What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MONAGHAN SIGNS WITH THE ROOSTERS

brenno

Juniors
for sure this is horrible. Has any other team in the nrl lost so much in just one silly season since the salary cap? This is outrageous how the roosters can release a couple of players then go on a spending while the raiders come away with virtually nothing.................... this is a friggin joke.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
1. Schif
2. Robbo
3. Mogg
4. Graham
5. Smith
6. McLinden
7. Carney
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Hodgson
11. Weyman
12. Hindmarsh
13. Croker

14. Rothery
15. Kahler
16. Thompson
17. J Smith

It's not too bad when you look at it that way.

Poida_Raider said:
joel can kiss my hairy arse.

Agreed.

You can blame the Roosters all you want, and while I don't like their business dealings, a lack of juniors, blah blah blah... Joel was the one who signed on the dotted line. He was the one who turned his back on the club he grew up with.

In my mind he is on the same level as Finch. Infact, he may be lower than Finch because at least everyone wanted him to stay and tried to do everything in their power to get him to stay.

f*** him.

woodgers

Bench
The worst thing for me is that he goes to a side that is immoral amd have such a advantage over any other team in the league. How could they have offered more than $250,000?

The next thing is that he lied the last couple of days, even to my face. I won't hold a grudge and let him go on his way, I even want to see him do well however I have lost a lot of respect for him.

Shattered again! What a week.

I wasn't real disappointed with the loss of Wiki and Davico, because of the depth of young forwards at the club such as Rothery, Hodgson, Cross and Weyman who looked in great form in the P League last night and was applauded off the field. The loss of Monaghan is damaging though, we just don't have that sort of depth in the backs. The Raiders can't afford a single injury in the backs next year now, so Monaghan leaving is very untimely.

lukethejedi

Juniors
Because elliot is a ball less S*!T i reckon Bulgarelli is gonna fly through next year in first grade. Screw You Joel!

I still think Graham is too small to play in the centres, but makes a fantastic winger. Smith on the other hand has the size and strength to make a good centre, so if you switched those two around I think it could work.

Poida_Raider

Bench
the worst bit is how he told people in here stuff like he would never leave, and whatever he told 2004 last night, i havent seen it. but it was obviously bull shit.

Smith sort of reminds me of Monaghan in a way, made some good solid tackles last night.

But look on the bright side people, we have guys like carney, milne, smith (nathan that is) :lol: franciscus that could step in, personally, im looking forward to seeing somewhat of a speedster take his place like franciscus or milne, even graham, I dont really think that in the long run (it may have an effect in the short term) its going to make a whole hell of a lot of difference to us, but that doesnt mean that im not f**king pissed off that the roosters have yet again ripped us off of another player because they can promise more rep footy, the only f**king reason the roosters can offer less money and more rep footy is because gould has the nsw rl and the selectors in his back pocket.

Raiders Rock

Juniors
Poida_Raider said:
the worst bit is how he told people in here stuff like he would never leave, and whatever he told 2004 last night, i havent seen it. but it was obviously bull sh*t.

No use crying over spilled player contracts, lets just suck it in and get on with it!! He shouldn't be dropped, and he won't be. Just watch him from now till the end of the season, he'll be playing out of his skin for the remainder of his time at the Raiders. Lets stay focused on the team, it's bigger than any of the single players.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
What pisses me off, is the Joel is a Canberra local, and has just left us for the "big smoke" he didn't go because he wanted to play with his brother or anything, he went because he wanted to have more oppurtunity. That's the kind of feeling i got from him yesterday. He wanted to be somewhere that can attract players. Roosters are that, and we payed the price. Well Good Luck to him, I don't want someone who doesn't show any loyalty to my club playing for us. Enjoy your life here in Sydney.