What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mixwell Cup draw - Wests query ....

mud n blood

Juniors
Questions were recently asked as to why Wests have 9 Friday night home games this season.

Let me tell you that the Darren Bell (CEO) told me last night that these are not set concrete. He hopes to arrange with both the second division and Wests 2nd division sides, and Wests juniors to play their home games before Colts and A grade on saturdays and sundays.

In his words .... "it's too ###### cold at night to play all our games then. I'm talking to both second division and Brisbane juniors at the moment to organise things, so expect our draw to change almost totally."

Anything else Matty ? :D

Sydney Carton

Juniors
How about a Brisbane-Irish 2nd Division Rugby Game as the curtain raiser?

Last year I was at a Qld Cup game and there were more supporters on field 2 watching the rugby.

Nah. Thanks mud for clearing that up.

Makes sense to play day games in the colder months of the year because it gets pretty cool at night in Brisbane.

BTW mud, are you going to tonight's trial games at Purtell Park?

dizi

Juniors
Do you think all the good players will be there like Van Dyke, Irvine and Lewis for Souths and Willis, Eacott for Wests?

dizi said:
Do you think all the good players will be there like Van Dyke, Irvine and Lewis for Souths and Willis, Eacott for Wests?

The Magpies premier grade side will be in Mitchell to face Broncowoomba so their 'good' players will most likely be there.

David Brent

Juniors
Colts: Wests 20 def Souths Logan 12
A Grade: Souths Logan 6 def Wests 4

Wests colts showed some classy glimpses as you'd expect, although SL definitely finished with the most momentum, scoring a couple of tries in the last quarter and rattling off some big shots.

A Grade was a very, very scrappy affair. Neither side showed much form with the footy, with balls going down constantly. To Wests credit, SL ran on two fresh sides - one first half/one second half - and defended well for long periods to restrict the opposition to just the one try. Standout for Wests was Nick Meyers, who showed he is Q Cup material with a strong, and surprisingly aggressive, performance in the middle.

dizi

Juniors
I wouldn't think the lighting at Wests is up to the required standard to play night games anyway.

Latest posts