What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley = 7 weeks

eels_fan_01

Bench
Greg Birds was much worse, he got him in the head, Morely basically just pushed Hughes over with hes knee.

Ice777

Bench
The only way he was going to get twice as long as that is if he was wearing a Melbourne Storm jersey.

melon....

Coach
7 weeks. Select him in the Jets this week and then in first Grade, as someone pointed out, thats 2 down. See you in round 26 Mozz.

Bird conected with the head, Morley's should have, but didnt. Nothing in it. :)

Iafeta

Referee
strider said:
well rubin wiki got sweet f**k all for a knee which actually hurt someone - so why should morley get more? - and don't give me any crap about accidental

greg bird did a premeditated knee in the f**king head - of course he deserved more

i respect morely - he plays hard and maybe oversteps the line at times but he takes plenty back himself .... reminds me alot of mark geyer who i also enjoyed watching play .... and no i am most certainly not a roosters supporter

lol there's no comparison whatsoever to Ruben Wiki's actions. If Ruben was charged correctly, he would have ended up with six weeks... SIX weeks, in comparison to that? And yes, I am a Warriors fan, and yes, Ruben Wiki was incredibly lucky, and yes, it was wrong he was found not guilty on a technicality. It was quite obvious there was an offence in his action.

However, comparing someone running into the play of the ball, and high kneeing someone? Give yourself a triple. Deadset. One was blatantly deliberate, one was arguable but still extremely dangerous. One was while the guy was fully on his feet knowing exactly what he was doing, the other was falling to the ground.

That's a 10 weeker, no brainer, and more given his disgraceful judiciary record. Adrian Morley and his "Friends" have often said Adrian is targetted, over the past few years Adrian has got off very lightly on a number of very serious issues. If this was a guy like John Hopoate or a Craig Smith or any other NRL scapegoat it'd have been 10-18, anywhere in between.

Soft. Very soft. The NRL really have set many bad precedents this year in their very aimless and soft charging. It's a complete reversal of years gone by. So far this year the Warriors have had one player suspended, if this was season 2003-2004 going by judicial standards of those years we'd have had 5-6 suspensions. Why the ridiculous inconsistencies?

Ziggy the God

First Grade
The precedent has been set: a premeditated knee in the guts penalty can be no longer than 7 weeks. In fact, it should be less considering Morley's pathetic judiciary record. It is a farce.

At least the biggest thug in the game has been wiped out of the NRL.

The problem with setting a prededence is that if it is a bad decision all decisions thereafter are likely to be just as bad. It's a bit like two wrongs don't make a right, kinda. Following a bad decision with more bad decisions just because it appears consistent is not a good thing.

Hammershark

Juniors
So If you include his loading the Knee was probably only worth 4 weeks so In that case should Williams have got 15 or how about we just make it open slather with the biggest result you can get 4 weeks.

Nook

Bench
How good is Geoff Bellew?

He gets Wiki off and Morley escapes, somehow, with 7 weeks.

Morley should have got more but I'm glad he didn't. Might have been a little Trinations directive filtering down from the ARL. In any case it will be great for the international matches.

What a load of crap that decision is..all the talk around my under15 team at this weeks training was DID YOU SEE MORLEY..and they kind of liked his actions.some did at least..What kind of message is that sending to 15 yr old boys..probably works out as someone said 4 weeks of suspension!..Jezuz !:crazy: what a ridiculous decision:(

Hammershark

Juniors
Lol I read on Fox sports he didn't get as long because his wasn't premeditated like Birds. What a load of crap at least Bird had made the tackle and was standing up to be at marker while he did it. He certainly had less time to plan that then someone who comes running in how could it not be premeditated if he came running in to do it?

Leagueguy

Juniors
This thread should be changed to Morely = 4 weeks, because as someone pointed out the 7 weeks includes his bad record. In which case this is even more crazy.

f**k me some NRL fans are dopes. There is no precedent. Bird was Bird and Morely is Morley. Different incidents, apples and oranges. There was probably a kneeing incident in a game in 1908 where a player wasn't suspended at all. Should we follow the precedent set then or in 1950 or 1980. Fair dinkum. And as for people speculating about the "real" length of the ban ie 4 weeks, what are you people members of the NRL judiciary? How the f**k would any of you guys know what percentage of that seven weeks is due to his loading or previous record or whatever? And what does it matter anyway. Everey player has a record, some bad some not some in between. The fact is the guy is a good player and rugby league is better off if he is on the field, and the same goes for all other players too, and thankfully he will be on the field in the Tri-Nations.