What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moronic Union*tes

Loudstrat

Coach
Yes, watching league is infinitely the key to a sweeter life than the rampant boredom and lonliness of a delusional Yawnion fan.

So you denying that 75k is less than 90k? Are you the accountant at Toloun?

Should have signed Johnny Raper. He's had more game time lately.

Girondin

Juniors
Yes, watching league is infinitely the key to a sweeter life than the rampant boredom and lonliness of a delusional Yawnion fan.

So you denying that 75k is less than 90k? Are you the accountant at Toloun?

Should have signed Johnny Raper. He's had more game time lately.
Who said the Top 14 final got 75k? You did. It got 79k, i.e. a capacity crowd. Sorry, we are poor people in France, we don't have 80k+ capacity stadiums.

But we still get economic refugees from Australasia ready to jump on a plane and leave everything behind in hope for a better life :lol:

Loudstrat

Coach
Mate, if France wants to be the great sh*t magnet of Europe, off ya go. SBW leaving Oz for France improves the IQ of both countries.

It got 79k, i.e. a capacity crowd.
Again, sh*t crowd. Paris has, what, 11.6 million. Sydney has 4.1. One third. one third of your wonderful Fat 14 crowds suddenly looks like a Souths v Cowpats charity match at Redfern!

Last edited:
Mate, if France wants to be the great sh*t magnet of Europe, off ya go. SBW leaving Oz for France improves the IQ of both countries.

Again, sh*t crowd. Paris has, what, 11.6 million. Sydney has 4.1. One third. one third of your wonderful Fat 14 crowds suddenly looks like a Souths v Cowpats charity match at Redfern!

It's funny that behind a computer, people offend more easily others.
I don't doubt, of course that you would have the balls to repeat it, if you were in front of me.:roll:

Lungfish

Juniors
Leauge is going to struggle to increase it’s market share simply because they are not large enough on the international scale and cannot compete with the huge amounts of cash available to union and soccer. And as for AFL, while it will be unlikely to take off internationally it has done an excellent job of building the porfile of the game from the grass roots level and that has had a flow on effect in terms of the number of people watching and playing the game which in turn attracts more money through sponsorship and tv rights e.t.c.
The longer that Leauge fans delude themselves into thinking that their game is in good shape the worse their game will become. Already leauge is losing the battle in NSW primary schools with AFL providing excellent programs in NSW and indeed the rest of the country. The key for a long term future for any sport is getting kids at the grass roots level and this is an area which has long been neglected by both rugby codes it must be said, and with soccer on the rise that battle is only going to get harder.
The simple facts of the matter are that Union is a much bigger game internationally than leauge and therefore has access to more cash, which enables the poaching/recruiting (depending which side of the fence your on) of top line leauge players. When union was still an amatuer sport the defections were the other way around, but the tables have well and truly turned and are now running off into the distance leaving leauge scratching it’s head trying to figure out how they are going to compete to get the market share they want.
The nature of the professional sports these days is one that is money driven and less driven by the love of the sport (or club). Given the number of high profile leauge players defecting to union for the big money this century, it’s safe to assume that more and more players are going to seek out oppurtunities elsewhere. Already rumours are surronding Thurston and Ingliss, perhaps the two biggest stars of the game. Gasnier has already signed up for Union in France next year and Tahu has made his debut for the Wally B’s this year, Brad Thorn the yoyo of the rugby world has gone back to union and the list is only going to get longer. No sport can cope with losing it’s top line players and realistically there is little in the way to stop this player drain that leauge is experiencing.

http://blogs.thewest.com.au/sport/john-townsend-things-not-so-sonny-for-league/?co=1

I dont know if i can agree with a bloke that can't spell LEAGUE!

Loudstrat

Coach
It's funny that behind a computer, people offend more easily others.
I don't doubt, of course that you would have the balls to repeat it, if you were in front of me.:roll:

In a second, numbnuts. Aussies always speak the truth. But if you wanna play internet heroes, off ya go. It's a public forum. Cant take the heat - especially when I'm replying in kind to someone else - then f**k off. Simple.

If you are to precious for the internet, maybe you should log off. Or not take things personally.

So France is a sh*thole? It's still nicer than Calcutta :)

In a second, numbnuts. Aussies always speak the truth. But if you wanna play internet heroes, off ya go. It's a public forum. Cant take the heat - especially when I'm replying in kind to someone else - then f**k off. Simple.

If you are to precious for the internet, maybe you should log off. Or not take things personally.

So France is a sh*thole? It's still nicer than Calcutta :)

I should not take thing personally, when you insult french? :lol:
Aussies always speak the truth? It's rather funny, that you always come to say us, we would speak german if americans had not been there. But you never say that without them, you in Australia, would speak Japanese.:sarcasm:

Loudstrat

Coach
Actually, that quote from mangeur de grenouilles sounds very much like SBW in the Weidler interview.

Which begs the question...

Q What makes a Frenchman more scared than a blitzkrieg from the German 6th Army?

A An Aussie with a subpoena!

Loudstrat

Coach
Wrong again. Kokoda. We beat the Japs before the Yanks got anywhere near PNG.

I was actually more referring to the English, as well as the Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians in 1916-18. Check out the school playground at Villiers-Bretonneux.

Oh, and in the hand of Austro - French relations, France is probably about as nice as Brisbane.

Last edited:

Girondin

Juniors

I was actually more referring to the English, as well as the Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians in 1916-18. Check out the school playground at Villiers-Bretonneux.

Oh, and in the hand of Austro - French relations, France is probably about as nice as Brisbane.
Meanwhile, Aussie RL was taking advantage, while union players were fighting in Europe. You know, when you were shamelessly redoubling your efforts in Sydney while union had suspended their competitions. ;-) Ouch, I hit a nerve...

At least your nation's most famous ambassadors had the decency to honour their predecessors during the last RWC.
610x.jpg

Pete Cash

Post Whore

ahahah yes that one victory proves we didn't need the Americans (hint we did)

Also you might want to open up a history book because there was an American company involved in the final Australian victory and the lead general of the Australian forces was an American. You are aware that John Curtin made Douglas Macarthur the head of the Australian armed forces in like 1942 (Who was last I checked an American) and they had entered the PNG campaign in early 1942.

American involvement in world war 2 in the pacific campaign was more important than American involvement in world war 2 in the Western campaign (even though it was still crucial) this is because the Eastern Campaign had damaged Germany so much it was pretty much finished regardless.

EDIT

If it wasn't for the channel Hitler would have probably rolled over England pretty easy at the start of the war. France cops a lot of flak for world war 2 but as was shown in the Eastern campaign the Germans could lose a lot of life. England was in deep trouble without a body of water separating them from the Germans at the start of world war 2. They were also kept a float by FDR and his push to help the allies even with his own congress being against it.

The facts are that Germany lost most of her men fighting the USSR. They managed to kill 10 million Russians more or less during that campaign and lost 5 million. They would have just rolled over England. The USSR had an obscene amount of people to draw an army from, something like a population three times larger than Englands.

And could you imagine if Australia was somehow in Europe connected by land to Germany lol. Giving France a hard time for Germany rolling them is historically ignorant. Germany would have rolled any country in the world it was connected to, besides the USSR (obviously) and the USA.

Last edited:

russ13

First Grade
Letter to the SMH Sports' Section, 2 Aug 2008:

C’mon Peter Fitzsimons (Blue, White & red-faced, but this is c’est la vivie, SMH , July 29), tell us the real story of French rugby union; provincially stuck in the south of France with only a Paris based club giving away a truck load of free tickets, a competition strugglig for crowds with the only saving grace a lot of rich owners with nothing better to do than waste money on a poor spectacle of a sport.

Matt Steele, Corinda, Queensland[/quote]

Girondin

Juniors
Letter to the SMH Sports' Section, 2 Aug 2008:

C’mon Peter Fitzsimons (Blue, White & red-faced, but this is c’est la vivie, SMH , July 29), tell us the real story of French rugby union; provincially stuck in the south of France with only a Paris based club giving away a truck load of free tickets, a competition strugglig for crowds with the only saving grace a lot of rich owners with nothing better to do than waste money on a poor spectacle of a sport.

Matt Steele, Corinda, Queensland
A bit of research would do you no harm ;-)

Actually, that quote from mangeur de grenouilles sounds very much like SBW in the Weidler interview.

Which begs the question...

Q What makes a Frenchman more scared than a blitzkrieg from the German 6th Army?

A An Aussie with a subpoena!

:lol:

thats a good one

Girondin

Juniors
If it wasn't for the channel Hitler would have probably rolled over England pretty easy at the start of the war. France cops a lot of flak for world war 2 but as was shown in the Eastern campaign the Germans could lose a lot of life. England was in deep trouble without a body of water separating them from the Germans at the start of world war 2. They were also kept a float by FDR and his push to help the allies even with his own congress being against it.
First time i've seen this point made spontaneously by an English-speaking person! Thank you, tbh even the US forces as they stood in 1939 would have been destroyed by the Wehrmacht, had they had a common frontier.

Admittedly France should have prepared better to face a neighbour like that, but Hitler's rise was so quick. And England wasn't better prepared in 1939. The Channel just bought them some time to defend and arm themselves. Anyway, history teaches that a democracy with a dictatorship on its doorstep is always gonna endure a torrid time...

with toulose coming into SL in 2012 and les cats now a threat to USAP, i wonder if the FFR will be pulling out old editions of mein kamph.

good to see the people of france taking so well to RL again, they really love the sport

Girondin

Juniors
with toulose coming into SL in 2012 and les cats now a threat to USAP, i wonder if the FFR will be pulling out old editions of mein kamph.

good to see the people of france taking so well to RL again, they really love the sport
Indeed, there is massive potential for RL in France. Hopefully, Toulouse will get admission in 2012. Pity they couldn't this time, but I can understand the choice of a Welsh team. Instead of being paranoid when confronted with the strong stats of French rugby, genuine League fans should take heart and see the underlying appetite for rugby codes.

As French supporters are not sectarian (unlike others...), there is scope for both codes and I for one hope we will be a powerhouse in both one day.

Btw I don't think USAP which post record attendances year after year feel too threatened by the Dragons. And that's fine, this RU/RL mad area can easily accomodate both clubs.

Indeed, there is massive potential for RL in France. Hopefully, Toulouse will get admission in 2012. Pity they couldn't this time, but I can understand the choice of a Welsh team. Instead of being paranoid when confronted with the strong stats of French rugby, genuine League fans should take heart and see the underlying appetite for rugby codes.

As French supporters are not sectarian (unlike others...), there is scope for both codes and I for one hope we will be a powerhouse in both one day.

Btw I don't think USAP which post record attendances year after year feel too threatened by the Dragons. And that's fine, this RU/RL mad area can easily accomodate both clubs.

strong potential in france?

please all RL is doing now is taking back what was stolen by the vichies and their allies in the FFR.

france has shown in the past when given a choice between league and union, league wins.

so it will be again.

Latest posts