What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most annoying cliche?

Inferno

Coach
"The boys played really well"

"the forwards laid the platform"

"Yeah the boys trained really well this week" (as opposed to to every other week where they train sh*thouse?)

The phrase Big Bopper is the one that pisses me off the most.

jamesgould

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Fox has given Braybrook Super 14 matches for some reason, unless the other dude is absent. It was like a League game with him calling.

I dont why, but I get a bit annoyed when he says "acting half". I've never heard him say dummy half.

True, he does like the acting half call. Super 14? Maybe he resigned from NRL after being paired up to call a game with Freeman once too often haha.

MKEB...

Staff member
constantly hearing Peter Ropati and Stphen MCivor (sky nz commentators)
ask "have the warriors turned the corner in season 2006" after every game they win, (not many at that)

Knightmare

Coach
"We've got to take it one game at a time and play the full 80 minutes"
"It was a game of two halves"
"He can score from anywhere on the field"
And a Peter Sterling beauty whenever there's a replay: "If we freeeeze it there..."

Balmain_Boy

One of the annoying Marshall ones I was going to use to illustrate was used today in the paper "Marshall Law". Very clever...

nqcowboy87

Bench
i for one am a fan of the johns brothers, but here is one from matty thta i just get sick of
matty johns: the thing about andrew is that hes tough/ mentally tough/ thrives on adversity/ a real competitor and so on and so on
plus im not getting annoyed by the cowboys lassoing other teams cliche

jamesgould

Juniors
Matthew Johns indeed has no shame when it comes to singing Andrew's praises. If that was me and my brother we would be mocking each other hard-out!

parra pete

Referee
Cricket crowd commenting on Hadley during the late seventies.
....Hadlee's a wanker.. (Not an original, got it off the Parra Forum) but it's a classic, and true today as it ever was!!!!

PARRA_FAN

Coach
jamesgould said:
True, he does like the acting half call. Super 14? Maybe he resigned from NRL after being paired up to call a game with Freeman once too often haha.

He did call tonights Manly/Roosters game so that was probably a one off, but Freeman was down in Canberrra. You're right on the Freeman thing. :lol:

parra pete

Referee
Inferno said:
"The boys played really well"

"the forwards laid the platform"

"Yeah the boys trained really well this week" (as opposed to to every other week where they train sh*thouse?)

The phrase Big Bopper is the one that pisses me off the most.

"Helloooooo Baby, this is the Big Bopper calling, will I what, will I what, oooh baby you knowwwww what I like"
Chantilly Lace....aah, thanks for the memory.

Azkatro

First Grade
How about cliches in headlines that never made it to press?

"Toey Gasnier fires up at critics"
"Rabbitohs violated by Raper and his troops"
"Cowboys spurred on by Brokeback spirit"

Must be more creativity out there ...

rugged

Juniors
"X has played well since he came on"

Well I'm not surprised he didn't play very well while he was sitting on the bench!