What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortimer back next week?

bartman

Immortal
I really hope not. We were a lot better side without Morts there, and I can't pick anyone I'd drop for him.

Off to Wenty until next season when KK's spot is free.

Djay

Juniors
Yer like I was saying earlier today, I'd leave him in Wenty until 2011.

fish eel

Immortal
No.

And personally, I'd rather have Keating under contract for next year than Mortimer.....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Morts plays next week Ando deserves to get the arse, everyone that played tonight should be there next week. Except in the case of injuries.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Mortimer getting dropped was justifed but the guy is a little warrior and I really hope he comes back bigger and better. I understand fans get frustrated with a run of bad form but even through this bad run he has shown alot of heart and if we had 16 other players with as big a heart as him we wouldnt be 13th leading into this week.

bartman

Immortal
No.

And personally, I'd rather have Keating under contract for next year than Mortimer.....
I agree.

Mortimer was over-hyped. He'll be a five-eighth in the Terry Lamb mould, which is handy to have, but he won't (or shouldn't) become a first choice #7.

boxhead

First Grade
Mortimer will come good, but there is no point changing the team; Lasalo was great and Anthony Mitchell, on debut, was brilliant.
Only person that would get the shaft is Jono Wright if Timana Tahu comes back, I can't see any surprise returns by Eric Grothe or Shackleton....

On Mortimer, I read somewhere that he made the most tackles of any halfback ever or something in a game a few weeks ago. Very interesting; when you look at it, Mortimer has had to do way more tackling than most NRL halfbacks do.....
Not that I agree with him being at halfback unless he gets a dominant half paired with him and someone steps up and coaches him well (I think it's a great idea to say he is our long term halfback; many players started as nobodies, people saying 'no way will he be a halfback' and what do you know they turn into great halfbacks), but he should definitely be in the team somewhere.

dazeely

First Grade
Can't say I'm devastated kk is leaving as I think morts will get better but having said that I agree that morts should still be rested.

AlexTheEel

Juniors
Mortimer will come good, but there is no point changing the team; Lasalo was great and Anthony Mitchell, on debut, was brilliant.
Only person that would get the shaft is Jono Wright if Timana Tahu comes back, I can't see any surprise returns by Eric Grothe or Shackleton....

On Mortimer, I read somewhere that he made the most tackles of any halfback ever or something in a game a few weeks ago. Very interesting; when you look at it, Mortimer has had to do way more tackling than most NRL halfbacks do.....
Not that I agree with him being at halfback unless he gets a dominant half paired with him and someone steps up and coaches him well (I think it's a great idea to say he is our long term halfback; many players started as nobodies, people saying 'no way will he be a halfback' and what do you know they turn into great halfbacks), but he should definitely be in the team somewhere.

Exactly its about development. When Matt Orford left the storm and they chose not to sign another half back most critics scoffed and laughed at them when Bellamy said his fringe player Cooper Cronk would take over the reigns. If any player will learn, develop, and work his ar*e off its Daniel Mortimer. His attitude will always hold him in good sted.

caylo

Bench
Exactly its about development. When Matt Orford left the storm and they chose not to sign another half back most critics scoffed and laughed at them when Bellamy said his fringe player Cooper Cronk would take over the reigns. If any player will learn, develop, and work his ar*e off its Daniel Mortimer. His attitude will always hold him in good sted.

Well tbh Cronks passing and kicking game is miles ahead of Mortimers when he made his transition from utility to halfback. Mortimer can be a good player but atm he is the worst half in the comp and needs to develop his game further then his running game.
We need a halfback for next year and if it isnt Cooper, Cronk,Orford, Kimmorley or Barrett we need options in the halves.
Our options next year consist of Robson, Mortimer, Humble and Barba (i dont know how old he is). We need a few more options and maybe someone like Lewis or an offcontact u20s halfback to put pressure on guys like Mortimer and Robson if they arnt performing.

Avenger

Immortal
Well tbh Cronks passing and kicking game is miles ahead of Mortimers when he made his transition from utility to halfback. Mortimer can be a good player but atm he is the worst half in the comp and needs to develop his game further then his running game.
We need a halfback for next year and if it isnt Cooper, Cronk,Orford, Kimmorley or Barrett we need options in the halves.
Our options next year consist of Robson, Mortimer, Humble and Barba (i dont know how old he is). We need a few more options and maybe someone like Lewis or an offcontact u20s halfback to put pressure on guys like Mortimer and Robson if they arnt performing.

I would go after Berrick Barnes. Cannot see us getting QC.

yy_cheng

Coach
Maybe he is little and so a simple ploy is to run a big man at him?

If Mortz was the size of Hayne, would they run as many plays at him?

yy_cheng

Coach
I was very dissapointed in Robson tonight.

He tried to make some plays and it didn't go well.

His kicks were bad again.

KK looks so much better at 6 than at 7.

Avenger

Immortal
I was very dissapointed in Robson tonight.

He tried to make some plays and it didn't go well.

His kicks were bad again.

KK looks so much better at 6 than at 7.

If Mortimer has to return it will be at the expense of Robson. If he drops Mitchell it will destroy the kids confidence.

Latest posts