What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More Sydney clubs will merge within the next decade - Gould

Don't forget Luke Lewis was signing with Souths in 2008 before he reneged...so he must have wanted out well before Gus.​

AJB1102

First Grade
Yep Wade signed towards the end of 2010, it seems Elliott didn't rate him. Don't know why, everyone else did.

I forgot this was about Gus. Lewis and Jennings were quality. Gus always admired Lewis and brought him into the Origin squad as a development player, the first ever, back in '03. But Luke wanted to move on. Losing the captaincy didn't sit well. It's never really been explained why that happened, but there was considerable player pushback at the back end of Petero's time and Luke seemed to be mixed up in that. Jennings also wasn't giving of his best with us, he was a lazy so and so but got a new lease of life in a new environment.

Yeah I was pretty happy when we got Wade.

Dunno what went down with Lewy and captaincy but yeah it went down like a shot glass full of thumbtacs with him.

Frailty

First Grade
I mean the mergers are clear:
  • Sharks/St George Illawarra - Represents south of Botany to Wollongong. Team Name: Southern Sharks (Would have gone Southern Dragons but too close to the defunct NBL team). Play out of Wollongong
  • Manly and Roosters merge. Represent the Sydney coast line. Team name: East Coast Sea Eagles (would have gone East Coast Eagles.. But West Coast may have an issue). Play out of redeveloped SFS.
  • Parramatta and Bulldogs to merge to represent Bankstown to Parramatta. Team Name: Sydney Cedars. Play out of Bankwest and ANZ.
  • West Tigers to unmerge.
  • Western Suburbs and Penrith merge. Team name: West Sydney Bricks. Play out of Penrith and Campbelltown.
  • South Sydney and Balmain to merge. Team Name: Sydney 08s. Play out of ANZ.
Before anyone gets to worked up. I'm clearly not serious with any of this.

siv

First Grade
Completely agree.

No need for a name change. I don't see any fans we are able to attract in North Sydney having an issue with our current "Sydney" name.

Except all of your media training gear has EASTS all over it

• Sharks/St George Illawarra - Represents south of Botany to Wollongong. Team Name: Southern Sharks (Would have gone Southern Dragons but too close to the defunct NBL team). Play out of Wollongong
  • Manly and Roosters merge. Represent the Sydney coast line. Team name: East Coast Sea Eagles (would have gone East Coast Eagles.. But West Coast may have an issue). Play out of redeveloped SFS.
  • Parramatta and Bulldogs to merge to represent Bankstown to Parramatta. Team Name: Sydney Cedars. Play out of Bankwest and ANZ.
  • Western Suburbs and Penrith merge. Team name: West Sydney Bricks. Play out of Penrith and Campbelltown.

You can expect a call from V'Landys shortly :joy::joy:

Please, we all know that he is for more suburban Sydney teams playing in boutique suburban stadiums.

Even if he was for my ideas, I'm sure he was just implement it and claim he was listening "to the fans".

West Sydney Bricks is a goer for me.

I had always hoped the Panthers and Eels would have merged to form the Western Peelers... but Bricks and Cedars are classier.

Frailty

First Grade
Um...you want to read this out loud to yourself.

I think you do. His point (though I'm not agreeing) is that in a poll, Penrith would win. They are the most supported team in the region.

However, if the poll was Penrith or anyone else - Anyone else would win.

GongPanther

Referee
I think you do. His point (though I'm not agreeing) is that in a poll, Penrith would win. They are the most supported team in the region.

These replies are getting really weird.

Frailty

First Grade
These replies are getting really weird.

Read this slowly.

Say the following are the results from a poll in Penrith about a supporters favourite team:
Penrith - 32%
Souths - 10%
Dragons - 8%
Parramatta - 12%
Tigers - 9%
Others - 29%

Penrith are the most supported team, but most supporters in the area (68%) do not go for the Panthers.

GongPanther

Referee
Read this slowly.

Say the following are the results from a poll in Penrith about a supporters favourite team:
Penrith - 32%
Souths - 10%
Dragons - 8%
Parramatta - 12%
Tigers - 9%
Others - 29%

Penrith are the most supported team, but most supporters in the area (68%) do not go for the Panthers.
O.K., so there was a poll? Didn't see a mention of one.

It's all and dandy to pull figures out of the air, of a supposed poll, but I think you'll find that there would be far more Penrith supporters in the vast Panther territories than any migration of other team's supporters.

Perth Red

Post Whore
O.K., so there was a poll? Didn't see a mention of one.

It's all and dandy to pull figures out of the air, of a supposed poll, but I think you'll find that there would be far more Penrith supporters in the vast Panther territories than any migration of other team's supporters.

lol, no there wasn’t a poll he was using it as a hypothetical of how panthers could be the best supported singular club in the region, but there could be more supporters of other clubs combined :)

for panthers it would be nteresting to see where their fans live and if most live eastern suburbs of penrith region ie closer to bankwest? For example Blacktown region is closer to bankwest but in panthers jnr region
Leaving the argument around LC revenue on game day aside that might justify playing half games at bankwest?

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
lol, no there wasn’t a poll he was using it as a hypothetical of how panthers could be the best supported singular club in the region, but there could be more supporters of other clubs combined
There could, but living here it seems unlikely to me. West of Blacktown is ours all the way out to Dubbo. Being an area of new housing estates, you are going to get those moving in from other areas and supporting other teams, but we eventually get their kids anyway, especially if we're going well.

Angry_eel

First Grade

Sydney Cedars, - The f**k? Will a tree be a mascot?

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
lol, no there wasn’t a poll he was using it as a hypothetical of how panthers could be the best supported singular club in the region, but there could be more supporters of other clubs combined :)

for panthers it would be nteresting to see where their fans live and if most live eastern suburbs of penrith region ie closer to bankwest? For example Blacktown region is closer to bankwest but in panthers jnr region
Leaving the argument around LC revenue on game day aside that might justify playing half games at bankwest?

There would be very few panthers fans east of Blacktown, surely

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
There could, but living here it seems unlikely to me. West of Blacktown is ours all the way out to Dubbo. Being an area of new housing estates, you are going to get those moving in from other areas and supporting other teams, but we eventually get their kids anyway, especially if we're going well.

OUT TO DUBBO? No one in Lithgow likes the panthers it’s the shamrocks all the way , Roy:laughing:

unforgiven

Bench

Correct, what part do you disagree with?

Latest posts