What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris Officially Released (After Round 2)

Ads

First Grade
Hope we pursue that Roosters bloke now that the Roosters say we are free to negotiate.

We need another quality middle in the squad. We seem to be cursed with injuries these days and we need all the quality depth we can get.

I’ve lurked on the Roosters forum and they don’t want to lose him. They think he has some quality about him.
24 and still hasn’t made it. I think we’ve got enough of those type of players. We need to pick up a back from somewhere. Some young gun must be looking for a chance at a top 30 spot.

Weaponhead

Coach
Hope we pursue that Roosters bloke now that the Roosters say we are free to negotiate.

We need another quality middle in the squad. We seem to be cursed with injuries these days and we need all the quality depth we can get.

I’ve lurked on the Roosters forum and they don’t want to lose him. They think he has some quality about him.
Do you think Easts give up a player they rate? No chance.

You cant really blame the board, or the powers that be. With Morris' money we have to sign two players to fall into line with the NRL guidelines, add to the fact that we are $350K behind the others because of a salary cap fine.

You can kind of blame Flange as a few of his signings are getting paid a bit more than what they are worth, but we were under the cap when they were signed (pre fine). Also, who signed off on the deals???

You can kind of blame Baz Russell as this is the result of self reporting. In saying that, if it was found out later we would have paid for it a lot dearer.

You can blame Lyal Gorman, IF he was the one setting up all those back room deals, without them we wouldnt be getting fined and would still be able to keep Morris.
Funny how he (Gorman) just got quietly trotted off into the sunset.
I wonder if he did it like a pig? (squealed)

24 and still hasn’t made it. I think we’ve got enough of those type of players. We need to pick up a back from somewhere. Some young gun must be looking for a chance at a top 30 spot.

Toby Rudolf is 24 and he’s making his debut this year and Braden Uele is 25 and made his debut at 24.

Forwards can take longer to mature.

Just saying....

Ads

First Grade
Toby Rudolf is 24 and he’s making his debut this year and Braden Uele is 25 and made his debut at 24.

Forwards can take longer to mature.

Just saying....
They can. And as you’ve just highlighted we don’t really need another prop. Backs on the other hand...

txta2

Bench
And the Rooters system is different to the Sharks.They won't persist with an average player, they just cherry pick a better one.

Quigs

Immortal
Bloody Ryan Hall always reminds me of the big dumb kid in the juniors. The big kid that everytime he gets the ball his mates yell and point down field to indicate where he should run.

How do you not get farked over when you have zero leverage in the situation?

Roosters knew we had to release Morris to be cap compliant by June 30.

How we got to this situation is because of farkups with inflated long contracts to inconsistent and injury riddled players and naive administration who thankfully have now farked off.

If the Club has learnt any lessons from the above and doesn’t make the same mistakes it’s worth the pain otherwise if they haven’t it will be ground hog day.

Dino taking the reigns was a smart move.

Less new faces in the joint the better at this point of time.

We need stability and to stay on course with the least friction and set backs possible.