What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday Night Football

Do you want Monday Night Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dio

Juniors
monday night is great for fans bad for players.

sat arvo games is what i would love to see

Manly fLIP

Juniors
Who in their right mind wants 3 days of footy instead of 4?

I'd go for all week footy if there was any way of pulling it off but I guess unless you got fox then your not going to appreciate it as much.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its not good for people who dont have Foxtel, and dont have access to Triple M

If the NRL decided to give the rights to an Am station like 2Sm or ABC, then it'll be different.

Personally I dont care if they got rid of it, but if a rep game was played on a Friday night, then definately have a Monday night.

They should scrap it around Origin though.

Bring back the Sat alvo games.

Brutus

Referee
No.

Sunday twilight game is a much better idea. 6pm start.

The NRL have gone for MNF, but have chosen to limit the amount of people who can access it via TV and radio. Not good for the game at all. A lot of people I speak to forget that it's even on.

Hellsy

Immortal
I hate it.

Monday is a terrible day at work for alot of people and it is too much to get from work to the game if it isn't at your home ground (provide you live close to your home ground that is!)

In-goal

Bench
Its not good for people who dont have Foxtel, and dont have access to Triple M

http://www.1radio.com.au/?gclid=CMfh5qqR94wCFRchYQodrn6q_Q

Everyone has access to Triple M try this link, so no excuse there.

By the way Monday night footy crowds are generaly very good so the fans seem to love it, also TV ratings are very high which is another reason to keep it.

Monday night there isn't a competition for the time slot by the other codes so it would be stupid to scrap it, infact Monday night footy is helping grow the game in non heartland areas.

It would be selfish to want it's end on the back of any of the above statements.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I like it when the Warriors aren't playing. 9pm NZT on a Monday night is a horrible time for a Warriors game - it goes without saying that the kids don't get to watch it.

So as long as we stick with the status quo (i.e. one Monday night appearance per year for us, and no Monday home games) I can live with that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
mightypanther said:
If they want to really get serious about the schedule and encouraging new fans to the game, then the entire years draw would come out at the start of the season.

I'm sick of hearing that it's the TV ratings that count. Stuff it.

The people who can't get to games becasue of money, family or work and stay home to watch the games, will still stay home to watch even if the draw is out completely in advance.

The people who are too lazy to go to the games would still watch them all on TV, they're not going to change.

And the people who go to the gamea now on a regular basis because they love seeing the games live, will still do so.

I don't see where the problem lies.

Oh and btw.........I hate monday night footy. I hate watching it on TV, and I hate having to go to it. I'd be quite happy if they scrapped it.

I'm sorry, You hate going... and your team has never been involved? :lol:

Dakink

Bench
Timmah said:
More footy... more days... what's not to love?

Teams whinging about short turn around should suck it up. Monday --> Saturday is no different to the old Sunday ---> Friday.

Couldnt agree more,

I absolutely love it - though I would love to see the entire season mapped out at the start not 5 weeks in advance.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If there's a problem that's it - no advance scheduling.

imasharkie

Coach
If the NRL keeps it going they should at least share it around.
The concept was totally unfair on some teams this year.
Why should 3 or 4 teams play all the MNF games.
Soon see what people think if their team plays 5 MNF games next year.

Inferno

Coach
Hate it, and I hate it even more that some teams have had 5 while others have had only 1 or 2.

I don't mind the other suggestion about having it on Sunday night though.

Hellsy

Immortal
imasharkie said:
If the NRL keeps it going they should at least share it around.
The concept was totally unfair on some teams this year.
Why should 3 or 4 teams play all the MNF games.
Soon see what people think if their team plays 5 MNF games next year.

Sharing is caring.
It is unfair how some teams have had more than others, it should be even

DogEEL

Juniors
i love MNF. the more footy the better.

they should make it FTA though. it will make it a lot more popular.

Shorty

Staff member
I hate it,it's unfair for the teams that play they're burnt out and their strength and conditioning sessions are cut down.

It's also on cable,which I don't have so I get to watch it maybe 10% of the time.
Sunday afternoon/night football would do far better.