What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley = 7 weeks

Good to see this discussion overtaken by Roosters fans. Now the Dogs fans can see how club loyalty and bias can cloud the issue.

Nathan B

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Read it proberly mate.

I said Sonny Bill used to do shoulder charges in hes first season but now hes just crap and just shoves peoples heads in the ground and grabs people, real tough guy. Not a thug. :roll:

So Sonny Bill grabs people.

Are you serious? He grabs people.....What? Out on the footy field. He actually grabs other people while on a football field?!?! Jesus, what a bastard!

And he shoves peoples heads into the ground.

Any evidence of that?

You're certainly scraping at the bottom of the barrel when you compare Sonny 'I'll take on anyone of any size while I'm only 18' Bill Williams with Adrian 'I knock the head off little halfbacks for a living' Morley.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Earl said:
Absolutley ridicolous.

Michael Crockers tackle was worse?

Considering the type of tackle Crocker got pinged for could leave a player paralysed, I would think, yes. Morley's was an act of stupidity and looks spectacular but was never going to cause serious injury. Deserved not to play again this season so they may have got it right.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
On the lighter side of things - I've thought of a few jobs Morley could do to entertain himself and keep himself fit for the next 2 months...

WWF Wrestling 'Guest star':
morleywwfws0.jpg

Hap-ki-do instructor:
morleyhapkidoch1.jpg

Enter a few Muay Thai tournaments:
morleykungfudp9.jpg

Replacement striker for Ruud van Nistelrooy at Man U...
morleyeplrf3.jpg

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
What a joke.

Explain to me how you can knee a guy in the head/nether-region and only get 7 weeks? Utai almost got as much for a high tackle, arguably after bouncing off the ball

Once again inconsistency and a soft decision. Great work NRL. Way to defend the golden Eastern Suburb boys... Good to see that nothing has changed.

Come one genius.. Please enlighted me on how the Roosters benefit from the decision? I can't wait to know..

eels_fan_01

Bench
Nathan B said:
So Sonny Bill grabs people.

Are you serious? He grabs people.....What? Out on the footy field. He actually grabs other people while on a football field?!?! Jesus, what a bastard!

And he shoves peoples heads into the ground.

Any evidence of that?

You're certainly scraping at the bottom of the barrel when you compare Sonny 'I'll take on anyone of any size while I'm only 18' Bill Williams with Adrian 'I knock the head off little halfbacks for a living' Morley.

Morley has smashed many more people than Sonny Bill ever will.

I said thats all Sonny Bill can do now, he cant smash anyone anymore.

People and not reading my entire posts, its pretty embrassing.

Nathan B

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Morley has smashed many more people than Sonny Bill ever will.

I said thats all Sonny Bill can do now, he cant smash anyone anymore.

People and not reading my entire posts, its pretty embrassing.

You said Sonny 'grabs people'. Nothing in the rest of your post contradicted that point. So the rest of the post is irrelevant re this point.

You said Sonny 'shoves peoples heads into the ground'. Nothing in the rest of your post contradicted that statement. So the rest of the post is irrelevant re this point.

You compared Sonny to Morley.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Nathan B said:
You said Sonny 'grabs people'. Nothing in the rest of your post contradicted that point. So the rest of the post is irrelevant re this point.

You said Sonny 'shoves peoples heads into the ground'. Nothing in the rest of your post contradicted that statement. So the rest of the post is irrelevant re this point.

You compared Sonny to Morley.

Its really annoying when geeks get on a footy forum. Footy forums arent meant to be a test or serious or anything like that i have a life outside of these posts i do unlike you i guess who analyses everything.

Morley is a better foward than Sonny Bill. Thats all i have to say, are you going to pick that apart aswell.

ozzie

Bench
Leagueguy said:
The hardest men in the game are players like Webcke and Hindmarsh. These guys are world class athletes who exert massive effort every week. There hard in the same way that the guys in the tour de france are hard. Morley may be good at dishing out punishment , but I don't think he goes through the pain barrier as much as Webcke and Hindmarsh. For me, thats what I respect most. A lot of guys are strong and hit hard which makes them tough in a way, but there not tough enough mentally to consitantly perform.
that's why he is playing with two broken wrists because he just loves pain

Nathan B

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
Its really annoying when geeks get on a footy forum. Footy forums arent meant to be a test or serious or anything like that i have a life outside of these posts i do unlike you i guess who analyses everything.

Morley is a better foward than Sonny Bill. Thats all i have to say, are you going to pick that apart aswell.

In defence, I'm happy to say Morley and Sonny are equals.

In attack, Morley is so far behind Sonny it's not funny. Metres gained, line breaks, line break assists, trys, try assists, offloads...Sonny reigns supreme over Morley in all these areas. And by some way.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
No, he's a good thug. He is nothing more.

Did you actually see the incident? It was absolutely disgraceful.

Tell me - if that had been another player (such as one wearing a blue and white jersey) do you think the suspension would've been different? Of course it would've - difference being that Morley is a thug, and no other player in this competition would be able to pull that sort of sh*t and get away with it.

If it had been the other way around, and a 'Dogs player had knee'd a Roosters player after running off the line - especially when he wasn't involved - the guy would probably never play again. In fact, if it had been most teams, the guy would never play again... Or at least would've got more than 7 weeks. The Roosters are a protected breed in this competition.

You obviously live in a house without mirrors.. a cell perhaps?

Danish

Referee
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Get your facts straight before you shoot your mouth off.

Sonny was done for DUI, but it was low-range. 0.075, to be exact. Perhaps you should do some research before making stupid statements.

You Roosters fans really are as stupid as each other.

He is a P Plater.

P plater limit is 0.00

0.07 is considered a high drink driving offence for a p plater.

My facts are perfectly straight mate

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Cockadoodledoo said:
I Noticed you didn't respond to my question.. Just another Dog full of hot air.. Perhaps if you had 10 mates beside you as you typed you may have done so.

Did I ever say the Roosters benefit from this decision? No I didn't. Read my posts again, you ignorant twat.

I said they are a protected breed - which they clearly are.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Danish said:
He is a P Plater.

P plater limit is 0.00

0.07 is considered a high drink driving offence for a p plater.

My facts are perfectly straight mate

Show me the act where it says 0.07 is a "high drink driving offence". The amendment bill lowered the limit, you are correct, but there is no mention of "Low", "Medium" or "High".

Once again another Roosters supporter shooting off their mouth without thinking. Enjoy your early Mad Monday - LOSERS!

Kilkenny

Coach
Sure the incident deserved 7 weeks or even more probably but it's a damn shame MORLEY finishes his NRL career in this manner. Notwithstanding his problems with his tackling technique and at the judiciary he was a great footballer and I say that as a Panther supporter who despises the Roosers. Very sad all round.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Kilkenny said:
Sure the incident deserved 7 weeks or even more probably but it's a damn shame MORLEY finishes his NRL career in this manner. Notwithstanding his problems with his tackling technique and at the judiciary he was a great footballer and I say that as a Panther supporter who despises the Roosers. Very sad all round.

Agreed. Good post - well said.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: At the farkwit trying to downplay Morley's actions by bringing up SBW's drink-drive charge.

Two wrongs DON'T make a right, clean your ears out ;-)

RoostarGirl

Juniors
Kilkenny said:

Its great to see that fans of other clubs that hate ours....can still see and think clearly.....good post Kilkenny:D

I'm devastated at what happened I understand and I accept but I'm gutted....I love Moz he's a great bloke and a great player.

We will miss him and the NRL will miss him.

Did anyone see the roosters vs manly game where Steve Matai went way over the top when tackleing one of the roosters players over the sideline and deliberately threw him into the advertising sign. That had plent of intent and malice in it and was extremely dangerous yet it didnt even get a look at by the judiciary. He had just as much malice and intent as Morley did. I think 7 weeks was spot on. Would of liked to see him play one more game but i admit the ruling was quite fair. Whoever says morley is a thug... please... he is one of the gentlemens of our game as anyone involved in the rugby league will tell you.

Surandy

Bench
Kilkenny said:

Each to their own, for me he will always be remembered as a thug. 11 times in front of the judiciary, his record stands for itself. Bye bye Morley.