage his children to take them.

Fair call Eela...Sorry if I went off half cocked...

The whole role model thing just irks me...:)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tank30 said:
Fair call Eela...Sorry if I went off half cocked...

The whole role model thing just irks me...:)

yeah, I agree the whole role model thing is real grey area..

The Colonel

Immortal
I'd be happy to see Mitchell back in the B&G. Good kid and has developed quite nicely as a front rower. Has done a dickheaded idiotic thing but a lot of us do.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
intersetingly enough, Michael Hagan gave Milton Thaiday a second chance to re establish his career..so who knows???

fish eel

Immortal
Given the off field indiscretions of some of our players this year, I think it would be a pretty poor call to sign this bloke.