What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mose Masoe Back in Full Training

Ace-STi

Juniors
Pickworth provides an update on forward Mose Masoe (knee) who has returned to the training paddock in a limited capacity.

Not full training by any shot

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Me as well, big MOSE charging down the middle, smashing opposition forwards left, right&centre.
Heal fast big Mose,all dragons fan can't wait to cheer u on..

Me to Qdf......Mose smashing them up the front.......and Big Milne running rampant out in the centres....bring it on

Ace-STi

Juniors
Bugger wasnt aware of this....disappointing to say the least
Unfortunately in my mind this guy was an impulse buy when everyone said we had no size they bought some other big guys similar time who were rubbish! Anyone remember the butcher? Ended up being rubbish

Not saying Masoe is but hasn't had any game time since in almost two years obviously who ever punted him knew he was in bad shape and wasn't interested in retaining

coastiedragon

Juniors
Cant wait to see him our fowards this year can really lay a good platform its up to our backs to execute and perform no sideway come on 2017

hewi

Bench
Unfortunately in my mind this guy was an impulse buy when everyone said we had no size they bought some other big guys similar time who were rubbish! Anyone remember the butcher? Ended up being rubbish

Not saying Masoe is but hasn't had any game time since in almost two years obviously who ever punted him knew he was in bad shape and wasn't interested in retaining

I watched the Butcher play a couple of games, despite his height he had no leg drive and was very easily dominated. Assuming that Mose comes back to full fitness I think he will be a massive asset.

The Doc

Juniors
Mose will be right... the training runs iv seen... he is running freely... knee prob wont be an issue at all.
Maybe fitness will be an issue... but from what iv seen, his running isnt effected at all

Gareth67

First Grade
I watched the Butcher play a couple of games, despite his height he had no leg drive and was very easily dominated. Assuming that Mose comes back to full fitness I think he will be a massive asset.

Yes , I had hoped that he would had performed much better than he did , most disappointed with his efforts . I thought that his initial outing against the rabbits wasn't too bad , but from then on , it was all downhill .

It's good to hear that Mose the Bulldozer , will begin light training , finally injury free .
As so many others have already said , if he can remain that way and get his chance in the top grade , then i am sure that he will play like a man possessed , to make up for lost time .

Once part of the team , he will build a great combination with Packer , Ah Mau and Vaughan . And with Frizzell , Simms and company running hard from the back,I can see the Dragon forward pack eating the meters this season . ( if Mary lets them of the leash )

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Let's wait and see if he is fit and if Mary has learned something about game plans in the off-season.

Belta

Juniors
The the Doc said; "...the training runs I've seen...he is running freely..."

Thanx for the update on Mose, I was starting to think from previous comments that he had broken down again...hopefully with Vaughn and Mose added (at least at some stage) our go forward and intimidation is likely to be taken up a notch or two from last year..time will tell, I've got my fingers and toes crossed in anticipation for this prediction to unfold...I was talking to nice Tongan fellow yesterday who said he ran into Mose the other day..didn't say much on that topic..but as we spoke I asked him what he weighed..he asked me to guess but I was afraid to get it wrong..he smiled and said 170kg..big boy

Carlton

Juniors

You can't compare Mose and the Butcher. Mose has played NRL and Superleague and has been wrecking ball in both. The butcher was a lower grade journeyman at best.

All I want to see is Mose playing at his intimidating best. I remember one game where Mose was like a lion stalking his prey. I think it was Kieran Foran and he followed him across the park for two or three tackles so he could line him up for a monster hit. You could see what was going to happen for ages before he eventually caught up with him.

BennyV

Referee

Lol only fools thought the Butcher would be anything other than reserve-grade bench quality..

Divine

Bench
...Apparently the second operation he undertook was a common follow up that delays rehab but actually strengthens the final outcome. He's on track

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I know that he's been out of the game for two years which is unfortunate for the bloke, but if we're being honest with ourselves, he should not be re-signed.

We need to be ruthless with the cap for next season if we want to retain some of our best players, so that means letting go of players that aren't quite cutting it and Mose is one of those players. We have enough quality young forwards coming through and he is not making any sort of impact in NSW Cup.

Latest posts