What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MONAGHAN on Orford situation

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Just read it on the Manly Front Webpage

EXCLUSIVE BY MICHAEL MONAGHAN "I DON'T WANT TO GO ANYWHERE"
Manly captain Michael Monaghan says media speculation that he would seek a release from the club if the Sea Eagles signed Melbourne Storm halfback Matt Orford were unfounded.

"I have just signed a new contract with Manly and I don't want to go anywhere - I am a player and it is up to the club to sign who they like.

Ï have no problems with Matt Orford coming to the club or any player that management thinks can help us win a premiership.

"I'm amazed that someone has written that I will seek a release when I have never said such a statement"Monaghan said.

Monaghan told coach Des Hasler and executive chairman Paul Cummings late today that he was totally committed to the Manly club.

"I have a new contract with Manly and intend to fulfil it to the best of my ability.

Ït's not my position as a player to tell my employer who they can and can't buy and I would never do that.I'm happy at Manly and if Matt Orford comes to the club it is obvious only one of us could play in the number seven.

"Where I play is up to the coach as it is every week.Sure I prefer halfback but I have played elswhere.

Ï want the Manly fans to know that I have never threatened to seek a release and won't be.

Ï love it at Manly and right now am excited at the remainder of the 2005 season with the club.We have a lot more of a noise to make yet and are seeking a couple of wins to ensure a finals position before resetting our goals,"Monaghan said.
[/font]

wittyfan

Referee
I remember Preston Campbell trotting out similar lines when Kimmorley joined Cronulla.

Dog-E

Juniors
We'll have Chad Randall if he's out the door if Orford is foolish enough to return to the joint!...we have some loose change, half a pack of stimorol that Mrs. Folkes accidentally put thru the wash & the dryer in Steve's jeans pocket last week & a Brookvale to Homebush Bay bus/ferry pass left on offer after re-signing Willie Mason!

Oh, and a half price reverse cycle Mitsubishi Electric air conditioner that 'fell off the back of the truck'

Well....just bear it in mind - offer's always there anyway! :)

Rammo

Juniors
jeez im over this whole saga, it was put to rest when Monaghan re-signed!!!!!!!

bartman

Immortal
Well, it says something about the quality of our rugby league journalism - Mona's basically saying that what was reported as fact (Telegraph? now surprise...) was out and out lies.

shadow grinder

First Grade
after all the support melbourne fans have given orford, even when his career was at risk of being over with a possible stroke. he had so much support and well wishes etc. and he treats the club like sh*t and its fans.

enjoy manly ya inconsistent bastard!

Booyah

Bench
Wow. I wonder if fickle Storm fans will say how much they hate Orford now as much as they hate Kimmorley.

shadow grinder

First Grade
first of all alot of fans havent been pleased with him for the last year , with other sh*t he has dragged us through. this is just the icing on the cake not that it matters tho..coz its manly's loss and the storm's gain.

he plays inconsistent every year then complains when he doesnt make origin:rolleyes: and ive said that for the last couple of years now....so it isnt something that has just happen over night and we are angry coz he is leaving, im angry at the sh*t he has pulled

and not all the storm fans dislike kimmorley...i for one do not...he helped get us to and win our only premiership..the years he was with us he did great for the club.

but we arent going to go out like raider fans and harrass ex players for leaving ie: joel monaghan

ausraider

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
first of all alot of fans havent been pleased with him for the last year , with other sh*t he has dragged us through. this is just the icing on the cake not that it matters tho..coz its manly's loss and the storm's gain.

he plays inconsistent every year then complains when he doesnt make origin:rolleyes: and ive said that for the last couple of years now....so it isnt something that has just happen over night and we are angry coz he is leaving, im angry at the sh*t he has pulled

and not all the storm fans dislike kimmorley...i for one do not...he helped get us to and win our only premiership..the years he was with us he did great for the club.
but we arent going to go out like raider fans and harrass ex players for leaving ie: joel monaghan

Shadow FFS keep your opinion about other club fans to your f**king self.

shadow grinder

First Grade
it was only this once..and its true.

the sharks fan had something to say about storm fans why didnt you say the same to him/her?

ausraider

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
it was only this once..and its true.

the sharks fan had something to say about storm fans why didnt you say the same to him/her?

Must have missed that thread.But really mate,it was all about Orford and storm and you bring up monaghan and raiders fan.Doesn't make sense.

shadow grinder

First Grade
missed that thread? its this thread....above my post. saying that storm fans will now hate orford like they do kimmorley.

and ok..i apologise but only for going slightly of topic, other then that....its true dammit.

ausraider

Juniors
shadow grinder said:
missed that thread? its this thread....above my post. saying that storm fans will now hate orford like they do kimmorley.

and ok..i apologise but only for going slightly of topic, other then that....its true dammit.

Ok I appologise too.The argument was between sharks and storm fans why the hell do you have to bring raiders fans in the middle of that sh*t.BTW those two deserve all the sh*t they can cop.Do you remember the famous Monaghan saying
"I have spent 22yrs here and would like to spend other 22 here" something along those lines you remember.Thats why he is coping it and Finch, his a dickhead.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not only is this a Manly forum matter, you've gone and wasted two threads on it. Why?