What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most annoying cliche?

Stranger

Coach
Captain_Fred said:
Every time Fatty says "Oh this is as good as it gets." or "This is, dead set, one of the best games of rugby league you will ever see."
:lol: Yeah we see one of the best games of rugby league 50 times a year going by fatts n Gus...

yobbo84

Coach
Without doubt the single, greatest, most annoying Rugby League cliche is undoubtedly:

"The likes of the Andrew Johnses, the Brad Fittlers, the Darren Lockyers..."

FFS!! There's only one of them!! God that annoys me..

Jobdog

Live Update Team
"He's awaiting his boarding pass" is quite annoying however I still laugh at it :lol:

Another one the kiwi commentators love is "the white stripe" or "the whitewash", ffs its a tryline!

And while I'm on a roll "South Sydney, the pride of the league"

"Dragons breathing Fire"
"Sharks Feeding Frenzy"
"Night of Knights"
"Gone to the Dogs"
"Panthers on the Prowl"
"Joey.. (insert anything here)"

Rabs calling a conversion - "...Its coming around........"

Agreed on the "best game of the season" call too, makes me squirm.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Whether we win or lose, 9 times out of 10 the word "slay, slayed, or slain" will be just about guaranteed to appear in at least 2 headlines after the game.

And definitely that annoying pommie git with his "That will be a T-R-Y!"

I'd love to strangle that prick.

jamesgould

Juniors
T-R-Y time is awesome, commentators in Australia should use it haha.

One that drives me nuts is Andy Raymond saying "The Eels (or whoever) will play from in front!". Doesn't say it as often as he used to, he used to do it EVERY SINGLE GAME! Now he's down to about one in two.

Plus Raymond just has an annoying voice. Fox should give Mark Braybrook more games, he's a good commentator, I liked his call the other night that David Kidwell looked like he had fallen asleep making a tackle when he got penalised for holding down haha.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
jamesgould said:
T-R-Y time is awesome, commentators in Australia should use it haha.

One that drives me nuts is Andy Raymond saying "The Eels (or whoever) will play from in front!". Doesn't say it as often as he used to, he used to do it EVERY SINGLE GAME! Now he's down to about one in two.

Plus Raymond just has an annoying voice. Fox should give Mark Braybrook more games, he's a good commentator, I liked his call the other night that David Kidwell looked like he had fallen asleep making a tackle when he got penalised for holding down haha.

Fox has given Braybrook Super 14 matches for some reason, unless the other dude is absent. It was like a League game with him calling.

I dont why, but I get a bit annoyed when he says "acting half". I've never heard him say dummy half.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I hate how players, and COACHES, canot use the word 'did'. Every post match comment includes a phrase like 'Yeah, we DONE good" or "he DONE a great tackle'.....FFS finish year 10 before you play NRL!!!

I'm glad I don't hear any more 'hospital passes' though.

Latest posts