What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morro Out

forward pass

Coach
parraitdoesmatta said:
i wouldnt say his been aour best player but in rare form, more like it

Agree 100%. There is no way anyone (even the Burt bashers) could find fault with his last 2 matches.

Matt Johns, Gus Gould and Brad Fittler have all given him a wrap over the last few weeks. Credit where credits due. His run from dummy half on friday night for 30-40 metres was excellent at that early stage of the game.

Suitman

Post Whore
Why in the f*** was he selected then?

Surely they would have known about this on Tuesday?

Suity

Suitman said:

Suity

good question. very strange.

this is very unfortunate timing, morro and tahu have had a great combo going on lately. but at least this will take the focus away form the opposition working on shutting them down so they'll still be able to cause some havoc out wide come finals time.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm afrain this could be more harmful mentally for the side than it would physically, they have to keep believing themselves they can do well without those guys.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Suitman said:

Suity

Leaves some mystery, he can bring in a centre and move Wagon into the backrow, or bring in Henry, or Fuifui to bench/azza start. Alot of options to keep the Dragons guessing.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
eelavation said:
I'm afrain this could be more harmful mentally for the side than it would physically, they have to keep believing themselves they can do well without those guys.

or it could work the other way... when a player gets sent off, the rest of the team usually lifts to more than make up the difference. a similar thing could happen here.

Suitman

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
Leaves some mystery, he can bring in a centre and move Wagon into the backrow, or bring in Henry, or Fuifui to bench/azza start. Alot of options to keep the Dragons guessing.

I doubt very much St George would be changing too much of their preparation due to this news, except maybe attacking the side he would normally be on.

I think it is more disruptive to our preparation than theirs.

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Suitman said:
I doubt very much St George would be changing too much of their preparation due to this news, except maybe attacking the side he would normally be on.

I think it is more disruptive to our preparation than theirs.

Suity

Depends. Its unlikely he would have been training anyway with a broken hand - whoever has been training in his place is the logical inclusion.

Given he was named I am leaning towards Delaney more and more now....

Macca_

Coach
Bummer yes, end of the world no.

One thing we have been impressed with this season is the depth of our squad. This gives someone a run and will be good if they are needed in the big ones.

Tahu and Morro will both get a break and be fit for finals. They were talking about Lockyer on NRL on Fox last night. Saying how it will freshen him up etc.

Not good to have them out, but can only look at the positives.

The Colonel

Immortal
ParraDude_Jay said:
What about Jack? Big agressive backrower out so you bring in a big agressive KIWI backrower! :thumb

Maybe but they would have named him with the team.....

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
can anything else go wrong ?

I wonder who else will pull out before the game

attamarrap

Juniors
if i were coach i would put O'dwyer in the centres ,have wagon at lock, robinson at second row and fui on the bench with peek dropping out.......................but i am not coach damn it!!!

Nickeel

Juniors
Pazza said:
8.Cayless
9.Marsh
10.Stringer
11.Hindmarsh
12.Riddell
13.Robinson

I don't know if you can forgo Marsh's impact after the opening exchanges. Too valuable, IMO.

I would move Robinson up with Hindy, Wags to second row, Delaney in... but this is me talking crap at work, and a little spaced out due to my not going for lunch yet.

Nick

Morenito

Juniors
How about Moi Moi into the second row. I can see Brian Smith coming up with this masterstroke!

I dont know about defence but attacking those fringes for 40-50 minutes could be lethal.

Latest posts