What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most articulate players and those who are not

twistedbydesign

Juniors
TBA Carroll cracks me up every time his interviewed. He is horrendous.

Mark Mclinden was one guy who was, and I can only assume still is, reasonably well spoken, though maybe a little cocky.

Iafeta

Referee
I'll give a wrap to young Benji Marshall too.

I thought he was pretty good on NRL on Fox. Quite a smart young man with a level head on him.

bluesbreaker

Bench
This reminds me of an interview I saw of Tim Smith, where he didn't know what telepathic meant, I laughed. Great education system Parra are sending him through!

wittyfan

Referee
They don't teach anything in schools anymore! Not since the left-wing intelligentsia took over.

aqua_duck

Coach
The worst was Anthony Mundine, 9/10 things that came out of his mouth were grammatically incorrect.
"I'm da man"
"ya know bra"
"Nobody compare to da man bra"

It was a linguist worst nightmare.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Iafeta said:
Francis Meli isn't

"So um yeah its choice coz like so I like playing with the fullas, I learn heaps off the old fullas and um yeah"

Neither is Toopi

"Playing 100 tests for the Warriors.." If anyone seen his post match speech on Fox after playing his 100th first grade game, he repeatedly said he'd played 100 tests.
LOL:lol:

Gotta love the Kiwi's.

Btw, i think you mean "tists", not "tests".:)

iggy plop

First Grade
Homer's Bowling Ball said:
Petro Civoniceva is suprisingly good, Sam Backo is probably one of the worst I have ever heard.

Petero is good. The unos do creep in a bit.

Bobby Linder, Badge and ET were some of the best from the past.

Mark Coyne is a renowned smart dude, but I always found his mouth was moving too fast for his words.

iggy plop

First Grade
Tommy Smith said:
Btw the best, although not a league player, is Jason Akemanis. A natural.

He rambles on like a 13 year old chick with her first mobile.

Saw him on the AFL footy once. Let's just say there were no full-stops.

0neye

simon says said:
Slammin Sam Backo was hilarious....I remember him getting a MOM award and they shoved the mike in front of him and it was live....he must have said the F word about a dozen times in a minute......he was even starting to cover his mouth and look sheepish.

Absolute gold.....I hope he apologised to his mum.

Yarh that was in a 1990's SOO game LOL , I was in stiches ;()

1990:Wally Lewis (c), Dale Shearer, Willie Carne, Peter Jackson, Kevin Walters, Allan Langer, Andrew Gee, Sam Backo, Kerrod Walters, Chris Johns.1989:Wally Lewis (c), Michael Hancock, Gene Miles, Tony Currie, Peter Jackson, Allan Langer, Kerrod Walters, Sam Backo, Terry Matterson, Chris Johns.

wally & sports news LOL:lol: ;-)

choisir

Juniors
Mal Meninga in his pre-match gee talk to his Maroons team was going really well ,talking up commitment in defence and backing up the ball carrier in attack.The ch9 crew must of thought wow how good is this then Mal let loose with F's and C's ,Ive havnt seen a pre-match speech on 9 since.

Phillips

Referee
choisir said:
Mal Meninga in his pre-match gee talk to his Maroons team was going really well ,talking up commitment in defence and backing up the ball carrier in attack.The ch9 crew must of thought wow how good is this then Mal let loose with F's and C's ,Ive havnt seen a pre-match speech on 9 since.

yeah, i watched that only the other week, see how quickly they cut him off :lol:

Meanie

Juniors
Ty Williams speaks pretty well too.

And considering both of them look like they've been whacked with a brick, Petero and Webcke are very articulate.

Latest posts