What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday Night Football

Are you going?

• Yes

Votes: 22 59.5%
  • No

Votes: 15 40.5%

• Total voters

Utey

Coach
eelz47 said:
are you going ute? or are you spimmimg around another poll with money in ur undies?

Sure am, just seeing what the general consensus was with Parra fans and Monday night footy :)

forward pass

Coach
I personally hope that there is more than 12 people there.

I will assume a lot of fans don't vote or aren't part of these forums !

Personally, getting to a Monday night game presents the same logisitcal problems I have in getting to a Friday night game but takes away that extra half hour that makes my attendance possible on Friday nights (I push the envelope on getting in before kick-off with them as it is).

Obviously, the answer would be to simply leave work earlier but for many of us that's just not practical nor possible... How about having Monday night matches at the SFS for us City workers? An off-the-cuff idea there.

But I'm obviously in the minority (Monday Night Football seems to be pretty successful crowd-wise), but I consider Monday night just an odd time to run a football fixture and expect the majority of supporters to be able to attend a match at a suburban ground.

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I don't know why Monday might games are at 7.

Seems that would stop a lot of people from making it.

Surely a 7.30 or 8 start would be better.

I mean, is a 9 or 9.30 finish really that late?

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
How about having Monday night matches at the SFS for us City workers? An off-the-cuff idea there.
quote]

I fully agree with that idea. I actaually thought at the start of the season the Roosters would love to have many Monday night games and the League would bow to their wishes but so far they have only had one in Round1.

I also agree with the point that it is quite hard to get to a 7pm game at a suburban ground for most working people. However as I have mentioned I enjoy the concept of Monday night Footy as it gets me through Mondays

I live too far away of coarse.
But the 7pm start is a bit early. Close shop at 5pm, cleanup a bit etc leave about 5:30-5:40. Pick daughter up from pre-school at least 10mins then home, 10min again so say home at 6pm, bath the kids etc, so thats about 15mins-20mins, organise them for dinner, have dinner and it would very close to 7pm , tuck the kids in bed, agruments about the missing the game and it could be half time by the time I sit down.

Utey

Coach
forward pass said:
I personally hope that there is more than 12 people there.

I will assume a lot of fans don't vote or aren't part of these forums !

:lol::lol: You're a clown.

T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I fully agree with that idea. I actaually thought at the start of the season the Roosters would love to have many Monday night games and the League would bow to their wishes but so far they have only had one in Round1.

Didn't the Roosters get a 30,000+ crowd for a Monday night game when they last tried this concept?

It would be perfect for RL-loving CBD workers. Promote it in Martin Place, QVB and Pitt St Mall the week leading up to it. Obviously I realise that many people work in other areas but the CBD is probably the largest 'captured audience' on weekdays.

I also agree with the point that it is quite hard to get to a 7pm game at a suburban ground for most working people. However as I have mentioned I enjoy the concept of Monday night Footy as it gets me through Mondays

Glad to hear someone else thinks this. A 7pm start with the parking issues around Parramatta Stadium makes it very difficult!

eels4lyf

WELL STUDY COMMITMENTS.

I have an exam for uni which is worth 60% which starts at 7pm. So what would someone dedicated to their education do? unfortunately sit the exam and miss the football.

Thats why i'm different. I went to the dr's about half n hour ago and complained of a migraine so i get to sit the exam next week :):)

OFF TO THE FOOTY WE GOOOOOOOO!

I'll be by myself tonight . . . shame noone else can see us smash the living sh*t outta the warriors . . . oh well

GO PARRA!

Suitman

Post Whore
parra-matters said:
I live too far away of coarse.
But the 7pm start is a bit early. Close shop at 5pm, cleanup a bit etc leave about 5:30-5:40. Pick daughter up from pre-school at least 10mins then home, 10min again so say home at 6pm, bath the kids etc, so thats about 15mins-20mins, organise them for dinner, have dinner and it would very close to 7pm , tuck the kids in bed, agruments about the missing the game and it could be half time by the time I sit down.

That is pretty much my schedule as well.
Thank god for Foxtel.

Suity

wittyz chick

Coach
:lol: :lol: It's a school night for me too ... but NOTHING!!! was gonna stop me from going to this game [obvious reasons of course]

I will probably only be allowed to Monday night home games which doesn't really bother me!!

forward pass

Coach
Suitman said:
The crowds for MNF have been enormous this year, so obviously a lot of people like it.

I can't go btw.

Suity

Why don't you just tape Desperate Housewives and watch it later Suit??

forward pass

Coach
Big Brother??? Please.....

I wouldn't watch that excuse for entertainment if it was the only show on tv.

I will be in the terraces !

wittyz chick

Coach
:lol: :lol: That was actually my problem ... my favourite TV show is on at 8:30 [Supernatural] Thank goodness for taping thingys *has mind blank to what they're called* :)