What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris to tigers

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Gronk said:
Widders, Wade & Morris were all given permission to negotiate after they knocked back reasonable offers. Maybe the Telegraph should ask these players why they think they deserve contract upgrades ?

From what I was told Morris would of earned more at the Eels for next season than he would for any year of his 3yr deal at the Wests Tigers (of course not the total amount of the 3yr deal).

I think you will find the main reason that Morris left was he wanted more than 1yr contract extension from Parra where as the Wests Tigers offered him a 3yr deal and to play outside of Benji.

The Tele is always out to get the Eels, but isn't anyone who doesn't support the team ;-)

Freak2

Juniors
I'd check your souce there MT!

My understanding is all players coming off contract this year for the Eels. (Except Morro & Stringer) have all been offered small contracted figures and yes small terms.

All players that have announced a move are all moving on bigger coin.

As a club we have consistently paid overs to get players to the club and I have a feeling Hagan does not want to pay overs for any players for season 2007. Perhaps after his first year he will re-assess and look at opening the cheque book again this time next year.

The Colonel

Immortal
Johnny had an option for 2007 based on this years contract but wanted an extension in to 2008 at the very least. Management were reluctant to extend his contract beyond that.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Freak2 said:

My understanding is all players coming off contract this year for the Eels. (Except Morro & Stringer) have all been offered small contracted figures and yes small terms.

All players that have announced a move are all moving on bigger coin.

As a club we have consistently paid overs to get players to the club and I have a feeling Hagan does not want to pay overs for any players for season 2007. Perhaps after his first year he will re-assess and look at opening the cheque book again this time next year.

The story I had heard about Morris was that he was still in Hagans plans for next year, but not as a 6..he was never going to play five-eight, he had plans for him to come off the bench, but John wanted something more substantial than a 1 year deal and Hages couldn't offer that so they let him go and test the market.

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:
The story I had heard about Morris was that he was still in Hagans plans for next year, but not as a 6..he was never going to play five-eight, he had plans for him to come off the bench, but John wanted something more substantial than a 1 year deal and Hages couldn't offer that so they let him go and test the market.

Hey eela, do you know who is Hages plans as a 6 next year. I am confident about the forwards we will be signing but I am a bit wooried about who will be our 6

The Colonel

Immortal
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
Hey eela, do you know who is Hages plans as a 6 next year. I am confident about the forwards we will be signing but I am a bit wooried about who will be our 6

Hages knows. That is about it..... ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

there could be a couple of other people that know about it, but that's about it ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
yy_cheng said:
I don't think we went that hard for Judas?

we were never going to go hard on him and we were never go on a bidding war for him either, he approached us and we offered a contract with an offer he asked for. and he brushed us again.

Mighty Tiger

Bench
Freak2 said:

Source is fine, he has been perfectly up front when we have paid overs in the past - no need for him to suggest otherwise in this case

He wanted longer at the Eels, had they of offered that he would of stayed - he didn't leave because of the money he left because he wanted security for his future which we offered.

Sean7

Juniors
<UPtheEELS> said:
which position do you play in first grade?

Good point!!!!!

We shoudn't make observations about player performances because none of us have ever played first grade.

If a player plays well or a player plays poorly, how would we even know? We've never played first grade.

yy_cheng

Coach
I don't agree.

Some of the Best Coaches played in eras where the game was vastly different. They have not experienced the current game as a player. Another example is has Wayne Bennet ever played for QLD in SOO? He has coached them and have gave them observations, but he has never experienced the speed of the game 1st hand?

We are judging players by giving our opinions of them. We can measure a player based on comparisons with his current form with his past performances . Furthermore, we can measure them against how other players play. And once again, all this is our own opinions. How we convey them and the words and manner we chose to pass the message across depicts the poster's character.

V1er

Juniors
eelavation said:

Could hagans plan have been to put PJ at 5/8, Riddel to 9 and morris to 14 to replace riddell when he became tired?

Gronk

Staff member
V1er said:
Could hagans plan have been to put PJ at 5/8, Riddel to 9 and morris to 14 to replace riddell when he became tired?

I don't see that Pj has the creative passing game to play 5/8 with any real success. :?

I hope thats not all Hagan has up his sleeve ! :crazy:

Stagger eel

Staff member
V1er said:

maybe not, considering he's original idea was Lyon at five-eight before he shafted us, but things may of changed now and we can only wait and see what direction he takes when we eventually find out who we sign.

Kornstar

Coach
6. Blakey
7. Timmy

9. Riddell

14. Marsh/Keating (if Marsh leaves)

That is what Hagan wants, even if he doesn't know it yet :D

Sean7

Juniors
yy_cheng said:
I don't agree.

Some of the Best Coaches played in eras where the game was vastly different. They have not experienced the current game as a player. Another example is has Wayne Bennet ever played for QLD in SOO? He has coached them and have gave them observations, but he has never experienced the speed of the game 1st hand?

We are judging players by giving our opinions of them. We can measure a player based on comparisons with his current form with his past performances . Furthermore, we can measure them against how other players play. And once again, all this is our own opinions. How we convey them and the words and manner we chose to pass the message across depicts the poster's character.

Sorry, I don't like the smilies. I was being sarcastic. My fault.

I thought his point was ridiculous.

Basically, we should close the boards. It's funny that the "You haven't played first grade" dribble only gets vomiting out when someone is criticizing. How are we in any better position to praise. I think missing 10 tackles, playing with your testicles when you should be passing and moowalking when you should be running would be the sign of a bad performance, but I haven't played first grade.

Another equally geniused statement is "You couldn't do any better".

Latest posts