What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday Night Football

Do you want Monday Night Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

imasharkie

Coach
I don't like it. For me footy finishes on Sunday.
MNF seems to disadvantage the two teams the foloowing weekend.
Would you like it scrapped.
I reckon they should have a live game at 7pm on Sunday night instead as is going to happen in the last round this year.

cronker

Juniors
Sunday twilight game would be better for the kids, the adults who have to work the next day and Foxtel.

macavity

Referee
love it - except when my team is playing.

we really need to map out the schedule in advance, and share around the MNF appearances.

the current system is a farce. but you get that when TV dictates everything and the game is emasculated.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
There has to be some adjustments.

I think that the 2 teams playing should be given at least Sunday games. Alot of teams have had to back up on Saturday and have been soundly pasted due to the short turn around.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
More footy... more days... what's not to love?

Teams whinging about short turn around should suck it up. Monday --> Saturday is no different to the old Sunday ---> Friday.

Tap Twist Snap

Juniors
It's great I hope eventually they make sure it is best game of the week, the game that is unmissable. Weekday footy is great as there isn't much worth watching on tv these days other than footy. Weekends are when there is actually other things worth doing. I'd love them to scrap the footy show and have a game on thursday as well. As long as the NRL makes sure teams are not backing up too soon anything could work.

Monday night is more likely to get those who are watching other sports on weekends watching as well. All the talk about shorter seasons and less games we might as well just give up trying to expand the game and let AFL and Soccer take over.

t-ba

Post Whore
If they're going to get serious about it, the entire MNF schedule should be released before the Season begins, and teams should be given a six day lay off.

I can remember Don Singe saying something about how important even the extra four hours afforded by Sunday Arvo football compared to Monday Night Football can have on a players recovery. It's not something to be laughed off.

perverse

Referee
macavity said:
love it - except when my team is playing.

we really need to map out the schedule in advance, and share around the MNF appearances.

the current system is a farce. but you get that when TV dictates everything and the game is emasculated.
agreed - i'd love it a lot more if they'd spread it around evenly.

mightypanther

Juniors
t-ba said:
If they're going to get serious about it, the entire MNF schedule should be released before the Season begins, and teams should be given a six day lay off.

If they want to really get serious about the schedule and encouraging new fans to the game, then the entire years draw would come out at the start of the season.

I'm sick of hearing that it's the TV ratings that count. Stuff it.

The people who can't get to games becasue of money, family or work and stay home to watch the games, will still stay home to watch even if the draw is out completely in advance.

The people who are too lazy to go to the games would still watch them all on TV, they're not going to change.

And the people who go to the gamea now on a regular basis because they love seeing the games live, will still do so.

I don't see where the problem lies.

Oh and btw.........I hate monday night footy. I hate watching it on TV, and I hate having to go to it. I'd be quite happy if they scrapped it.

t-ba

Post Whore
mightypanther said:
If they want to really get serious about the schedule and encouraging new fans to the game, then the entire years draw would come out at the start of the season.

I'm sick of hearing that it's the TV ratings that count. Stuff it.

The people who can't get to games becasue of money, family or work and stay home to watch the games, will still stay home to watch even if the draw is out completely in advance.

The people who are too lazy to go to the games would still watch them all on TV, they're not going to change.

And the people who go to the gamea now on a regular basis because they love seeing the games live, will still do so.

I don't see where the problem lies.

Oh and btw.........I hate monday night footy. I hate watching it on TV, and I hate having to go to it. I'd be quite happy if they scrapped it.

As long as News Corp believes it favours their bottom line to have the schedule managed in such a fashion, it will happen that way. And there is SFA that can be done about it.

Latest posts