What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most articulate players and those who are not

Best- Brian Smith who played for the Roosters and the Tigers in early nineties. He was an Alan Jones protege.

Both Broncos frontrowers speak well.

At the Tigers, Robbie Farah and Dene Halatau are both smart blokes although Robbie might come across as a bit reticent when a camera is pushed in front of him.

RainMan

Juniors
forward pass said:
Ben Ross was interviewed on radio the other night - he spoke well but seriously sounds like a 14 yr old speaking - has his voice even broken yet???

Thats what happens when your Club has you by the balls and says "we don't want you anymore because you have become too good"

Tommy Smith

Referee
It's all a confidence thing and a matter of getting used to the camera for most of them.

I remember when billy Slater was first interviewed on Fox. Hhe was as nervous as hell and at first wasn't too good at all. Nower days he's doing little segements for the Footy Show as the interviewer.

It's not that these blokes are illiterate, it's just that, like most of us, they might have abit of trouble at first speaking infront of a camera that goes nationwide (or to QLD and NSW anyway).

markstan

Juniors
You have to be kidding if you think Hindmarsh is good, almost bursts out laughing each time. Webcke I think is maybe a little to overated in this area, not saying he isn't articulate but there are better speakers than him.

Lockyer speaks well but he wasn't blessed with the best voice. Actually come to think about it all the top players aren't very articulate at all. Maybe Wing he dosen't speak to bad and Kearns but go through the origin squads and they all pritty much speak like a pack of monkeys.

eelsta

Bench
Munky said:
Greg Alexander has always seemed to be good at speaking.

Sounds natural and unforced.
100% agree when greg speaks you know you are being well informed!!!!!!!

White Poiner

Coach
what about jason stevens
smile.gif

wittyfan

Referee
Steve Price is amongst the best. Webcke is right up there as well.

Michael Witt is a very well spoken young man and never uses terms such as "you know" or "ummm".

Luke Covell is the worst however. The term country hick doofus comes to mind. :lol:

Big Pete

Referee
Webcke and Price are good.

Bowen I have trouble understanding, it takes me atleast 5 seconds to find out what he said.

The Berrigans, Carroll (has a lisp) and Lockyer arn't too good though, sad thing is Barry Berrigan is always on one of the local radio stations in Brisbane.

SaintTPP

First Grade
Jason Ryles would have to be the most well-spoken man in League, I can't beleive no one has mentioned him.

simon says

First Grade
Slammin Sam Backo was hilarious....I remember him getting a MOM award and they shoved the mike in front of him and it was live....he must have said the F word about a dozen times in a minute......he was even starting to cover his mouth and look sheepish.

Absolute gold.....I hope he apologised to his mum.

Iafeta

Referee
Francis Meli isn't

"So um yeah its choice coz like so I like playing with the fullas, I learn heaps off the old fullas and um yeah"

Neither is Toopi

"Playing 100 tests for the Warriors.." If anyone seen his post match speech on Fox after playing his 100th first grade game, he repeatedly said he'd played 100 tests.