What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morley's penalty

sunny

This stuff with Morley is getting ridiculous. Signing him is not worth it because he's out suspended half the time, he ought to be treated the same as an injury-prone player when it comes to contract time.

lazza

Juniors
I think everyone should do hitups with their heads to earn penalties.

no way was it worth a send off..

Prodigiousman's analysis is correct - when i saw the hit on marshall i too thought it was high - and if its any contact with the head, then a broken cheekbone should result in off for the season.

I think this tackle was more accidental, and poor play from walker for holding onto the ball for too long.. lets see him try that play again in the NRL!

walker was also falling and trying to step and morley also hunched over trying to make the tackle. everyone's overreacting to the tackle IMO

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Morley's hit I didnt think was as bad as everyone is making it out to be. Warren Smith reckons he should have been sent off?? I don't think it was a send off offence TBH. But at the end of the day, u cannot attack the head of an opposing player, whether it be with the point of ur shoulder, or an elbow or an arm. I'd say he'll get around 3-5 weeks.

fatshark

Bench
I can remember 6 years ago jamie Ainscoyte did the same thing to Matt Rogers and smashed his nose all over his face. not even a raised eyebrow from the NRL

Danish

Referee
fatshark said:
I can remember 6 years ago jamie Ainscoyte did the same thing to Matt Rogers and smashed his nose all over his face. not even a raised eyebrow from the NRL

you dont need to go back so far.......

Timmins knocked Hunt out cold last year. No penalty at the time and no time on the sidelines (an early plea saw to that). that was a swinging stiff arm to the falling head of Hunt.

Or how bout last year's hit of the year?? Morley on Guttenbiel. The media loved it. Same thing only a complete accident and the media are "sickened".......:roll:

Balmain Bug

Juniors
imasharkie said:
should be sent for the whole season and rorters deducted their points for the illegal win.
Jason rooster Robinson sent to the lower grades for the year. A disgraceful decision by him not to look at the incident when it happened.

I agree. Souths deserve an apology from the NRL.

Cletus

First Grade
I finally saw the tackle and Morley is going to go for a while, mainly due to his previous record. He just needs to get his tackles down.

Danish

Referee
I've had a look at the judiciary section on the NRL site.....

And honestly he cannot possibly be out for any more than 7 weeks.

Its going to be graded reckless. And worst case scenario is 700 odd points including loading and an early guilty plea. In all likelihood he should only get a grade 1-3 which will see him on the side lines for 3-5 weeks.

parra pete

Referee
MEATWAD said:
Apparently the caller to Hadley was not really Canavan but a hoax. So I guess I was wrong about Hadley. Still I can't stand the bloke.

Hadley was 'bagging' Laurie Daley and asked queried what Laurie did during the off season
One thing Lozza doesn't do is visit lobster farms on the Central Coast like young Bozo and Tezza. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They could make a good song about that..change "In an Octopus's Garden"...that'd be funny wouldn't it :lol:

Balmain_Boy

I've only seen one angle, but it looked like he hit him with the point of the shoulder. I thought this was legal (not that it should be)?

SOULS 04

Juniors
thats what i was my concerned about the way he came in with the top of the shoulder so it wasnt so much a standard shoulder charge. i think he was careless with it and should be in a fair bit of trouble.

also there the shoulder charge comparisons with sbw.... i havent seen sbw hit in the head... he hits shoulder to shoulder from what ive seen or at worst to chest.

i think roosters still would have won but not by as much.

gregstar

Referee
as has been mentioned already, any contact with the head this year is now deemed illegal. be it shoulder, forearm, chest, the rule was changed before this season started.

given his shocking record, morley is in deep poo.

anjado

Juniors
I don't think there was nothing in it to be honest
i believe as long as its not a swinging arm.
He should'nt be suspended.
The way Warren Smith was carrying on you would of thought we had just seen another Danny Williams incident.
There have been numerous tackles like this go unpunished this season.
There were 2 similair tackles in the Charity shield for starters.
If we listened to the likes of Warren Smith we would be playing ballet
the way he constantly complains about things.
I honestly dont see anything wrong with it for starters Walker has Ducked into it.All players will have to do now is run with there head down and they will recieve a penalty. I honestly think if Walker was'nt knocked out nothing would of become of it.Or if it was a player with a cleaner record
we need players like Morley in the game otherwise the game's hard men will be the like's of Ryles and Perry.I hate the Rossters as much as the next person but i believe there is absolutely nothing in this tackle.
Even if they have changed the rules its a stupid rule change.
he clearly ducked into the tackle and got hit with the point of the shoulder.
It's something we have seen in league since the game first started.
and i Don't see it as a problem today a player shouldn't be suspended for a high tackle unless it was delibarate or a swinging arm.

effnic

Bench
Eveyone is asking why wasnt he sent off. If you were the ref would you want to send off any of Ricky Stuarts boys and hear his whinging for the rest of the season.

brendothejet

First Grade
he went in hard and wasnt really even looking at the guy.

Unfair that he'll cop a long time.

I reckon the extended elbow that connected with barrets head on friday was far far worse.

drake

First Grade
I think Morley is a good prop, good hard tackler, but he needs to spend some time with victims of brain injury and see what can happen to a person. Over the years he has consistantly gotten into trouble for attacking the head of other players.

This most recent incident was pretty scary, and the Rabbitohs have a legitimate reason to feel robbed, they lost their plamaker and Morley got put on report after his team scored a try in the same set he knocked Walker's head off.

It needs to be driven home to him just how bloody dangerous it is for a man of his size to hit an opponents head at speed, before someone ends up with a permanant brain injury. He looks like the kind of guy who doesn't mean to, but the fact he's done it so many times begs the question; when will he learn?