What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moltzen

Tiger05

First Grade
The guy is a game winner - we should all be able to see that.

He is starting to look safe as well.

Lets hope it continues.

hutch

First Grade
Good game at fullback today, I'm sure the usual people will have their usual whine about their supposed team.

innsaneink

Referee
no mistakes today from timmy. good under the high ball
Kick off out on the full.
Poor pass to the touchy cost Lote a try in the first half....another pass to Benjis head cost Sirro a try on debut
No mistakes eh?

Tiger05

First Grade
Kick off out on the full.
Poor pass to the touchy cost Lote a try in the first half....another pass to Benjis head cost Sirro a try on debut
No mistakes eh?

He did make some mistakes in attack. In defence though he was solid.

Give him a break, if you can't see that he is improving each week, well, you should've gone to Specsavers.

Seriously though, his fullback play is improving every match and this will then transfer into his attack and ball playing.

The Joker

Juniors
You can't polish a turd. The guy is awful and because he does a few things right, it magnifies the effect. The top teams in the comp cannot afford the liability of a player like Moltzen has on a team. What happens in a few weeks when he decides to have another shocker?

Fordy20

Juniors
Credit where it's due. He had a few clangers in attack and still needs work on his defensive positioning but he didn't let the ball bounce when it came his way and he ran the ball back straight on kick returns, which is something a fullback needs to be doing. He even took one off Ryan as well.

The frustrating thing about Moltzen is that he could be a great player, but it doesn't seem like he wants it enough. You'd think after three and half years of playing shit at fullback, he's bound to do something right in a few games. I'd like to see him start stringing a season together.

OK, I'll admit it - I'm not a fan, I think he's a footballer just not a top 1st grade footballer however, he has improved in the past 2 or 3 games.

Yesterday, I really liked how he ran the ball back, he ran at speed and actually hit the line, that is confidence.

The Cowboys though, did not put any pressure on him with their kicking game today and that is his weakness.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Been saying for the past month that at least he's starting to return the ball with a little more gusto. Yesterday he seemed to attack the ball in the air (even over-calling Ryan for one, which was a stark contrast to the f**k up in the Broncos game) - needs to keep that up. Running the ball well when injecting himself into the line. Now, if only he can start throwing the ball out in front of Marshall instead of firing it into his head / shoulders / behind him / feet etc he'll be a damn good player. As I said to a mate yesterday, he would have to be the worst ball-playing ball player I've seen. John Morris had a better pass on him.

Fingerbang

Bench
He showed a lot of courage in defence when Tamou was on his long break to the line.....not. The commentators raving on about Tamou's great step to beat Moltzen, but Moltzen just stood back and let him do it. Didn't even attempt to lay a hand on him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
no mistakes today from timmy. good under the high ball
except for say kicking dead on the full off the restart, being sidestepped by a prop, running across and taking the ball when Ryan called for it, almost colliding with him, poor positioning defensively on our own line.

He's a half ffs, he is playing much better now, but he's still the worst fullback in the competition, and will always be that.

Because he's a half, not a fullback.

N.C.

Juniors
He showed a lot of courage in defence when Tamou was on his long break to the line.....not. The commentators raving on about Tamou's great step to beat Moltzen, but Moltzen just stood back and let him do it. Didn't even attempt to lay a hand on him.
Alternative theory - a player that much bigger than you is easier to pull down from behind than front-on. If you are the last line of defense then it is better to be side-stepped and scramble than be trampled and taken out entirely. Perhaps Moltzen was just as surprised as everyone else when Tamou demonstrated his ability to outrun him?

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Keeping in mind also that Tamou showed great speed to mess Benji up -

I had no idea the brick wall was so fast.

Regardless - like last time Molz had an extended opportunity to play FB its taking him some time to square himself away.

Personally, I think the team is coming together well. Given where we are on the ladder, playing about 70%, if we can time the "click" we will be up there this year