What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

more pleasing information

keeney

First Grade
we should really play upto that, there alot of qlders living in NSW who would love a crack at the marron jumper, if the roosters are doing it why shouldnt we?

antonius

Coach
Reading the article I am fairly confident we will get Reynoldson, and Webb seems very keen to come here, Webb also has the Cowboys, Storm, and Raiders chasing him, The Knights said they will not enter into a bidding war for him. Rather they'll make an offer then it's up to Webb. I agree though with Hages being Queensland coach, and both Webb and Kirk being Queenslanders it puts us in a better position I think to get their signitures. I am also pleased they are getting forwards, and not entertaining Franze and Bird, really we don't need them.

Johns Magic

Referee
I am also pleased they are getting forwards, and not entertaining Franze and Bird, really we don't need them.

I wouldn't mind getting Franze. He'd be dirt cheap, and once he recovers from his injury(it usually takes 12-18 months) there's a chance he will be great once again. Before his injury, he was looking like a future representative player.

Sure, it would be a gamble, but the potential loss would be minimal, with the potential gain being huge. We lack depth and quality in the outside backs, and Franze would be a good acquisition to the Knights.

~bedsy~

First Grade
antonius said:
Reading the article I am fairly confident we will get Reynoldson, and Webb seems very keen to come here, Webb also has the Cowboys, Storm, and Raiders chasing him, The Knights said they will not enter into a bidding war for him. Rather they'll make an offer then it's up to Webb. I agree though with Hages being Queensland coach, and both Webb and Kirk being Queenslanders it puts us in a better position I think to get their signitures. I am also pleased they are getting forwards, and not entertaining Franze and Bird, really we don't need them.
It would be good if we got Seage and Carmont signed and went after Webb. I agree that we need Bird and Franze back here.

keeney

First Grade
although webb is bigger, 109kg, id rather reynolsdon, 102kg, his stats are good this season, despite a huge discrepency in his last 5 ganmes stats which seem to be dragging his season averages down badly

Johns Magic

Referee
Beard grows on Hagan
Karl deKroo
14jul04

NEWCASTLE Knights are set to launch a bid for Melbourne Storm's bearded back-rower Kirk Reynoldson.

Knights coach Michael Hagan confirmed last night the Knights were interested in the versatile forward.
"He looks a good player and he is doing a good job for Melbourne, so he is among a number of guys we are having a look at," Hagan said.

"We are not at the stage where we have made a formal approach."

Reynoldson, whose bushy beard has helped him earn a cult-like following among Storm fans, has enacted a clause in his contract that will make him a free agent at the end of the season.

Reynoldson said his first option was to remain with Storm, but an agreement was yet to reached.

"We haven't really moved forward from last week," Reynoldson said last night of the negotiations.

Storm management is fast losing patience with Reynoldson, whose affairs are being handled by Les Ross. The club is understood to have sounded out other forward options, including Brisbane's Carl Webb and the Bulldogs' Jamie Feeney and Dennis Scott.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it looks like Dennis Scott is also off contract. He does look good, and the bulldogs fans have been saying that he should fill the void left by price. Hopefully we also pursue him.

Would also be a good buy.

astrogirl

First Grade
From what I've heard Dennis Scott hasn't been doing too badly this season - could be a good bye. But isn't he more of a 2nd rower than prop?

Johns Magic

Referee
The same article says:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carl Webb, who has started only three games for the Broncos this season, has emerged as one of the most sought-after players on the market.

Much of the prime talent has been locked away and with a number of clubs still with money to spend, Webb has attracted offers of up to $200,000 a season.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$200,000 is quite alot. Hopefully we aren't offering him that much. If we only got one of Webb and Reynoldson, I'd prefer to get Kirk. Surely he wouldn't be on that much.

macavity

Referee
about 150k is what Webb should be offered from us, if he is getting offers of 200k looks like we miss out.

Reynoldson should be offered the other 150k.

??

Johns Magic

Referee
macavity said:
about 150k is what Webb should be offered from us, if he is getting offers of 200k looks like we miss out.

Reynoldson should be offered the other 150k.

??

I whole-heartedly agree.

thuganomics

Coach
Nice, I would Love Reynoalsdon in a knights jersey. I dont think Feeney wants to leave the Dogs.

NED KELLY IN A KNIGHTS JUMPER!! :D

Latest posts