What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses Suli

Parko1310

Juniors
Possm, mate, please...
You say Millward isnt doing his job, he isnt recruiting anyone etc etc
Can you just give it a little rest mate and say he done well here?
If players dont sign, its Millwards fault, and if players do sign, you give him no credit.
Can you see how we see your posts?
We needed a centre with Lafai and Aitken off contract, we have secured Lomax long term, signed Williame, and now gotten Suli, can you honestly say Millward hasnt come good here?
Millward’s recruitment has been extremely poor over time. Not only with players he signs but with the length of contract and the fact that he pays overs. He hands out 3 year deals as if they’re nothing which have cost us time and time again. Once again here, he’s about to hand out a three year deal to a player who may or may not behave himself.

Richard Norton

Juniors
Millward’s recruitment has been extremely poor over time. Not only with players he signs but with the length of contract and the fact that he pays overs. He hands out 3 year deals as if they’re nothing which have cost us time and time again. Once again here, he’s about to hand out a three year deal to a player who may or may not behave himself.
But many want us to sign Fifita for a million a year... a player who may or may not behave also...
I guess how good a job Millward depends on how you value certain players?
Hunt was the best available halfback, Norman was at the time the best available 5/8 to replace Widdop, vaughan, McInnes, Fuimano, tariq, Korbin all signed, not Aussie rep stars but not that bad.
Most of our current juniors have been resigned....
If they stay or leave wont be on Millward, it will be on how that dud of a coach progresses there developement.
I know for a fact Widdop AND Friz dont rate Mary...
Just being fair mate, everyone knows not many players can be bought cheap to play under Mary...
Millward has had his work cut out for him with Mary as coach without a doubt.

Parko1310

Juniors
But many want us to sign Fifita for a million a year... a player who may or may not behave also...
Hunt was the best available halfback, Norman was at the time the best available 5/8 to replace Widdop, vaughan, McInnes, Fuimano, tariq, Korbin all signed, not Aussie rep stars but not that bad.
If they stay or leave wont be on Millward, it will be on how that dud of a coach progresses there developement.
Just being fair mate, everyone knows not many players can be bought cheap to play under Mary...
I think what you outline there by those being the best players available at the time is Millward’s lack of patience and panic buying. I definitely don’t think we should be signing Fifita to a million a year, or at all. It’s unrealistic that we’ll land him and we don’t particularly need back-rowers imo, simply replace Frizell with Ford, look for a couple props, a centre and a winger and a lock with this abundance of money we’re likely to obtain. We need not look for immediate 2021 results, but look at 2022 onwards.

Banjo2014

Juniors
I think what you outline there by those being the best players available at the time is Millward’s lack of patience and panic buying. I definitely don’t think we should be signing Fifita to a million a year, or at all. It’s unrealistic that we’ll land him and we don’t particularly need back-rowers imo, simply replace Frizell with Ford, look for a couple props, a centre and a winger and a lock with this abundance of money we’re likely to obtain. We need not look for immediate 2021 results, but look at 2022 onwards.
Ford Host Kerr and Lawrie are not the answer - sincerely hope I am wrong - but just don't see it at this stage

Parko1310

Juniors
Ford Host Kerr and Lawrie are not the answer - sincerely hope I am wrong - but just don't see it at this stage
Ford in my opinion has terrific potential and will turn out the best out of those 4. I think Host had some upside but with our coach not wanting to give him chances earlier on, he’s past making first grade his own. Kerr is effort but I agree probably isn’t up to it and Lawrie, whilst he tries hard, is probably the most average footy player I’ve ever seen. I think we can make some smart buys if we’re somewhat patient. I outlined this on another thread, but with the cash we should free up I think if we’re smart 2022 could be the start of good things to come and this would be the side I’d be aiming towards, assuming Flanagan is the coach at this point:
  1. Cody Ramsey
  2. Jason Saab
  3. Moses Suli
  4. Zac Lomax
  5. Josh Addo-Carr
  6. Kyle Flanagan
  7. Ben Hunt
  8. Tom Flegler
  9. Cameron McInnes
  10. Paul Vaughn
  11. Jackson Ford
  12. Tariq Sims
  13. Cameron Murray
  14. Tristan Sailor
  15. Eddie Blacker
  16. Blake Lawrie
  17. Josh Curran

Bench
I was reading Moses bio of his time at his earlier clubs
To me he has had issues with every club he had been signed
To me he has a lot of baggage, maybe a trunk load
I don’t know what our offer is but if it is true that he has been $1.1 million I would say no thank you
If Manly do release him that would be a worry. They don’t usually let players go they want to keep

Como Connection

First Grade
I don’t know what our offer is but if it is true that he has been $1.1 million I would say no thank you
If Manly do release him that would be a worry. They don’t usually let players go they want to keep
His contact is up next year.
CC

LINESPEED

Juniors

Welcome to McWonderland in Wollongong

- the dumping ground for rejects, journeymen & thems with baggage

......because with our Waterboy’s low grade intellect operation we’re the easyrider hostel where:
you get overs,
no pressure,
no game plans to disturb the neurons

where stats don’t matter
and thrown pens clatter

nothing but vodka cruisy regular selection
(no form or improvement targets required)

IF
you play cocksu/cking suckup loyalty to the coach

praise him to the camera & FOX mates

yes, tow the line

tell a few jokes over beers & in the Shed,

isolate them fuc/ken juniors

& generally relax bro

& settle into the comforts of mediocrity.

Welcome to Andrew Gordon’s fully subsidised Park Footy Central
Suli

... and an autocratic Board straight out of Animal Farm
- trotters ‘n all

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Welcome to McWonderland in Wollongong

- the dumping ground for rejects, journeymen & thems with baggage

......because with our Waterboy’s low grade intellect operation we’re the easyrider hostel where:
you get overs,
no pressure,
no game plans to disturb the neurons

where stats don’t matter
and thrown pens clatter

nothing but vodka cruisy regular selection
(no form or improvement targets required)

IF
you play cocksu/cking suckup loyalty to the coach

praise him to the camera & FOX mates

yes, tow the line

tell a few jokes over beers & in the Shed,

isolate them fuc/ken juniors

& generally relax bro

& settle into the comforts of mediocrity.

Welcome to Andrew Gordon’s fully subsidised Park Footy Central
Suli

... and an autocratic Board straight out of Animal Farm
- trotters ‘n all
Our situation, sad but true

BLM01

First Grade
Manly are not like the roosters and others of this world they’ve got Struggles with the cap now and in the future they have to let players go to have re-signed the turbo brothers simple they got three players alone just on 3.5 million.
And kept kapok and AFB. Theres 4.5m MV min in just 5 from their cap

Banjo2014

Juniors
Graham will be rewarded with a life after football job at Fox League for his unwavering support of Mary.

Stick to playing football and for God sake stay off television.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Graham will be rewarded with a life after football job at Fox League for his unwavering support of Mary.

Yes, his is cowardly behaviour.

Graham (like Gould, Kent, Crawley & Co) is an integrity roadkill under the dubious spell of this ‘coaching’ moron

- in spite of every observable reality:

attendances,
memberships
statistics
recruitment
retention
pathways
bench
pressers
social media

Should we add ‘results’?
4/22
Nah they don’t count in this Club’s Board’s reckoning.

Do they Andrew?

BLM01

First Grade

Bit harsh there. I don’t blame the players. He talks well and shows more intelligence and passion than most of the gossip merchants. He is paid to do a job even in the studio under producer and director orders. If we expect these players on 9 and Fix media to be like we are and what gets said in pubs saying what they feel well...you will be waiting a long time
If they did these forums would not exist me thinks!
The time to grill Mary is in those external media press conferences but even those will get shut down if they blasting too much because he won’t and our club wont front the media
Another good place would be real member forums and the board and football club staff fronting the members at election time but of course our club closes off that Avenue

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Manly are not like the roosters and others of this world they’ve got Struggles with the cap now and in the future they have to let players go to have re-signed the turbo brothers simple they got three players alone just on 3.5 million.
And kept kapok and AFB. Theres 4.5m MV min in just 5 from their cap
And with cap levels likely to go down, not much left in the kitty for the rest of the squad.

blacksafake

First Grade

What would like him to say whilst still employed by the club?
No player or employee for that matter will ever go onto a public forum & bag the sh*t out of their employer unless they'd just won 20 mil in lotto.
I like listening to Graham & I reckon off the record & in the right environment you'd most likely what you are looking for.

possm

Coach
Hunt was dropped to reserve grade and was playing poorly in his last season at the Broncos. Everyone was surprised at his reported price tag. I think Mitchell Pearce was on the market for less at the time and maybe Maloney as well.

We could have gone for a number of five-eighths, Johnston comes to mind.

There were so many stars bandied around as a recruitment to SGI. The majority of them not even approached.

Then the long term contracts for Aitken and Lafai, the failure to replace like for like in the back 3 positions and now the loss of Frizell.

So many more players could be identified however, the above lot are an indication of the situation.

I'd say a retern to the two year deals with a one year optional extension in favour of SGI would be a much better policy for the majority of new signings.

Latest posts