What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley = 7 weeks

petetheileet

First Grade
bulldog said:
Theres a lot more to toughness than laying someone out with a cheap or illegal shot, tell Ruben Wiki or Shane Webcke they're soft - I dare you.

Morleys style of toughness is a remnant of an era long dead, where cheap shots were the norm and sickening incidents weren't examined in such detail as today.

There is no doubt he made an impact, but there's also no doubt he's a thug.

Well said!!!

bulldog

Bench
Lancelot Link said:
Let me guess...Another Roosters fan, right?

Check his sig, I'm not sure who he supports but based on that it definitely aint the roosters.

Some idiots sig said:
"richest club,most junior's and best development program,we'll dominate for year's to come.

black cat

Juniors
do you think everyone who dislikes the dogs and what they done to our game are roosters fans.
you werent the most hated club for yrs and the 2nd most hated club last yr because of roosters fans alone.
they way some of you dog fans are going on just seems like sever case of sour grapes

Lancelot Link

Juniors
bulldog said:
Check his sig, I'm not sure who he supports but based on that it definitely aint the roosters.

I was actually talking about that 'Hollus' bloke..But as for Black Cat -

"The most juiors and best development..."

Yeah, fair point - that doesn't describe the Roosters at all! :lol:

'The Richest Club' bit and most juniors bit - plus his username...I'm guessing he's a Panthers fan. But he can barely even string a couple of coherent sentences together. He's no ham to anyone, but himself! ;-)

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
black cat said:
gee you dogs fans are wingers,he was just getting corey to take up his usual position,look at timmahs avatar,hes trying to give morely a headjob.
poor old utai hey,a reflex action that came from behind his back to nearly take a players head off.what is it that since the dogs have been caught cheating,drug taking,trashing property,alleged sexual assult and others things that thier fans seem to have turned into the biggest whingers in the nrl,wanting every body hung out to dry,get over it they done the right thing by rubbing him out of the nrl,we dont have to worry about him anymore in our game.

drug taking? Care to back up your accusation?

In answer to your question: we're asking for consistency. It seems to be sorely lacking in the game's management and the judiciary, as well as the refereeing, at present. The fact Utai gets 5 weeks for a reckless tackle without intent and Morley gets 7 for a clear and deliberate knee to someone is a big fat joke. You can look at my avatar all you like, but it's a single still from an entire event mate. Morley ran from second marker (not first marker, second), his view obstructed, brain snapped, retaliated to something he thought had happened. He pleaded that - a "what if" - and got his sentence greatly reduced from what it should have been. It was a very clear, deliberate hit, with intent to cause pain to the victim. What part of that did you miss?

Surandy

Bench
black cat said:
do you think everyone who dislikes the dogs and what they done to our game are roosters fans.
you werent the most hated club for yrs and the 2nd most hated club last yr because of roosters fans alone.
they way some of you dog fans are going on just seems like sever case of sour grapes

It's not just Dogs fans that think he got off lightly.

The thug gets to play in the tri-nations again much as he did in the series in which he tried to remove Kearns' head from his shoulders.

Hutty1986

Immortal
black cat said:
gee you dogs fans are wingers,he was just getting corey to take up his usual position,look at timmahs avatar,hes trying to give morely a headjob.
poor old utai hey,a reflex action that came from behind his back to nearly take a players head off.what is it that since the dogs have been caught cheating,drug taking,trashing property,alleged sexual assult and others things that thier fans seem to have turned into the biggest whingers in the nrl,wanting every body hung out to dry,get over it they done the right thing by rubbing him out of the nrl,we dont have to worry about him anymore in our game.

That's not correct- I'm sure some Doggies fans don't even play league at all

Lancelot Link

Juniors
I do happen to be a Bulldogs fan - But wouldn't matter if Morley had done that against anyone else. Fact is, it was a terrible and cowardly act. And the idea of a suspension is to punish such behaviour - yet he gets to play the entire Tri-Nations and start his career in the UK on time.

That is a pretty weak punishment, given his actions - and what I don't think is particularly fair!

I don't even really particularly care for Corey Hughes at all - He is neither here nor there to me, and although it sounds harsh - the fact that he got kneed, I have no real concern for him personally at all! :lol:

But severe foul play is severe foul play. And that's what this was, and needed to be punished accordingly.

Which I don't believe it was.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Originally Posted by black cat
gee you dogs fans are wingers

Hutty1986 said:
That's not correct- I'm sure some Doggies fans don't even play league at all

:lol:

Quite! Personally I play fullback, or at a pinch - five-eighth when required for my local side! So kindly don't lump ME in with those bludging, pretty-boy winger types!!..Out there catching a cold and pisking their nails on the sideline all game - then taking credit for running for 2m over for a try after I've just done all the hard work,getting hammered cleaning up a kick and geting back into play, or busting my nuts making a long break from the back or putting someone thru a gap! Who do they think they are?? :p

Danish

Referee
Timmah said:

In answer to your question: we're asking for consistency. It seems to be sorely lacking in the game's management and the judiciary, as well as the refereeing, at present. The fact Utai gets 5 weeks for a reckless tackle without intent and Morley gets 7 for a clear and deliberate knee to someone is a big fat joke. You can look at my avatar all you like, but it's a single still from an entire event mate. Morley ran from second marker (not first marker, second), his view obstructed, brain snapped, retaliated to something he thought had happened. He pleaded that - a "what if" - and got his sentence greatly reduced from what it should have been. It was a very clear, deliberate hit, with intent to cause pain to the victim. What part of that did you miss?

Utai stopped, summed up the situation, and JUMPED to intentionally stiff arm a bloke to the head.

Quite a bit more dangerous than a light knee to the guts. I believe Big Willy's sliding knees into Morley's back were also overlooked. You know, the ones penalised for a "flop" and that Mason actually apologised for straight after, thinking he was going to cop a pasting.

black cat

Juniors
Timmah said:

there is a pretty simple word in legal terms called defamation,if you are defamed in the press as a certain person was,would you not sue the author,i certainly would defend those allegations if they were incorrect and if they were correct i would just deny it.

we all want consistancy but it will never happen,there is so many differing circumstances between each case.

Fatdog

Juniors
Just after Morely connected with Hughes, Big Willy Mason was about to punch Morely, which in my opinion he had every right to do. Suprisingly he didnt. If any other player had done that I am almost certain that Mason would have tried to put one on their chin. I dont think Mason didnt puch him because Morely is a nice guy. I think he didnt throw one because he was a little bit scared. Now in the papers he has written a lovely letter in support of Morely. If I was Masons teamate i would be absolutley filthy that he didnt stand up for me if I had Just been felled by an illegal knee.

HoLLuS

Juniors
bulldog said:

Yeah I am a Roosters supporter.....and you know what else fool??

I am a girl!

Please enlighten me with your analogy on what exactly my signature means? Although I highly doubt anything intelligent will come of it.

Lancelot Link

Juniors
Danish said:
Utai stopped, summed up the situation, and JUMPED to intentionally stiff arm a bloke to the head.

Quite a bit more dangerous than a light knee to the guts. I believe Big Willy's sliding knees into Morley's back were also overlooked. You know, the ones penalised for a "flop" and that Mason actually apologised for straight after, thinking he was going to cop a pasting.

Utai was at least trying to make a tackle. But in the end - probably got what he deserved suspension-wise, given his record in that dept and his general record at the juduiciary in 2006. Loading - fair enough.

Whereas Morely had NO RIGHT to be where he was, doing what he did! None whatsoever. He set out from the moment his monkey-brain conceived the idea - to deliberately injure another player. Not on!

And geez, is Willie Mason on a hiding to notheg here or what?? if he chinned Morely you'd all be saying "Oh, what a thug! He hasn't changed at all! Blah blah!" and since he showed a bit of restraint, instead it's "What a pussbag! Should have stood up for his teammate! blah blah!" :roll:

I thought it was pretty widely known that Mason and Moz are good mates? And if I was playing against a mate and he did that to one of my teammates - I wouldn't belt him either! Just go up to him & say "What in the @#&$ were you thinking there, mate??!"

I hardly think Mason would be afraid of Morley - I've not seen Morley hammer anyone in a fist-fight? Who knows if the bloke can even go? Webcke is one of the toughest nuts in the NRL for eg - tougher than Morely, let me tell you and been doing it for FAR longer - but he sure as hell can't fight! :lol:

Lancelot Link

Juniors
HoLLuS said:
Yeah I am a Roosters supporter.....and you know what else fool??

I am a girl!

Thought so!

And whilst there are many women that know plenty about Rugby League - in fact, I know some personally myself - You don't appear to be one of those, by the looks of things.

Have a nice day! :)

Chook

First Grade
bulldog said:
Theres a lot more to toughness than laying someone out with a cheap or illegal shot, tell Ruben Wiki or Shane Webcke they're soft - I dare you.

Morleys style of toughness is a remnant of an era long dead, where cheap shots were the norm and sickening incidents weren't examined in such detail as today.

There is no doubt he made an impact, but there's also no doubt he's a thug.

You hypocrites don’t fool me, take the red out of Morley’s jersey and he’s a cult hero at your club.

Chook.

eels_fan_01

Bench
To all the Dogs supporters who are calling Morley a thug and not tough, i think you guys should actually have a look at every tackle Sonny Bill is now adays, hes first season he using hes shoulder now hes a thug worse than Morley.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Chook said:
You hypocrites don’t fool me, take the red out of Morley’s jersey and he’s a cult hero at your club.

Chook.

You are a fool. I mean, there's bias and then there's stupidity. I think you have defined the difference for us. Of course he wouldn't be a cult hero at any club. I love the way you moronic Roosters fans are trying to defend this scum.

I'll put it in simple terms so you can understand: Morley is a thug. Always has been, always will be, and the NRL will be better without him.

Keep moving on back to "The Wall" - you are not welcome here.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
Lancelot Link said:
And geez, is Willie Mason on a hiding to notheg here or what?? if he chinned Morely you'd all be saying "Oh, what a thug! He hasn't changed at all! Blah blah!" and since he showed a bit of restraint, instead it's "What a pussbag! Should have stood up for his teammate! blah blah!" :roll:

Ain't that the truth.

and someone correct me if i am wrong, but the said incident took place between hughes and morley... had mason took a shot at morley would this not constitute as second man in therefore leading to a possible suspension? Rooster fans should know this one, If not ask Ricko from the 2004 Grandfinal....

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
eels_fan_01 said:
To all the Dogs supporters who are calling Morley a thug and not tough, i think you guys should actually have a look at every tackle Sonny Bill is now adays, hes first season he using hes shoulder now hes a thug worse than Morley.

I think there's a difference between a shoulder charge and coming off your line out of play to knee a guy in the face/nuts.

Morley is a tough player, there is no denying that, and perhaps he has copped unfair treatment at times - but not on Saturday night. What he did to Corey was disgraceful.