What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most articulate players and those who are not

Scorpio30

Bench
DJ Meli has to be deadset the worse.

We had Timmins and Hornby on NZ telly a while back talking to Costigan at a Dragons training. Hornby goes ok.

To take it down a grade or 7, this young kid playing Bartercard cup for Mt Albert (I think) as a curtain raiser to the Warriors got interviewed after the match on Live TV...."So how did the game go for you today?"...."er um yeeah went f**kin alright eh"...."On the back of some good go foward?"....." yeah, the boys upfront layed the foundation um er yeah it was f**kin good". :oops:

Big Ali apostrophe use to always end a sentence..."sooooo...yeah" *Shrug*

drake

First Grade
Webcke was a surprise for me. I thought the bloke would struggle to speak, let alone sound as intelligent and no-nonsense as he does.
Timmo is pretty thick, though Berrigan takes the cake; dumb, slow, unintelligable and missing his front teeth.
Cletus the slack jawed Bronco!

Scorpio30

Bench
wyvern said:
Berrigan takes the cake; dumb, slow, unintelligable and missing his front teeth.
Cletus the slack jawed Bronco!

Its amazing he makes his way over the try line so often :-k

Mr Saab

Referee
shaun Timmins! I forgot about him. He has to be as thick as they come!
derrrrrrrrrrrr which way did he go...which way did he go?

legend

Coach
Webcke is the best but blokes like Adamson and Schif are pretty good. Germ is good.

WHoever said Wally, give yourself a triple. He's usesless on Fox. Tries to use big words all the time and it never comes off sounding intelligent.

drake

First Grade
Scorpio30 said:
Its amazing he makes his way over the try line so often :-k

Makaybe diva is a great runner too, but I don't think is much of a conversationalist.

0neye

THE BEST SAM BACKO ;()
1b25ma.jpg
:lol: ;-)

Nickeel

Juniors
Munky said:
Greg Alexander has always seemed to be good at speaking.

Sounds natural and unforced.

If only his voice would hurry up and break.

Sounds like he is about 15 and working at Gulp 'n' Blow half the time.

Nick

The Colonel

Immortal
Matt Bowen isn't exactly an extrovert so shove a microphone and a camera in front of him and he isn't exactly going to say too much. The kid is shy not inarticulate.....

forward pass

Coach
Ben Ross was interviewed on radio the other night - he spoke well but seriously sounds like a 14 yr old speaking - has his voice even broken yet???

Nickeel

Juniors
forward pass said:
Ben Ross was interviewed on radio the other night - he spoke well but seriously sounds like a 14 yr old speaking - has his voice even broken yet???

Looking at Greg Alexander, it must be a Penrith thing.

Nick

Boing Boing

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
I agree with that and as a commentator he has more of a passion towards the Panthers rather than an out and out bias. If they are going poorly he tells it as it is and he gets excited when they do well but doesn't constantly put them up. I like Brandy as a commentator.

Worst Ever: Sam Backo.
Best: Wally Lewis.

Of current players I think Shane Webcke is one of the better ones. Luke Ricketson and Bryan Fletcher as well. Dean Widders. Nathan Hindmarsh isn't too bad either.

I remember earlier this year on NRL on Fox, when they were discussing the obstruction debacle with Bill Harragon when he tried to draw a comparison with that anti-speeding ad where the 2 commodores crash into the truck from different speeds. It was so un-related and he kept going on and on. Laurie eventually had to cut him off.

Wally Lewis is an idiot.

Mr Saab

Referee
benmeyer said:
I remember earlier this year on NRL on Fox, when they were discussing the obstruction debacle with Bill Harragon when he tried to draw a comparison with that anti-speeding ad where the 2 commodores crash into the truck from different speeds. It was so un-related and he kept going on and on. Laurie eventually had to cut him off.

Wally Lewis is an idiot.

even as a lewis fan oi agree with that.
I cringe whenever i see him on TV with a microphone.
The amount of "uminnng and arring' is monotonous to the extreme.
GREAT player...BAD TV commentator

drake

First Grade
Lewis can't be that stupid, he was only one to say Queensland were gone at halftime in SOO 3 this year. :LOL:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Berrigan : VROOOM VROOOM

That's about as much sense as that dumbarse can make

Mark Riddell is the best spoken in IMO

JJ

Immortal
Good - most players from NSW

Bad - all Queenslanders, and most NZ Warriors

:lol:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dogs Of War said:
I can't take him serious cause of that blinking problem of his.

hhahaha it makes for awesome TV
here's a bloke calling it how he see's it, no sh*tty cliche's or umms and ahh, yet he blinks 5 times a second :lol:
We still love ya germ :D

Besides Woolford, i recon Webcke, Witt and Lolesi do well