What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley = 7 weeks

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
What a joke.

Explain to me how you can knee a guy in the head/nether-region and only get 7 weeks? Utai almost got as much for a high tackle, arguably after bouncing off the ball

Once again inconsistency and a soft decision. Great work NRL. Way to defend the golden Eastern Suburb boys... Good to see that nothing has changed.

Hammershark

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
f**k me some NRL fans are dopes. There is no precedent. Bird was Bird and Morely is Morley. Different incidents, apples and oranges. There was probably a kneeing incident in a game in 1908 where a player wasn't suspended at all. Should we follow the precedent set then or in 1950 or 1980. Fair dinkum. And as for people speculating about the "real" length of the ban ie 4 weeks, what are you people members of the NRL judiciary? How the f**k would any of you guys know what percentage of that seven weeks is due to his loading or previous record or whatever? And what does it matter anyway. Everey player has a record, some bad some not some in between. The fact is the guy is a good player and rugby league is better off if he is on the field, and the same goes for all other players too, and thankfully he will be on the field in the Tri-Nations.

So if someone did this to your farther/brother/sister son you would say give him the minimum suspesion because he is good at playing footy?

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
The fact is the guy is a good player

No, he's a good thug. He is nothing more.

Did you actually see the incident? It was absolutely disgraceful.

Tell me - if that had been another player (such as one wearing a blue and white jersey) do you think the suspension would've been different? Of course it would've - difference being that Morley is a thug, and no other player in this competition would be able to pull that sort of sh*t and get away with it.

If it had been the other way around, and a 'Dogs player had knee'd a Roosters player after running off the line - especially when he wasn't involved - the guy would probably never play again. In fact, if it had been most teams, the guy would never play again... Or at least would've got more than 7 weeks. The Roosters are a protected breed in this competition.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Question!

Ok, lets say Roosters dont make the finals.

Does the length really matter? or are you guys just worried about the tri-series?

I say 7 is good, takes away the rest of his NRL season while giving us footy fans a higher quality of international footy.

Surandy

Bench
Would have been interesting to see what his penalty would've been if it hadn't been referred straight to the judiciary!

Allowing for loading could he have wound up with a longer suspension if it had been graded?

Hammershark said:
So if someone did this to your farther/brother/sister son you would say give him the minimum suspesion because he is good at playing footy?

If it was my brother/sister(?) or whatever I wouldn't be on the judiciary and they are the ones that matter. And more importantly they are impartial, unlike most of the fans on here bleating about this decisions. All Bulldogs fans with a grudge.
And to answer the question, yes. I always want the minumum suspension for a player because I want to see the best players on the field, not sitting on the sideline. The NRL is only hurting the game by rubbing its best players out of the game and anyone who wants to see the best players suspended for longer and longer spells is not a true supporter of the game.

bigdogsgottaeat said:
No, he's a good thug. He is nothing more.

Did you actually see the incident? It was absolutely disgraceful.

Tell me - if that had been another player (such as one wearing a blue and white jersey) do you think the suspension would've been different? Of course it would've - difference being that Morley is a thug, and no other player in this competition would be able to pull that sort of sh*t and get away with it.

If it had been the other way around, and a 'Dogs player had knee'd a Roosters player after running off the line - especially when he wasn't involved - the guy would probably never play again. In fact, if it had been most teams, the guy would never play again... Or at least would've got more than 7 weeks. The Roosters are a protected breed in this competition.

Yeah its the world versus the Bulldogs. If it'd had been a Bulldogs player he'd have been publically executed:roll: . Wake up to yourself.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
All Bulldogs fans with a grudge.

The guy got knee'd in the head. I think we have a right to be upset mate

Imagine it was Benji copping that in the head. How would you feel?

Sure you can sit on the fence because your team is up the sh*tter this year and it doesn't matter. What if Benji copped a knee like that leading up to the semi's last year?

Think before you post, you idiot.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
Yeah its the world versus the Bulldogs. If it'd had been a Bulldogs player he'd have been publically executed:roll: . Wake up to yourself.

Hey mate read my post again. You are an absolute moron.

"In fact, if it had been most teams, the guy would never play again.."

I brought up the Bulldogs because thats who Morley committed the offence again. Although its clear you haven't watched the game from the quality of your pathetic posts.

bigdogsgottaeat said:
The guy got knee'd in the head. I think we have a right to be upset mate

Imagine it was Benji copping that in the head. How would you feel?

Sure you can sit on the fence because your team is up the sh*tter this year and it doesn't matter. What if Benji copped a knee like that leading up to the semi's last year?

Think before you post, you idiot.

You're proving my point. I don't support the Roosters or the Dogs. You do and that is why you're jumping up and down. And BTW I'm not a Wests Tigers fan. Also I don't think you know what the term sitting on the fence means.

mattyg

Bench
Utai gets 5 weeks for a reflex tackle which definately was not intentional. Utai has a relatively bad record this year, but far better than Morley's record. Morley runs out of the line 5m and intentionally knees a guy in the groin, and gets 7 weeks for it. Go figure?

mattyg said:
Utai gets 5 weeks for a reflex tackle which definately was not intentional. Utai has a relatively bad record this year, but far better than Morley's record. Morley runs out of the line 5m and intentionally knees a guy in the groin, and gets 7 weeks for it. Go figure?

Agreed. Utai and other players have been hard done by. But I think it's the wrong attitude to take that because one player was treated too harshly, they all should be. That kind of thinking doesn't help anybody, it just sits more of our stars on the sideline for longer than they should be. Don't complain when a player gets a "lenient" sentence, complain when they get a tough ones. As far as Utain goes you've a right to complain about that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Most disgraceful judiciary decision handed down since the NRL began.

ali

Bench
I'm ok with it. He didn't hurt the bloke and remember he got sent off so that should count for something.

With 6 rounds to go and 1 Great britain trial match, he should be right to play NZ in their first Gilette Tri Nations match. The only question is, how are his wrists? Does he still need surgery?

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
East Coast Tiger said:
You're proving my point. I don't support the Roosters or the Dogs. You do and that is why you're jumping up and down. And BTW I'm not a Wests Tigers fan. Also I don't think you know what the term sitting on the fence means.

Not really mate. If you check other teams forums (especially the Sharks) you'll find I'm not the only memeber of the football fraternity that disagrees with the sentence.

Anyway I'm over arguing. I don't believe that we should take international representation into account in sentencing. It deserved more than 7 weeks - there'd be few people who would disagree. He wasn't even a part of the play and he ran in to knee the bloke in the head. I'm at a loss to know what could be worse than that (except for the Paea tackle earlier this year, which was absolutely disgusting).

bigdogsgottaeat said:
Not really mate. If you check other teams forums (especially the Sharks) you'll find I'm not the only memeber of the football fraternity that disagrees with the sentence.

Anyway I'm over arguing. I don't believe that we should take international representation into account in sentencing. It deserved more than 7 weeks - there'd be few people who would disagree. He wasn't even a part of the play and he ran in to knee the bloke in the head. I'm at a loss to know what could be worse than that (except for the Paea tackle earlier this year, which was absolutely disgusting).

I have no doubt plenty of people disagree with it. But why do they disagree? That's the point. Club loyalties and biases I think you'll find. I don't like the Roosters but I can look beyond that and make a judgement based on the particular incident (and only that incident) and what is best for rugby league. If only more people could do the same.

Leagueguy

Juniors
So the combined sentance for the Wiki and Morley incidents is 7 weeks. HahaahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahaH

Lancelot Link

Juniors
mattyg said:

Having only read the last page of this toipic...I agree wholeheartedly!

Given the pure VINDICTIVENESS of Morley's actions - added to his already poor judiciary record - That is just a weak - a truly p*ssweak judiciary decision!

Bird, with little prior record gets 10 weeks for his 'brainsnap' knee - and WWF hopeful Morely with a judiciary record as long as my old fella (Hah! I wish!!!) gets jhust 7 for his assault?...What a f*cking JOKE!!! Guess it's 'open season' for knees elbows and 'whatever you got boys' from hereon in!...Yeah - right.

If Morley was 'Joe Public' and did that to some bloke outside his local pub and got caught...he'd have been banged up in the clink - for at least the night...Then been facing court!

This is a BLATANT marketing ploy for crowds for the Tri-Nations! And no-one can tell me any different!

And the NRL wonder why no bugger has any faith in their system??? PAH!!! :x

Lancelot Link said:
Having only read the last page of this toipic...I agree wholeheartedly!

Given the pure VINDICTIVENESS of Morley's actions - added to his already poor judiciary record - That is just a weak - a truly p*ssweak judiciary decision!

Bird, with little prior record gets 10 weeks for his 'brainsnap' knee - and WWF hopeful Morely with a judiciary record as long as my old fella (Hah! I wish!!!) gets jhust 7 for his assault?...What a f*cking JOKE!!! Guess it's 'open season' for knees elbows and 'whatever you got boys' from hereon in!...Yeah - right.

If Morley was 'Joe Public' and did that to some bloke outside his local pub and got caught...he'd have been banged up in the clink - for at least the night...Then been facing court!

This is a BLATANT marketing ploy for crowds for the Tri-Nations! And no-one can tell me any different!

And the NRL wonder why no bugger has any faith in their system??? PAH!!! :x

Again why question this decision moreso than the Bird decision. Bird probably should have got six weeks and Morely about the same. Six weeks is not a lenient sentence, it's a quarter of a season.

As for the old "if that wasn't on a football field it would be assault" chessnut - a perfectly legal rugby league tackle would be assault off a football field for God's sake.

Latest posts