What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morris to tigers

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Parramatta utility John Morris has agreed to a three-year contract to join Wests Tigers at the end of the NRL season.

Morris, who currently plays five-eighth for the Eels, will fill the halfback role vacated by the Gold Coast-bound Scott Prince next season. The former Country Origin representative says he is looking forward to improving his game under premiership-winning coach Tim Sheens.

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=11136

Gronk

Staff member
I don't mind losing Johnny all that much but would be far more comfortable knowing who Hagan intends to use at 6 next year. A nervous 2 weeks ahead. :?

strider

Post Whore
even if they don't love morris in the halves, the tigers could easily go:
#6 benji (pending he has 2 arms intact)
#7 farah
#9 morris

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
Gronk said:
I don't mind losing Johnny all that much but would be far more comfortable knowing who Hagan intends to use at 6 next year. A nervous 2 weeks ahead. :?

You would have to think we have someone locked in to let Morris go. I would say one of Green, Hill or Judas (????). Sorry to bring that name up again

Glenn

First Grade
Hmmm if the Tigs are hoping Johnny is going to fill the role of Scott Prince, they will be disappointed.

yy_cheng

Coach
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
You would have to think we have someone locked in to let Morris go. I would say one of Green, Hill or Judas (????). Sorry to bring that name up again

I would have to agree. We must be a real certainty to get a decent 5/8th if we even allowed Morris to negotiate.

Now, we have to focus on retaining half and Peej.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
strider said:
even if they don't love morris in the halves, the tigers could easily go:
#6 benji (pending he has 2 arms intact)
#7 farah
#9 morris

according to the article, he is there to play halfback

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:

what about PJ???

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:
what about PJ???

I was actually speaking with some mates yesterday and we thought this might be a distinct possibility. If it is the case look for Aaron Gorrell to possibly join us a back up goal kicking hooker. He will probably be cheap and looking to leave the Saints after they signed Woolford.

Travis Burns is the other possibility

Glenn

First Grade
Well if he is signed to play in the No.7 Wests have lost the plot, If he ends up in the No.9 a very good signing for them.

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I was actually speaking with some mates yesterday and we thought this might be a distinct possibility. If it is the case look for Aaron Gorrell to possibly join us a back up goal kicking hooker. He will probably be cheap and looking to leave the Saints after they signed Woolford.

Travis Burns is the other possibility

PJ is a last option..but I would prefer Burns if we can get him, Hunt would be the ultimate.

if PJ moves to 6 watch for Matt Keating to step up.

Kornstar

Coach
We don't need Gorrell, Matt Keating would be in the frame if PJ moves to 5/8th, i think we will be playing a real 5/8th though, i will be very dissapointed if we get Hill, he is too old and injury prone......we want a younger, more reliable player who can fill in at halfback if needed.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Glenn said:
Well if he is signed to play in the No.7 Wests have lost the plot, If he ends up in the No.9 a very good signing for them.

Don't know about that...We'll have to wait and see.

I mean, he's a good hooker. But would he be ahead of Robbie Farah? I'd say...No.

And I wasn't too sure about Cronk being a good halfback...But he is killing it.

The Colonel

Immortal
Farah is a more logical choice to move to halfback and one they have already looked at. I think that will be how it ends up. Morris is ok in the halves but would be of more value for them at hooker.