What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MONAGHAN SIGNS WITH THE ROOSTERS

edabomb

First Grade
But we all know Elliott won't drop Monaghan. He hasn't made a tough call in 2yrs of control, don't think he will start now.

edabomb

First Grade
We already had $250,000 free from Wiki. I can't see the money as a positive. This shows how hard it is not only for us to sign talent, but now to maintain what we have. Strange days indeed.

Prodigiousman

Juniors
There isn't a thing we can do - so please vent with some restraint, i'd prefer to sift through half legal posts than the colourful rubbish that frequents the above.

I am not happy he's gone but we can replace him, and he didn't leave to SPITE the fans.

Things don't look great right now ladies and gents, but the next week will bring a smile... just wait and see.

Bay56

First Grade
Some NRL f**k arse is going to have to explain to the supporters how the rorting rooters can afford to pay the same money we can for Joel and still be under the cap.

Who is in charge of the cap police .... an ex rooster ... its a friggin farce.

Who is a selector and has a big influence on SOO ... a rooster.

Add to that our inept management team and a coach who no one wants to play for and we aint got no friggin chance.

Panjabi

Juniors
It was reported that we offered Joel $250K/year, how is it possible for the roosters to offer him anything even close to that ???
Had he signed with Manly it would of been a slap in the face, but something i could of lived with due to the family ties..but the Roosters??? Im livid !!!!

A list of the rep players we've lost.

Ben Kennedy..
Brett Finch (to lesser extent)
Ruben Wiki
and now.
Joel Monaghan

Judas Monaghan!!!!!

Prodigiousman said:
There isn't a thing we can do - so please vent with some restraint, i'd prefer to sift through half legal posts than the colourful rubbish that frequents the above.

I am not happy he's gone but we can replace him, and he didn't leave to SPITE the fans.

Things don't look great right now ladies and gents, but the next week will bring a smile... just wait and see.

Any inside info there you'd like to pass on?!?

edabomb

First Grade
I'm sure they wouldn't announce it on global television if it wasn't confirmed. Plus Gus didn't show much reaction, which he might of if it had been a suprise.....

Raiders Rock

Juniors
edabomb said:
We already had $250,000 free from Wiki. I can't see the money as a positive. This shows how hard it is not only for us to sign talent, but now to maintain what we have. Strange days indeed.

True, the money isn't a positive when we've lost a few of our best but mark my words, this is nothing!! If we don't retain and top up the contracts of Toots, Rhino, Germ, Hodgo, Gaffa, Schif and whoever else if off-contract we'll really be in a world of poo!!

While Muss, Statue & now Joel will hurt us, we can recover. We've got some great talent coming through the ranks, yes unlike the Rortsters we develop players, so don't be to disheartened by what's happened.

And unlike the Rortsters we have some heart!! Look at what our bits-n-pieces team did to the Broncos.

edabomb

First Grade
Raiders Rock said:
edabomb said:

True, the money isn't a positive when we've lost a few of our best but mark my words, this is nothing!! If we don't retain and top up the contracts of Toots, Rhino, Germ, Hodgo, Gaffa, Schif and whoever else if off-contract we'll really be in a world of poo!!

While Muss, Statue & now Joel will hurt us, we can recover. We've got some great talent coming through the ranks, yes unlike the Rortsters we develop players, so don't be to disheartened by what's happened.

And unlike the Rortsters we have some heart!! Look at what our bits-n-pieces team did to the Broncos.

Toots has re-signed for 2 more this year. I think Clintons tied up till 2006?? Theres a full list of off contract players as a sticky. This is definately a negative thing in the short term, I guess it just depends how much time a fan has patience. I can assure everyone I will never ditch the men in green!!!!

Raiders Rock

Juniors
edabomb said:
Raiders Rock said:
edabomb said:

Toots has re-signed for 2 more this year. I think Clintons tied up till 2006?? Theres a full list of off contract players as a sticky. This is definately a negative thing in the short term, I guess it just depends how much time a fan has patience. I can assure everyone I will never ditch the men in green!!!!

Totally agree with you, I've been here since 82, I'm certainly not going anywhere. Short term it may hurt but I believe they have the heart to recover from this.

greeneyed

First Grade
If the story is true, it just makes me incredibly sad. And this is not a Finch situation if it is true. He clearly agonised over the situation. Let's not turn on the guy.

And Elliott is about to be on 2GB.

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Bay56 said:
Some NRL f**k arse is going to have to explain to the supporters how the rorting rooters can afford to pay the same money we can for Joel and still be under the cap.

Who is in charge of the cap police .... an ex rooster ... its a friggin farce.

Who is a selector and has a big influence on SOO ... a rooster.

Add to that our inept management team and a coach who no one wants to play for and we aint got no friggin chance.

If he went to further his Rep chances then they may not have offered him as much money... Yeah right!! THOSE DIRTY ROTTEN SALARY CAP CHEATIN BASTARDS ARE RORTING THE SYSTEM AND WE ARE SUFFERING BECAUSE OF IT!!