What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mogg may ditch French deal to stay in Canberra

mitch

Juniors
From todays raiders article in the daily telegraph regarding mogg:

"However.Mogg is hoping to get out of his three-year contract with Super League club Les Catalans so that he can remain in Canberra".

So it looks like mogg wants to stay.

nickraider

Juniors
mitch said:
From todays raiders article in the daily telegraph regarding mogg:

"However.Mogg is hoping to get out of his three-year contract with Super League club Les Catalans so that he can remain in Canberra".

So it looks like mogg wants to stay.

Course he wants to stay. They've probably offered him another 100k a year now Schif has gone and there's nobody else left on the market!!!

jed

First Grade
Considering how his form has improved since he signed his last contract, I'd be happy with an extra 100K for him

Bay56

First Grade
jed said:
Considering how his form has improved since he signed his last contract, I'd be happy with an extra 100K for him

if he was on $50K I'd agree jedski but if he was on $150K I would not support an increase of that magnitude

hrundi99

First Grade
Bay56 said:
if he was on $50K I'd agree jedski but if he was on $150K I would not support an increase of that magnitude

Come on Bay, he's been solid and he's now an Origin player (by default or not). He deserves at least $200-250k.

Bay56

First Grade
hrundi99 said:
Come on Bay, he's been solid and he's now an Origin player (by default or not). He deserves at least $200-250k.

closer to $200K than $250K ..

agree he had a good couple of great games in Origin (esp game 3) and maybe with a more expansive style under Neil Henry we may see the real Mogg play a similar style

edabomb

First Grade
Given our roster for next season I see no problem in giving Mogg 250k. He will be one of the top five players on that side really, and we desperately need his experience in the backline. If we let him go there is no-one on the market anymore to replace him with (since Schif rorted us).

Mal Meninga

Bench
Mogg showed vs the Rorters that when the ball is spread and he has a little bit of space his footwork and deceptive quickness is awesome. He's really upped his level since Origin and you'd think if he keeps to form he'll be the winger for QLD next season. As Wesser, Bell and Inglis showed, putting fullbacks at wing isn't always the smooth transition.

Chachi

Bench
Yeah, I'm amazed how much he has improved since last season - especially defensively. If he announced he was leaving this time last year I'd be the happiest person here - but I'm more than happy to eat my words now.

All he needs to do now is work on setting up his winger more effectively IMO and he'll be a great asset if he stays. Maybe it's the arrival Henry that has made him reconsider?

legend

Coach
I think Mogg has done well in setting up his outside man this year and I couldn't ask for anymore from him this year to be honest. He has delivered in every way and is in the best form of his career.

Bay56

First Grade
On WIN news tonight Moggy said he will have an answer before the end of the week, possibly tomorrow.

He made it quite clear he was not happy about his proposed deal with the Raiders being made public ... if that is the case it sounds like management have f**ked up again.

Toots said he will make a decision in the next couple of weeks.

Bay56 said:
He made it quite clear he was not happy about his proposed deal with the Raiders being made public ... if that is the case it sounds like management have f**ked up again.

Yeah I saw that too on Channel 10.

That's seriously pretty fricking stupid by management.

Latest posts