What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MONAGHAN SIGNS WITH THE ROOSTERS

Poida_Raider

Bench
yeah mate my focus is totally the team. but surely people in here shouldnt have to take being lied to, to their faces.

1. Schifcofske (who told jed his release thing was bs)
2. Gafa
3. Smith
4. Mogg
5. Robertson
6. McLinden
7. Carney
8. O'Hara
9. Woolford
10. Cross
11. Hodgson
12. Croker
13. Smith

14. Martin
15. Weyman
16. Rothery
17. Kouparitsas/Mundine

Thats the lineup id like to see next year

greeneyed

First Grade
The saddest thing is that Stuart has just confirmed that the Roosters DID offer him less than every other club, including us. :cry: :cry: :cry:

jed

First Grade
legend said:
Get hom out of the team for good. You could tell by hi shithouse performance last night he doesn't want a bar of the club.

I actually put his performance down to the fact that he had a lot on his mind.

I wouldn't be dropping him from the side for this season. I reckon that he'll just keep on improving as the season concludes.

Lynchie

Juniors
Yeah I heard Ricky on 2GB. I have to say I am really really dissapointed in Joel Monaghan. I honestly thought he was a one club man like myself and unfortunately for him I think in the years to come he is going to regret his decision to join the Roosters.
If you are a truly strong player you dont need to change clubs to further your representative career.

This is definately one of the saddest days for me concerning the Raiders in the last couple of years. I am just hoping that the changes which will be taking place next season inspire our team to get stuck in and finish the season on a high by ultimately winning the grand final.

Shattered. :( :( :( No words can describe it really. Why would you sign with the Rorters? They could fit him under the cap because their 'offer' was less $$$ (at least the reportable $$$).

He's a local junior, one who should of stayed a Raider for life. Now he has sold out. Seeing as he no longer wants to be a Raiders, kick him up the ass and send him to PL on the bench. Bring up Disco Steve, or Tie-Beau. Keep Smith on the wing and give him the experience he needs. He is the perfect replacement for the Sell out. He has no future with the club so send him packing.

Thicko's, we expect a new Traitor poster ASAP champ!

Now the club can throw bucketloads of cash at whoever is out there, though I don't think there is much out there. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

azza

Juniors
Joel Monaghan is a disgrace for the way he has treated this club. It is an absolute insult. I realise it was his choice, but where is loyalty nowadays. Piss off you turd, selfish arrogant prick.

If he went to Manly I could cope with that better, but the fact he joined to Roosters shows little loyalty, Ruben left for his personal reasons- he has done plenty for the club- he owes us nothing. I wish him the best off luck.
Davico- I don't think we will ever know the whole story about why he wanted a release, I wish him the best off luck too

Joel :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: - Go drive your fuc.ckin Monaro to sydney now and do some "Bondi Bonding"

azza

Juniors
Can someone inform us of what Elliot said on 2gb, I didn't get a chance to hear it.

The NRL is a joke, how is it fair that the strong get stronger and the weak get weaker? Nothing will be done about it either.

TiTTieS_[CNTDN]

Juniors
Lynchie said:
I am just hoping that the changes which will be taking place next season inspire our team to get stuck in and finish the season on a high by ultimately winning the grand final.
F*ck that, let's win it this year

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
Your a piece of shit Joel. Your betrayal reveals your true character and its someone I'll be happy to see the back of.
Enjoy the chorus of boos next time you run onto Bruce.

On another note. We must have a fair bit of cash now. Going on the proviso that we dont really sign anyone this year(which is looking likely) we can pull a Manly next year and use the 2005 unused cap money to spend on players. That should give us something like 1.5mill free shouldnt it?

dubby

Bench
Raiders Rock said:
Poida_Raider said:
the worst bit is how he told people in here stuff like he would never leave, and whatever he told 2004 last night, i havent seen it. but it was obviously bull sh*t.

No use crying over spilled player contracts, lets just suck it in and get on with it!! He shouldn't be dropped, and he won't be. Just watch him from now till the end of the season, he'll be playing out of his skin for the remainder of his time at the Raiders. Lets stay focused on the team, it's bigger than any of the single players.

AMEN!

Lets get over it. This hapened in 91, then Finch, now Joel Watsaname.
Other teams have seen mass departures, like Parra to Raiders for example! :lol:

azza said:
Can someone inform us of what Elliot said on 2gb, I didn't get a chance to hear it.

He said that it had been a shocking week in terms of recruitment and retentment.

He explained the reasons for Davico's departure and said that he understood why he had to go.

He didn't really talk about Monaghan that much other than he was disappointed with the decision.

When asked about if we had the depth in our PL side Elliot said he was extremely excited about the prospects of some youngsters coming through, specifically naming Weyman as a star of the future. He then said he didn't want to mention anyone else as he'd miss out on people. Ray then said "Plus you'll get other clubs offering more $$$ for giving them a wrap" and Elliot replied with "Yeah, we've experienced that before....." alluding to the poaching of talent.

He was asked about Stuart Fielden, and he said he had no idea where that rumour started from and he hasn't been in contact from. Ray said it started on a website, presumably this one.

That was about it. He sounded very disappointed throughout.