What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moltzen is WEAK

Vicious

Bench
I have to agree it wasn`t one of Moltzen`s best games today, but he defended ok and he`ll only get better
as the season progresses.

Fordy20

Juniors
I thought he was the weakest link today. I don't like bagging a player after a big win, but he blew a few chances. Should be the first player to make way when we get a back back from injury. I'd rather Browny in the centres.

I prefer Brown at fullback or on the wing, simply because he contests the football. Obviously Brown is better on the wing when he has a centre willing to pass to him, but Moltzen at centre is significantly less of a drama than Moltzen at fullback. Plus with Lui's performance today, it's bit hard to argue for Moltzen in the halves.

super_coach

First Grade
He will get better, every week he is looking a little better. After having a year off than be forced to play a different role every week could not be easy. Give him a break

jasonl

Juniors
His confidence looks to be shot.

He grabs in defence rather than tackles and this will be a problem if Sheens wants to play him at centre.

Someone posted something about the CH try. Moltzen was very, very lucky there and that will be noticed.

Brown looks to be the goods and imo has not put a foot wrong this season. He ticks every box and is just going to get better. If Lawrence and Tiquiri come back as planned and if McKinnon stays fit it repesents an uptown problem but a problem nonetheless (Mckinnon was outstanding today - if you have the tape just watch the one handed touch in goal to defuse an excellent attacking grubber - a genuine sign of a confident, professional fullback. His pace gets questioned but hey, did Patten have pace? Did Hodgson? Nope).

Marshall's attack these days is very lateral (like a younger, faster and more talented Cliff Lyons). It means that his centers can score tries that would normally be reserved for wingers. Thus, Brown as a starting centre is not beyond the realms of possibility. With all hands available he would have to replace Ashford on the right hand side, but honestly, Ashford seems to be going down the road of Dean Collis - great potential but no real progress.

Meantime, Utai is without a doubt the buy of the season, Dwyer, Fifita and Woods look like developing into rep players, Payton should be given a gold watch and Moltzen and Ryan should be looking around for other clubs (they both have something to offer but not at this club at this time).

My two cents.

AngryAnnandale

Juniors
Agree with everything jasonl says, pretty spot on.

Big difference today was the kicking, robbie, lui and even benji kicking well. Lui and farah kicking the most as it should be.

Canberra were rubbish ..

Tigerm

First Grade
His confidence looks to be shot.

He grabs in defence rather than tackles and this will be a problem if Sheens wants to play him at centre.

Someone posted something about the CH try. Moltzen was very, very lucky there and that will be noticed.

Brown looks to be the goods and imo has not put a foot wrong this season. He ticks every box and is just going to get better. If Lawrence and Tiquiri come back as planned and if McKinnon stays fit it repesents an uptown problem but a problem nonetheless (Mckinnon was outstanding today - if you have the tape just watch the one handed touch in goal to defuse an excellent attacking grubber - a genuine sign of a confident, professional fullback. His pace gets questioned but hey, did Patten have pace? Did Hodgson? Nope).

Marshall's attack these days is very lateral (like a younger, faster and more talented Cliff Lyons). It means that his centers can score tries that would normally be reserved for wingers. Thus, Brown as a starting centre is not beyond the realms of possibility. With all hands available he would have to replace Ashford on the right hand side, but honestly, Ashford seems to be going down the road of Dean Collis - great potential but no real progress.

Meantime, Utai is without a doubt the buy of the season, Dwyer, Fifita and Woods look like developing into rep players, Payton should be given a gold watch and Moltzen and Ryan should be looking around for other clubs (they both have something to offer but not at this club at this time).

My two cents.

A good two cents worth, I think we can close the book on Utai, McKinnon & Lui not being an asset to the side (I thought Moltzen would knock Lui off, but not now). However, it is still a long season & I would not right Moltzen off yet, he does seem to be getting better each game. You would have to think, when Tiqiri comes back, Brown would move to the centres on form, so not sure why they wouldn't put him there now? Moltzen to be the backs sub.
Those young forwards are certainly doing the right things, that Woods is just so hard to tackle.
We seem to have the players, but it just comes down to an attitude thing?

N.C.

Juniors
REP SELECTION CHANGES TIM MOLTZEN’S VIEW
By Wayne Cousins

2/05/2011 5:40:50 PM

Being tagged a ‘utility’ was once dreaded by rugby league players. Tim Moltzen was the same. That was until he was handed his first representative jersey courtesy of the unwanted label.
Sitting on the team bus outside Canberra Stadium on Sunday night, Moltzen was shocked when his name was read out on the Country interchange bench to play City in Albury this Friday night.
The fact Moltzen can play wing, full-back, centre and half-back made him more than a valuable option for the Country selectors.
“I suppose I was more happy about the win over Canberra. Coming off a knee injury last year, this was the furthest thing from my mind,’’ Moltzen said.
“I’m very excited. It was a bit shock as I’ve just been trying to find my feet after such a long lay-off. But I will take it with both hands.
“Being a utility is something Tim (Sheens) has always talked about. I wasn’t too comfortable with it because I wanted to cement myself a starting position. I didn’t want to be tagged a utility player who kept swapping positions.
“I suppose when I look at it now, being a utility has turned out okay. "

00011947-image.jpg

The rep selection comes a year after Moltzen underwent a season ending knee reconstruction. It was a cruel blow for a young man who entered 2010 off the back of a rapid rise the season before.
“Injuries are a part of our job. There were times I was really down on myself,’’ he said.
“I’m on the other side of that now and making the Country team is just another positive to go with just being back playing footy.”
Moltzen is one of six Wests Tigers players involved in the match at Albury. Close mate and fellow ‘coastie’ in Chris Heighington will pull on the Country jersey too. The pair played their junior footy on the Central Coast.
Lining up for City will be Wests Tigers team-mates Robbie Farah, Keith Galloway, Simon Dwyer and Liam Fulton. Farah will captain the City side for the third consecutive time.
“You always wonder how you would go against the players you play with, so it will be interesting,’’ Moltzen said.
“It could be a good thing going into the match knowing how the boys play. I definitely don’t want to be standing in front of a charging Keith Galloway or Simon Dwyer for that matter.
“You see how players come back better for the experience of playing rep footy. Liam Fulton is now more of a confident player after the All Stars. It should be a great experience.”

http://www.weststigers.com.au/defau...itle=rep-selection-changes-tim-moltzen’s-view

Tigerm

First Grade
REP SELECTION CHANGES TIM MOLTZEN’S VIEW

By Wayne Cousins

2/05/2011 5:40:50 PM

Being tagged a ‘utility’ was once dreaded by rugby league players. Tim Moltzen was the same. That was until he was handed his first representative jersey courtesy of the unwanted label.
Sitting on the team bus outside Canberra Stadium on Sunday night, Moltzen was shocked when his name was read out on the Country interchange bench to play City in Albury this Friday night.
The fact Moltzen can play wing, full-back, centre and half-back made him more than a valuable option for the Country selectors.
“I suppose I was more happy about the win over Canberra. Coming off a knee injury last year, this was the furthest thing from my mind,’’ Moltzen said.
“I’m very excited. It was a bit shock as I’ve just been trying to find my feet after such a long lay-off. But I will take it with both hands.
“Being a utility is something Tim (Sheens) has always talked about. I wasn’t too comfortable with it because I wanted to cement myself a starting position. I didn’t want to be tagged a utility player who kept swapping positions.
“I suppose when I look at it now, being a utility has turned out okay. "​

00011947-image.jpg

The rep selection comes a year after Moltzen underwent a season ending knee reconstruction. It was a cruel blow for a young man who entered 2010 off the back of a rapid rise the season before.
“Injuries are a part of our job. There were times I was really down on myself,’’ he said.
“I’m on the other side of that now and making the Country team is just another positive to go with just being back playing footy.”
Moltzen is one of six Wests Tigers players involved in the match at Albury. Close mate and fellow ‘coastie’ in Chris Heighington will pull on the Country jersey too. The pair played their junior footy on the Central Coast.
Lining up for City will be Wests Tigers team-mates Robbie Farah, Keith Galloway, Simon Dwyer and Liam Fulton. Farah will captain the City side for the third consecutive time.
“You always wonder how you would go against the players you play with, so it will be interesting,’’ Moltzen said.
“It could be a good thing going into the match knowing how the boys play. I definitely don’t want to be standing in front of a charging Keith Galloway or Simon Dwyer for that matter.
“You see how players come back better for the experience of playing rep footy. Liam Fulton is now more of a confident player after the All Stars. It should be a great experience.”​

Thats a pretty level headed assessment of the situation? He just has to read up on Terry Lamb to see where a utility position can take him?

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
Funny story, saying he can cover every position in the backline except 5/8. He is actually a 5/8 and played his whole life there until being stuck behind Benji.

N.C.

Juniors
Yes but does Kissing Cousins actually know the difference between a half-back and a five-eighth?

b.bear

Juniors
Mate, I'm not sure who the f**k you are? But I don't think you are a tigers supporter?

Who the F**k are you germ dont worry about me being a tigers fan MAAATTTE. I'm as tiger as they come but i dont reside in fairyland i see things as they are and Moltzen is WEAK ask TNT.F**k U and wake up to yourself ,My comments are not personal they are fact so stop getting personal Bi*ch

R2Coupe

Juniors
B Bear, I am glad you are such a good judge of talent. Obviously you know more than the WT recruitment officer and the coach.

These are the same people who have seen Woods, Fifita, BMM and Dwyer through to the NRL.

b.bear

Juniors
B Bear, I am glad you are such a good judge of talent. Obviously you know more than the WT recruitment officer and the coach.

These are the same people who have seen Woods, Fifita, BMM and Dwyer through to the NRL.

moltzen apologists open your eyes

b.bear

Juniors
Unfortunately he has a pea for a heart - he always has. The recent string of injuries is not going to do anything to help! You just watch him, he is afraid to be tackled and he will constantly shovel the ball off to someone else, even if they don't expect it. I don't doubt his class, but I think he has a long way to go.

So True