What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses

axl rose

Bench
Lol.. seriously give up , the fact is Parra were prepared to merge with the Tigers and ultimately it was the Tigers who declined in the end.
They were so desperate for that Tigers logo. Success is never coming for Parra and thier fans will still be living in the past talking about the days of Kenny and shine-o-ball-o head Sterlo for another 50 years. Even the derros at Souths got to move on from Piggins and Sattler for thier Bra boy Sutton and thug poms.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Did you read it?

also...

and...

In other words, If Balmain had merged with Parra (which Balmain initiated, they'd be with the North Sydney Bears right now.

Don't pretend like we came to you hat in hand begging for you to bail us out and you turned us away, when it was very much the opposite, but instead of us turning you away, you decided to merge with wests because you knew we were too big and too strong a club to survive a merger with, and you would have been gone inside of 5 years.

Mate Denis Fitzgerald literally had ‘Parramatta Tigers’ caps made up. Make no mistake Parramatta wanted the Tigers brand.

However you are right in that it would have been a take over. Brian Smith even publicly said he only wanted 2 of the then Balmain Tigers lineup to come over. For this reason we decided to go with Wests as that was a true merger, not a takeover.

Funnily enough in our last ever game at lecihhardt oval we beat Parramatta 20-10 which ultimately ended up costing the minor premiership which lead to a standard parramatta finals choke to eventual premiers Melbourne. So I guess we got the last laugh.

I’m not really sure what you’re bleating about though? Surely you’re happy that you stayed the Parramatta Eels. I know I’m happy we went the Wests route and only 6 years later got to see my team win a Premiership whilst all the Eels have collected during those 20 years is 3 wooden spoons.

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
Parra have had a massive pot of money and lots of cashed up backers. I guess they are the western suburbs version of the Chooks ...except for results.

They basically have been spooners or there about s for years. They have let some of the best junior talent walk out the door and paid massive overs for a lot of under performing players.

The internal politics of the club is like the middle east...always at war with each other. Really how they have not been a power house for years is criminal. Okay this year they look like playing final football but to me they still look like a very fragile club. Will be interesting if they back up next year.

Anyway I am not going to throw mud at them when you look at what we have done over the past 7 years or so although we have never been in their financial position to attract top notch players for one reason or another.

axl rose

Bench
Parra have had a massive pot of money and lots of cashed up backers. I guess they are the western suburbs version of the Chooks ...except for results.
Brain Smith is the only Parra coach who bothered developing junior talent/pathways, before thier usual finals choke. Whatever muppets came after, Stuart, Anderson, Kearney, Arthur Mcarthur, put a match to it. Good old Parra, forever the Cleveland Browns of the NRL.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
That short ball isnt working, better try it again 5 times. Once to hard, one behind, one for the touchie. Lookout in the front row!

giphy.gif

....Atleast He's consistent :joy:

Parra were ok for about the first 20 mins until they realised Bulldogs were a tough nut to crack....which was conveniently around the same time Moses went missing because it got too hard

Tiger05

First Grade
Moses and Brooks are similar. They look great at times but just don't seem to have that next level up that means that are great players.

Moses was crud against the Dogs.

I'll say it, as it looks like no one else has:

The little shite was simply outstanding yesterday.

He old captain Woods, was very good for Cronulla.

axl rose

Bench
He'll fold like my laundry washing yesterday against Melbourne. Until he can play like that against a Roosters or Melbourne I'm not convinced

Brisbane gave up after 10 minutes, they were standing still and not even moving up in defence. Easy pickings.

Yes prove us all wrong and knock out Melbourne with a blinder. It aint happening.

Last edited: