What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortal Kombat refused classification

***MH***

Bench
http://games.on.net/article/11718/UPDATE_Mortal_Kombat_Reboot_Refused_Classication_-_Why

UPDATE: Warner Bros Interactive Entertainment have released the following statement:
"The highly anticipated video game Mortal Kombat, published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) in Australia, has been refused classification by the Australian Classification Board and will not release in Australia. We are extremely disappointed that Mortal Kombat, one of the world’s oldest and most successful video games franchises, will not be available to mature Australian gamers. WBIE would not market mature content where it is not appropriate for the audience. We understand that not all content is for every audience, but there is an audience for mature gaming content and it would make more sense to have the R18+ classification in Australia. As a member of the iGEA, WBIE is reviewing all options available at this time."

I'm not surprised by this that bone breaker or whatever it was called was brutal, totaly unneccessary aswell and with the b.s system we have it was never going to get classification and I hope they don't release a toned down version because everytime a developer does that they're effectively letting our current system win every time, let the Australian market buy the proper games from overseas.

We'll never get an R rating so what region do you have to buy for Xbox games??

Parra Pride

Referee
They are f**king joking, right? This is why we need a R18+ rating, guess I will just have to import it.

Zoidberg

First Grade
GGRRRRRRR
That's crap.
I've been looking forward to this game for ages.
Always been a fan of the MK games, way back since the 1st one.
Why do I, a 28 year old man, not have the right to play what I want?

Where can I order online?
If I order from Amazon.com will that disk play on my PS3?

Parra Pride

Referee
GGRRRRRRR
That's crap.

Exactly, us gamers who are over 18 are told that we are not allowed to play a certain game because of the content that is presented, yet I could walk into any video store and buy a certain genre of film that has far worse content, it is beyond being a farce now.

I could be wrong, but I think when it comes to video games PS3 can play any game regardless of what country you buy it from.

Last edited:

El Diablo

Post Whore
GGRRRRRRR
That's crap.

605713-stephen-conroy.jpg

skeepe

Immortal
Conjob strikes again.

At least he's keeping us safe from the spams and scams that come through the portal.

edabomb

First Grade
PS3 games are region free, but if you want to use DLC with the game you need the UK version.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Why is everyone here sooking about it? Guys it's the Computer Age, order from ebay or something, purchase it via internet download. Not being able to purchase it on the shelves is only a convenience hurdle.

Why is everyone here sooking about it? Guys it's the Computer Age, order from ebay or something, purchase it via internet download. Not being able to purchase it on the shelves is only a convenience hurdle.

smh, are you serious? If you ask the average adult gamer it isn't about the game being banned and not being able to buy it in the shop it's about them not having the adult choice to buy mature content.

lol the computer age, this coming from the guy who asks every small question on LU instead of googling it.