What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris to tigers

sooperdooper

First Grade
Sean7 said:
Good point!!!!!

We shoudn't make observations about player performances because none of us have ever played first grade.

If a player plays well or a player plays poorly, how would we even know? We've never played first grade.
How do you know some of us have never played first grade, it just happens to be i am Terry Lamb.....

Utey

Coach
Sean7 said:
Sorry, I don't like the smilies. I was being sarcastic. My fault.

I thought his point was ridiculous.

Basically, we should close the boards. It's funny that the "You haven't played first grade" dribble only gets vomiting out when someone is criticizing. How are we in any better position to praise. I think missing 10 tackles, playing with your testicles when you should be passing and moowalking when you should be running would be the sign of a bad performance, but I haven't played first grade.

Another equally geniused statement is "You couldn't do any better".

lol well I know i couldnt, not sure about you...

bartman

Immortal
Kornstar said:
6. Blakey
7. Timmy

9. Riddell

14. Marsh/Keating (if Marsh leaves)

That is what Hagan wants, even if he doesn't know it yet :D
No offence, but if our first choice line-up in key playmaker positions looks like that next season I'll be very disappointed. Maybe in about three years that might be a competitive first choice line-up for first grade... might.

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
No offence, but if our first choice line-up in key playmaker positions looks like that next season I'll be very disappointed. Maybe in about three years that might be a competitive first choice line-up for first grade... might.

what of those guys had a squad full full of big names around them?

Stagger eel

Staff member
True EEL said:
some of you guys really underestimate and undervalue John Morris

but that's your opinion i guess.....?

that all depends on who we replace him with..

bartman

Immortal
eelavation said:
what of those guys had a squad full full of big names around them?
True, that would be a good way to introduce them into first grade level footy. But I think we need a big name around them in a position close to them? Eg having three rookies (or in Tim's case as good as imo) out of your four key playmaking positions (6-7-9-14) is probably a leap too far in terms of contructing a first choice roster.

All for giving players like that a go as things pan out during a season, but Hagan has to plan for a solid line-up to start the year off.

Stagger eel

Staff member
bartman said:
True, that would be a good way to introduce them into first grade level footy. But I think we need a big name around them in a position close to them? Eg having three rookies (or in Tim's case as good as imo) out of your four key playmaking positions (6-7-9-14) is probably a leap too far in terms of contructing a first choice roster.

All for giving players like that a go as things pan out during a season, but Hagan has to plan for a solid line-up to start the year off.

I agree, but the main area I beleive where we've completely fallen by the wayside is in the forwards and having a quality 6 snd I think the club is trying to rectify that for next year.

Latest posts