What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley's penalty

Fairfax

Juniors
There's Souths fans whining that he should have been sent off.

Smith is about to launch in to one of his anti-Morley crusades again.

MEATWAD

Juniors
Cammo said:
So it is ok to take people high all the time is it? No problem with taking someone out and seeing him miss the rest of the game? In that case Lamb's tackle in the 88 Grand Final was a beauty then. The fact is Morely is a repeat offender. He never learns. If it was his first infringement then you could understand, but he just keeps doing it over and over again. I used to be a Morely fan and a defender of him, but you can only defend someone for so long. Eventually they have to learn for themselves and Morely has not done so. The fact that he keeps on going high means he will never learn and should be out for good.

One round ago (i.e. last year), that tackle was nothing but a good league tackle. So while I agree Morley has had problems in the past, I don't agree that that tackle shows repeat infringment; the rules have changed. And also I think that Morley suffers from the whole "reputation" thing -- look at his send off last year -- purely on his "reputation".

Cammo

Bench
MEATWAD said:
One round ago (i.e. last year), that tackle was nothing but a good league tackle. So while I agree Morley has had problems in the past, I don't agree that that tackle shows repeat infringment; the rules have changed. And also I think that Morley suffers from the whole "reputation" thing -- look at his send off last year -- purely on his "reputation".
If it is his repuation that is the big problem why hasn't he changed his tackling style? He continually gets pinged for going high and either he changes his style or doesn't play anymore. We don't want to see more players ending up like Walker did today.

ByRd

First Grade
He made contact with Walkers head, can you fkin rooster fans take you bias glasses off and see that the tackle was illegal. And its not only because its Morley if any player had dones this then they should be penalised. So just admit that Morley did wrong and that incident turned the game into the chooks favour and allowed them to win. Morley at least 6 wks.

yobbo84

Coach
As of this year, shoulder on head is the same as arm on head or anything else for that matter. Morely is in serious trouble. 10 weeks I'd say.

P.S. Regardless of that tackle I think we still would've lost anyway. We were rubbish in the 2nd half.

melon....

Coach
Cammo said:
If it is his repuation that is the big problem why hasn't he changed his tackling style? He continually gets pinged for going high and either he changes his style or doesn't play anymore. We don't want to see more players ending up like Walker did today.
Lets bsee if sonny b changes his style and learns how to tackle...actually lets see if he makes an on field appearance.

Cammo

Bench
yobbo84 said:
As of this year, shoulder on head is the same as arm on head or anything else for that matter. Morely is in serious trouble. 10 weeks I'd say.

P.S. Regardless of that tackle I think we still would've lost anyway. We were rubbish in the 2nd half.
I agree, I don't think the decision totally cost you the game. If you were up to the task then you would have not let the try in, and not let all the other tries in as well. I do think however that Morely needs to be punished severely and at the very least given a final warning.

melon....

Coach
yobbo84 said:

dead right Yobb....we gave you opportunities in the first half and you took them..you ran out of steam as we ramped up in half 2.

Cammo

Bench
melon.... said:
Lets bsee if sonny b changes his style and learns how to tackle...actually lets see if he makes an on field appearance.
If Sonny stays injured and The Dogs release him then so be it. At least he wasn't suspended out of the game.

MEATWAD

Juniors
Big Willie,

I am not denying the tackle was illegal. But only according to rule introduced this year. What I am denying is the idiotic knee-jerk reaction that some on the forum have been carrying on with since it happened. (and also Warren Smith going on and on about it on Fox).

As I have said about three times, it's not as if he came over with a swinging arm.

MEATWAD said:
Big Willie,

I am not denying the tackle was illegal. But only according to rule introduced this year. What I am denying is the idiotic knee-jerk reaction that some on the forum have been carrying on with since it happened. (and also Warren Smith going on and on about it on Fox).

As I have said about three times, it's not as if he came over with a swinging arm.

But fact remains........he still made contact with the head ........6-8 weeks

Fairfax

Juniors
parra pete said:
The League should adopt Rugby Union's 'no shoulder charge' rule. That eliminates any problem

Sonny Bill Papworth will lose a bunch of zeros off his next contract if they do that.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I guess you Roosters fans know how us Raiders fans felt when Woolford copped his suspension last year. The loading system is a farce.

Cammo

Bench
Fairfax said:
Sonny Bill Papworth will lose a bunch of zeros off his next contract if they do that.

No, he will lose those when he next sneezes and breaks his nose in the process.

paulp

Juniors
Carlito said:
i thought robinson was blatantly favouring the home team for the vast majority of the game if we are talking about biased reffing here.

Penalty count ?

Latest posts