What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley...

Is Morley the best forward in the game?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Stupid question

• Total voters

Tommy Smith

Referee
McSharkie said:
:lol: There is 2 answers to this. No and Stupid question. He isn't even the best forward at the Roosters, Fitzgibbon, Ricketson, Hindmarsh, Crocker and Flannery are all better. Just because he makes a couple of big hits a month doesn't mean he is good.

He isn't in the top 20.
I'll remind you of your stupidity after tonight once he's smashed the Panthers and earned a DallyM point or three.

Hindmarsh :roll: I think i'll take the word of every expert in the game from Lozza to the Wok who agree that Morley is an absolute champion over a jealous Sharks fan.

How's Lomu going btw? :lol: I suppose he's better than Morley too. :lol:

mickdo

Coach
Just because people fear him because they are worried he will take their heads off doesn't make him the best forward. Geez... talk about no idea.

melon....

Coach
McSharkie said:
:lol: There is 2 answers to this. No and Stupid question. He isn't even the best forward at the Roosters, Fitzgibbon, Ricketson, Hindmarsh, Crocker and Flannery are all better. Just because he makes a couple of big hits a month doesn't mean he is good.

He isn't in the top 20.
When did we get Hindmarsh? Maybe I should ask StImbaman. before he creates a thread titled "Roosters after Hindmarsh!".

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
On tonight's form, Clinton, Lang, Puletua, and Gulavao were all better than Morley.
Morley will never be the world's best until he rectifies his technique problem.

Big Mick

Referee
melon.... said:
Morley is not the best in the world. He is the most intimidating and the most feared. Fitzgibbon, who is down a little on form is the best forward in the world.

Seems Clinton, Puletua, Lang, Ross, Waterhouse, Galuvao, Priddis, Rodney wern't real intimidated by Morley on Friday night.

melon....

Coach
Big Mick said:
melon.... said:
Morley is not the best in the world. He is the most intimidating and the most feared. Fitzgibbon, who is down a little on form is the best forward in the world.

Seems Clinton, Puletua, Lang, Ross, Waterhouse, Galuvao, Priddis, Rodney wern't real intimidated by Morley on Friday night.
Seems Gowers Academy Award Performance ensured Morley had to tone it down. Seems if Gower cant beat them fairly, he'll try anything.

Seems Gower ensured Morley got put on report as Mander would have only penalised him if it wasnt for Craig Kidman's acting skills. I guess whatever helps Gower beat his opponents...gutless or not.

Southernsaint

Staff member
melon.... said:
Big Mick said:
melon.... said:

Seems Gowers Academy Award Performance ensured Morley had to tone it down. Seems if Gower cant beat them fairly, he'll try anything.

Seems Gower ensured Morley got put on report as Mander would have only penalised him if it wasnt for Craig Kidman's acting skills. I guess whatever helps Gower beat his opponents...gutless or not.

You keep believing that, Melon.

Cheers,
Ben S.

PB

Bench
melon.... said:

Sorry Melon, but thats just crap.

The dumbest thing about that tackle was that Gower had opened himself up to get smashed in the mid riff, yet Morley still decided, "nah, don't like the look of that, think i'll try knock his ears off."

As for the Poll, it's simple really:
If you can't master the art of tackling (an important part of being a football player), you can't be regarded as one of the best in the world.

Surandy

Bench
JJ said:
for the record, I think it's a stupid question. He's one of many that are very very good. But others keep saying he is...

Say what?!?!?!?

I thought "stupid question" meant that of course he's a bloody crap forward!

He is a thug when it comes to head high tackles and should be suspended from the game permanently.

aqua_duck

Coach
If Shane Webcke is not the best forward in the world than I'll give it up, he's proven that consistently for nthe past few years, proved it on the kangaroo tour and has proved it numerous times in origin, and for thje record I hate the broncos and QLD with a passion.

Seriously I don't think Morley would get so much attention if he wasn't a Pom, I mean I think League writers want competitive test matches hence talking up Pommie players if they even look half decent, Ruben Wiki hits as hard as Morley, isn't as dirty and can actually make line breaks (which is something Morley can't do).

I know stats aren't everything but here are some of Morley's stats from last season:

games:23
line breaks:2
offloads:16
metres per match:90.3

Wiki:
matches:24
line breaks:11
offloads:27
metres per match:120.3

Webcke:
matches:24
line breask:4
off loads:43
metres per match:116

Ben Kennedy:
matches:13
line breask:3
off loads:36
metres per match:126.6

Tallis:
matches:18
line breaks:9
off loads:50
metres per match:107.6

I mean looking at those stats (even though stats aren't everything) would you say Morley is anywhere near the best forward in the world?

Latest posts