What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Mbye

Dragon David

First Grade
At least Mbye shows more heart in his performances unlike Norman. He could be a good buy for the Saints.
I think Mbye will play very well for the Dragons and will be one of those players that will help our culture on and off the field which should help with our performances. I hope he can recapture most of his Bulldogs form.

Moses.. another footy player of Pacific Island decent whose parents endowed a biblical name on.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes when you pull on that Red V jumper it should mean something special to the wearer. I never got that impression watching Norman.
I know we can't blame Widdop for leaving us, but if he stayed on we would not have signed up Norman and I think we would have been much better the past few years. If and only if as dreamers do.

I know we can't blame Widdop for leaving us, but if he stayed on we would not have signed up Norman and I think we would have been much better the past few years. If and only if as dreamers do.
As it turned out he also wished he had not left. His family hated it back in England evidently. All his kids were born in Oz and they and wife wanted to resume their life here. Was it under Marys watch or Griffins that Widds was told he was no longer wanted. Did they tell him the reason. That they had forked out far too much for Norman.
Yep he and Hunt.. both knee jerk buys. I'll cop more flack with that comment.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
As it turned out he also wished he had not left. His family hated it back in England evidently. All his kids were born in Oz and they and wife wanted to resume their life here. Was it under Marys watch or Griffins that Widds was told he was no longer wanted. Did they tell him the reason. That they had forked out far too much for Norman.

Yep he and Hunt.. both knee jerk buys. I'll cop more flack with that comment.
I think Mary got too much for Widds in the end. The kids would have hated the UK after a while. Great for a holiday but you can't beat Aussie land. I lived in the UK for a couple of years with the young family at the time and the summer is fantastic but the winter isn't.

Norman was a waste of money and definitely a knee jerk reaction by those who wanted him without looking deeply at his pros and cons - the cons very much outweighing the pros which our recruiters and Mary couldn't see?? Hunt might also have been a knee jerker but at the time most saw better prospects than what we had but he has had an up and down career with us although before injury was showing his worth.

I just hope that whoever will be in our halves have a great, not good, but a great kicking game. The types of kicks that go very high and to the opposition 20 zone. They would allow us to gain ground and make the tackles or contest the ball better. Cleary's kicks are a good example.

I am doubtful of Hook bringing in Sullivan much next year. Definitely Sloan and Amone and Hunt in the spine. Mbye has been signed up to take a permanent position somewhere as I don't think Hook will use him off the bench. Macca will also be the hooker for at least the initial games. So selections will depend on who is fitter and does well in the pre-season and trials.

Interesting time next year.

Latest posts