What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moronic Union*tes

VictoryFC

Bench
Ok, I dont even care about your argument with Girondin, but worldwide 50-100 million estimate for grand final is laughable.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Girondin, read the post again. Audience kick off was 200k, not 700k.

And half the audience was lost at half time. Not even the most lopsided Leagfue game loses half it's audience, unless the League viewers suddenly see a line out!

Secondly, that comment " Union that gets played in europe.." wasn't mine f**ktard.

NRL GF - 3.8 million from 21 million pop. Not including viewers through TV1 in NZ, Sky in UK, Fox in the US, Star in Asia.....Rough est 50-100 million.

Fat 14: 4.2 million out of 64 million. Equals 1.4 million per 21 million - and no global exposure. Slightly less than Darts, I guess :lol:

Wow, you should be a statistican for Winfield. I am sure you could make smoking actually healthy again with that sort of creative accounting!!!!!!!!!

Loudstrat

Coach
But yeah, keep ignoring the economics behind SBW, Gasnier, and many All Blacks' arrival in Europe. It must be those sugar daddies....

SBW has averaged about 50% time off injured since being graded in 1994. IN that time the Kiwis have played about 22 internationals since SBW debued for them. I think he's been injured for 18 of them. So if you've effectively paid Beckham money for him.

Gasnier, too, has been injury prone. Missed most of last year, a fair chunk of 06, and been out since Origin until last weekend.

Bore blacks, who cares? French Yawnion can throw the Eifful Tower at them for all we care. When you get a real top shelf leaguie - not one whos either injury prone, over 30, or has a substance abuse problem to the point of admission to asylum, let us know. All those overtures your mob made to Johns, Hindmarsh, Mason et al were fruitless. Pity the Germans won't lend a hand like they did in 1940, ay!

Girondin

Juniors
Girondin, read the post again. Audience kick off was 200k, not 700k.
I read it, and corrected it. The "source" though a union one, misread the French press.

NRL GF- 3.8 million from 21 million pop. Not including viewers through TV1 in NZ, Sky in UK, Fox in the US, Star in Asia.....Rough est 50-100 million.
:lol::lol::lol: LOOOLI'll be generous, let's say it's 4.5 million worldwide. Btw Top 14 is broadcast in just as many countries, but I'm not claiming 50-100 million French expatriates watch it hahaha.
I never said that there are more rugby fans per capita in France. There are just more rugby fans in France than RL fans in Australia in real terms. But I see the growing insecurity in you. 2 hours ago you'd have put your house on Superleague being bigger than Top 14 and the NRL GF outrating the Top 14 one. Just be thankful I didn't propose such a bet at the time :D

Loudstrat

Coach
Ok, I dont even care about your argument with Girondin, but worldwide 50-100 million estimate for grand final is laughable.

Maybe, who knows? I would have thought that the small percentage of Asians with pay tv surfing around and landing on that strange, yet exciting game in Sydney might add up to something out of, what, 3 billion people?

Still, don't see you Yawnion trolls commenting on Union being 3 times more ignored in France than the NRL GF is in Oz. BTW, that's on the same weekend as the other big sporting event on our national calandar as well. What's yours up against? Great snail cooking shows? Iron Chef maybe? Or...DARTS???????

Loudstrat

Coach
I read it, and corrected it. The "source" though a union one, misread the French press.

:lol::lol::lol: LOOOLI'll be generous, let's say it's 4.5 million worldwide. Btw Top 14 is broadcast in just as many countries, but I'm not claiming 50-100 million French expatriates watch it hahaha.
I never said that there are more rugby fans per capita in France. There are just more rugby fans in France than RL fans in Australia in real terms. But I see the growing insecurity in you. 2 hours ago you'd have put your house on Superleague being bigger than Top 14 and the NRL GF outrating the Top 14 one. Just be thankful I didn't propose such a bet at the time :D

I never put my house on anything. I DID say the NRL was the biggest of all. I stand by that - our comp also incldes NZ - and I haven't got stats for that. However, Origin matches have nabbed up to 60% of the Kiwi viewing audience before. Wouldn't be hard pressed to imagine up to 500k watching in the Shaky Isles alone.

Besides, 2 more teams in the NRL than Fat 14. Equals greater audience. Simple.

Yeah, but of course 700k watch Union, just that by halftime 650k are now watching Darts.

VictoryFC

Bench
Maybe, who knows? I would have thought that the small percentage of Asians with pay tv surfing around and landing on that strange, yet exciting game in Sydney might add up to something out of, what, 3 billion people?

Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that. :lol: If the Grand Final got 5 million people worldwide, that would be amazing. You're living in a dream world, and for someone who is big on stats, your hypothesis that people would tune in just because you think something is exciting is preposterous, and quite frankly wrong. :lol:

Yngwie_70

Juniors
I never put my house on anything. I DID say the NRL was the biggest of all. I stand by that - our comp also incldes NZ - and I haven't got stats for that. However, Origin matches have nabbed up to 60% of the Kiwi viewing audience before. Wouldn't be hard pressed to imagine up to 500k watching in the Shaky Isles alone.

Besides, 2 more teams in the NRL than Fat 14. Equals greater audience. Simple.

Yeah, but of course 700k watch Union, just that by halftime 650k are now watching Darts.

Thats 1/6 of their population watching a game that starts at 10 pm. Do you still think so?

Loudstrat

Coach
Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that. :lol: If the Grand Final got 5 million people worldwide, that would be amazing. You're living in a dream world, and for someone who is big on stats, your hypothesis that people would tune in just because you think something is exciting is preposterous, and quite frankly wrong. :lol:

Yes, I guess you are right. Evidence: Yawnion World Cup, Top 14, Super 14.....

BTW, said it was a rough estimate, not a stat. Still, how do you account for the fact that you can't knock off friggin DARTS ffs!!!! Avoid that one like you avoid tries and sweat!!!! And contracts!

VictoryFC

Bench
Yes, I guess you are right. Evidence: Yawnion World Cup, Top 14, Super 14.....

BTW, said it was a rough estimate, not a stat. Still, how do you account for the fact that you can't knock off friggin DARTS ffs!!!! Avoid that one like you avoid tries and sweat!!!! And contracts!

You're talking to the wrong person. My game is soccer sadly. Btw, the Brits love their darts:cool:

Loudstrat

Coach
Thats 1/6 of their population watching a game that starts at 10 pm. Do you still think so?

Well, if the game starts at 10pm, maybe that reflects French culture. Here, games start at 8 at the latest. And remember, for half the country, the broadcast starts at midnight.

Maybe they delay yawnion in France because Darts is on beforehand.

Yngwie_70

Juniors
Well, if the game starts at 10pm, maybe that reflects French culture. Here, games start at 8 at the latest. And remember, for half the country, the broadcast starts at midnight.

Maybe they delay yawnion in France because Darts is on beforehand.

What time does an Australian game starting at 8pm appear on NZ TV?

Tommax25

Bench
It's fascinating how quick the word "troll" comes up when you (and a few others) are presented with an unconvenient truth. Actual facts that challenge your certitudes.

It's all the more fascinating as I'm not talking anybody up or down but just taking part in various conversations, which I think is the very concept of a forum.

Excelsior! Does league have to defend against global warming too?

Girondin

Juniors
Darts outrate RL tests in the UK, and the Challenge Cup on FTA. Does it make them better than RL in your views?

Btw you're struggling to cope with the reality of French rugby. I understand why you feel shell-shocked. This has been a tough day for you. The NRL is not the highest rating comp of any code, i know that goes against all you've been told since childhood...:lol:

Tommax25

Bench

Actually, per capita is considered real terms, for the exact reason of the two countries populations. But I think 50-100 mill is insane, I agree with you there fella, but not with your definitions of real. I will give you this: the top 14 GF had higher ratings than the nrl GF in term of the number of people watching. However, 4.2 out of 60 million compared to 3.8 out of 21 million, theres no comparison.

Loudstrat

Coach
No, it's the highest rating comp of Rugby Codes. Also doubt your Darts allegation - not backed up by stats either.

League doesn't have a problem with Darts. It's probably the most exercise a Union forward gets. We all saw how Wendell returned after almost a decade with Yawnion's stringent training regimes. I guess by October SBW will be to fat to run away from subpoenas.

The NRL is not the highest rating comp of any code
Never said it was. Falls far short of the NFL and quite a few domestic soccer comps. Yet it blitzes anything Yawnion can throw at it - be it bodgey TV ratings, or darts.

And only 75K for your Vichy GF? LOL - Pommy tests and Challenge Cup Finals have a long history of dwarfing crowds like that!!!!

Girondin

Juniors
Actually, per capita is considered real terms, for the exact reason of the two countries populations. But I think 50-100 mill is insane, I agree with you there fella, but not with your definitions of real. I will give you this: the top 14 GF had higher ratings than the nrl GF in term of the number of people watching. However, 4.2 out of 60 million compared to 3.8 out of 21 million, theres no comparison.
My mistake re real terms. But you got my point. And I agree with you, there are many more RL fans in Australia per capita than rugby fans in France.

My point was to explain the economics. Money wise (advertising revenues etc) it is raw numbers that count. It doesn't matter if it's 4.2 million out of 60 or 4.2 out of 20. As you can see our friend Loudstrat lives on a different planet, I was just showing him that there are strong domestic competitions outside the NRL.

Girondin

Juniors
No, it's the highest rating comp of Rugby Codes. Also doubt your Darts allegation - not backed up by stats either.

League doesn't have a problem with Darts. It's probably the most exercise a Union forward gets. We all saw how Wendell returned after almost a decade with Yawnion's stringent training regimes. I guess by October SBW will be to fat to run away from subpoenas.

Never said it was. Falls far short of the NFL and quite a few domestic soccer comps. Yet it blitzes anything Yawnion can throw at it - be it bodgey TV ratings, or darts.

And only 75K for your Vichy GF? LOL - Pommy tests and Challenge Cup Finals have a long history of dwarfing crowds like that!!!!
In a way I envy you. Must be so sweet, living in your comfortable imaginary world.

Latest posts