What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mose Masoe

RedVDragon

Juniors
About time some enthusiasm amongst the group. Agree f$&k the Morris brothers. Like their old man left for another club did ok but never the glory he enjoyed at the dragons. The Morris twins where able to negotiate their retirement package as time will tell that the dogs will have a salary cap issue or as history tells us they are the masters of manipulating or let's call it creative accounting to cover these huge salaries. Forwards win big matches without these big boppers our back have no hope.

He gave his word he'd return to Penrith if he came back as we granted him an early release to go travel. If he doesn't keep his word then hopefully he ends up at a rabble like the Dragons who are no chance of playing finals football in the next few years.

Country Dragon

Juniors
He gave his word he'd return to Penrith if he came back as we granted him an early release to go travel. If he doesn't keep his word then hopefully he ends up at a rabble like the Dragons who are no chance of playing finals football in the next few years.

Because contracts mean so much at Penrith,don't they!

WireMan

Bench
Don't know why you want him.

He is the third best prop at Saints (Walmsley and Amor are better) and was always targeted. He would get ran around in defence and he dropped a lot of ball in attack.

He is always a bit eager to go for a big hit. It just makes him an easy read.

giboz71

First Grade
I know on paper we seem weaker than last year, but at least we're trying to address our biggest problem...lack of size in the forwards.

We've added Rose, Nutira and possibly Packer and Masoe...sure not household names but they do have size. Hopefully O'Brien and Wakeman can contribute as well. I remember when the Tigers were going well early this year, how well guys like Taupau and Gavet were playing. These guys were no names as well. Sam Moa was also a nobody.

We just need a 1 or 2 of these cheap signings to come good.

Sure losing Morris and maybe Stockwell sux, but a front row rotation including Masoe, Packer and Rose to back up Creagh and Cooper doesn't actually look too bad.

Bang

Juniors
This is how he was rated by a St Helens fan;

Mose Masoe - A

As expect in the pre-season, the rejuvenated pack has breathed new life into Saints, and Masoe has been a shining light in that sense. Aside from his physical presence - something we were badly missing - his offload game has brought to the table something we were seemingly bereft of for three or four years. I still think we're to see the best of him, with longer minutes.

Link to the thread for reference
http://www.superleaguefans.com/forum/thread-17775.html

st.phil

Bench
Don't know why you want him.

He is the third best prop at Saints (Walmsley and Amor are better) and was always targeted. He would get ran around in defence and he dropped a lot of ball in attack.

He is always a bit eager to go for a big hit. It just makes him an easy read.
well everyone is entitled to their own opinion I guess...

But...nah...he's a gun

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
If we sign Masoe, it almost guarantees that Merrin has signed elsewhere. Reason being? Because we are the Dragons. Wouldn't happen if it were the bullgrubs or roorters. They keep who they want and still sign more.

Anyway, Merrin needs a Bennett type coach to get to the next level in his career. H goes ok at club level, but rarely dominates at origin level. And a bit of lazyness in defence has crept into his game this year. All the best to him if he secures an 800k per year contract. I wouldn't be paying that for him.

The Nick

Bench
If we sign Masoe, it almost guarantees that Merrin has signed elsewhere. Reason being? Because we are the Dragons. Wouldn't happen if it were the bullgrubs or roorters. They keep who they want and still sign more.

Anyway, Merrin needs a Bennett type coach to get to the next level in his career. H goes ok at club level, but rarely dominates at origin level. And a bit of lazyness in defence has crept into his game this year. All the best to him if he secures an 800k per year contract. I wouldn't be paying that for him.

He's still very young, his best years are way ahead of him. He's one player we can't afford to lose because you can build a premiership winning side around him.

rainman44

Bench

The broncos won't be paying that either, $500k on the salary cap book and then the rest would be third party deals that Douay fails to do.

Twenty10

Juniors
Only way Mose would happen is if we were losing Merrin, hes more the sort of bloke I would have went for instead of some of the blokes like Rose & to a lesser extent Packer (my concern is getting him registered).

To be fair though, if we had been able to get rid of Hunt/Beale/Farrell we would have had 1 million free to have bought 2 QUALITY forwards.. its a real kick in the guts for the club.. the difference between challenging for the 8 and for the spoon.

Disagree. We are culling plenty of money in the backs. We have enough to keep Merrin and sign mose.
Beale is on 400k as is hunt. Those 2 desperately need to be cut loose and then we are on track to rebuild.

TruSaint

Referee
We haven't signed Masoe yet guys.

Having watched a little of the ESL, I hope we do.

Yes he has a mistake in him, but so do many impact players.

rainman44

Bench
Disagree. We are culling plenty of money in the backs. We have enough to keep Merrin and sign mose.
Beale is on 400k as is hunt. Those 2 desperately need to be cut loose and then we are on track to rebuild.
I agree, Even if Hunt stays a year it might help us cut him from the last year of his contract if he plays half decent and even if we pay half of it to the club he goes to. If Creagh retires after this year we might be a good chance with Matulino as the money would be there and Matulino to me would worth Creagh and Hunt in cash terms, we might even get change.

Latest posts